rocket

Pending Update: Build 1.7.2

Rocket, plz fix this, I encounterd a bug in which I was proning between 2 trees and my legs broke and instant dead followed. + When I removed my camo the other day my zombie kills were blanked out.

O cool is this where we place crazy ideas for dayz ?

great ... add laser beams

* [FIXED] Corrupted update data causes people to spawn in debug forest (now will not save corrupted position data)

Does this include the debug plains?

Will this correct our current characters, that are stuck, from spawning back into the debug zone? or do we have to respawn and make new ones after the patch is released?

Just so i know in advance. When a new update is released how do i update to it. Do i just download it and place the new files in the 'Addons' folder overwriting the old ones?

The easiest thing to do is to use the Six Launcher app. In addition to being a good dayz game browser and launcher, it will automatically take are of the arma beta updates as well as the dayz updates.

Looking forward to the update' date=' hopefully it will come out soon.

What I'm looking forward to in the near future, is a fix for zombies coming through walls and attacking me and people fortifying places in Cherno, with ridiculous fortifications that are impossible to get around.

[/quote']

I'd be all for putting a timer on barbed wire. Someone's been logged out for more than 5 minutes, all their wire despawns. The criss-cross mess going in and out of buildings and stairwells is getting out of control.

That, or make it so the Vault command lets you pass barbed wire regardless of its height or position.

Just so i know in advance. When a new update is released how do i update to it. Do i just download it and place the new files in the 'Addons' folder overwriting the old ones?

The easiest thing to do is to use the Six Launcher app. In addition to being a good dayz game browser and launcher' date=' it will automatically take are of the arma beta updates as well as the dayz updates.

[/quote']

What exactly does the arma 2 beta patch do? It is completely seperate from Dayz in terms of it doesn't fix any mod stuff?

I have installed it. Just wanna know what it does? Seems to be a update for it quite often

Cmon guys' date=' where is your sense of adventure!

[/quote']

Are these going to be removable by toolkit?

Also, will they just break legs, or incap for 30 seconds?

The arma2 beta patch fixes stuff in the game and adds functions in the game code that the dayz mod depends on.

As rocket works now with the guys that make the arma2 he can ask them to improve stuff in the game code to make the mod work better.

The arma2 beta patch fixes stuff in the game and adds functions in the game code that the dayz mod depends on.

As rocket works now with the guys that make the arma2 he can ask them to improve stuff in the game code to make the mod work better.

Ok, so i should always update it? right now i am a couple of versions behind. 94103.zip.

Will that resist the servers i can join? Or does the Dayz version only matter there?

maybe he meant this coming monday? :P

Starting to look that way. Was really hoping the update would come in time for the weekend (the only time my friends and I have to play), but oh well. We'll live, I guess.

Yeah, it should never hurt to update the arma2 game to the latest beta, unless rocket explicitly says you shouldn't do it.

In theory, game servers should let you connect if they run an older beta version and you run a newer beta version.

The other way around (you have old beta, server has newer) shouldn't be possible and servers admins should handle this case because that can cause issues like the other players being invisible to you or not finding loot and so on.

disclaimer: not part of dayz staff in any way, but i'm a programmer so have a bit of know-how.

Rocket said the update would be released last Monday' date=' it's Friday and rocket has been quiet for a while...

Is there a problem with the update or are we going to have a surprise?

[/quote']

He never said which Monday, but yeah, there MIGHT be a surprise or, as he already said, he wants the new update to become even more stable then 1.7.1.5. Not launch it buggy and with super zombies.

Target date is Monday. Backup is for Saturday during offpeak time.

My money's riding on Saturday.

I read this as, he was aiming for this past monday. He didn't make that, so the backup patch date is saturday during offpeak time. As in, tomorrow.

Rocket i'm interested in your thoughts on creating swarms of Zed's near medium to high loot areas because currently it is really easy to just wait for a little when they zombies spawn for them to scatter a way from the loot area. In the cities I would imagine that a large number of them would be around those areas. Then it wouldn't be so easy for players to just run into these places with no weapons. Might also limit the amount of open pvp in these areas as it would be high risk of aggroing tons of Zed's. You might even see more coordination to get to these spots as it would require some cooperation to get through them. Maybe too much of a performance impact but right now if I die it doesn't take me more than 10 minutes to sprint by all the areas and re-gear.

I read it as Target Date FOR THE UPDATE is Monday, and he's doing a database backup on the previous Saturday.

Who knows though, it could mean anything.

The update was set for this past monday and the backup this past saturday, however he did the smart thing and decided to do continued closed testing on the update to insure that it is correct and much more functional. We all just need to be patient and let them get it right. After all, nobody wants to hear the complaining from an incorrect update again.

Rocket i'm interested in your thoughts on creating swarms of Zed's near medium to high loot areas because currently it is really easy to just wait for a little when they zombies spawn for them to scatter a way from the loot area. In the cities I would imagine that a large number of them would be around those areas. Then it wouldn't be so easy for players to just run into these places with no weapons. Might also limit the amount of open pvp in these areas as it would be high risk of aggroing tons of Zed's. You might even see more coordination to get to these spots as it would require some cooperation to get through them. Maybe too much of a performance impact but right now if I die it doesn't take me more than 10 minutes to sprint by all the areas and re-gear.

This.

Adding hordes on NW Airfield and in Cherno in Electro. Increasing zombie population in Berezino Krasnostaw and other medium towns.

Also making military infected more resistant to fire.

I read this as' date=' he was aiming for this past monday. He didn't make that, so the backup patch date is saturday during offpeak time. As in, tomorrow.

[/quote']

Nope, they already did the backup last Saturday during offpeak times, all servers stopped working for an hour or so.

The target date for the patch was the Monday just passed, but it was only a target. I'm sure it will be around in no time at all.

This.

Adding hordes on NW Airfield and in Cherno in Electro. Increasing zombie population in Berezino Krasnostaw and other medium towns.

Also making military infected more resistant to fire.

I imagine this patch will make it possible to create bigger zombie spawns, it says that he massively increased server performance so there can be more zeds at once.

One question I have here... does he plan on doing ANOTHER backup before the update since so much time has passed?

yeah, all those 'target dates' are out the window. an update would be nice. I don't think we've heard from rocket for 2 days

It's finished. He's just teasing us. Making sure we REALLY want it. You gotta beg for it. That's right, BEG. Like a Dog.