rocket

Pending Update: Build 1.7.2

I would almost dare say to make bear traps work against zombies only, but rather than go to that extent I think thedukey3 has the idea, they should be hella rare that way we can forget about them then accidentally walk into one ha.

I agree that basic stuff should be fixed rather than worry about the headache of problems beartrap introduction will cause' date=' not even including the crazy amount of griefing it will bring. I guess new stuff is always nice, but I have a feeling it will go down the route of barb wire fencing and take an even worse turn.

Vehicle spawns are stupid rare and needs to be completely retooled/changed so jackwads can't hoard, bagging guns needs a fix (they disappear), hatchet should sit in toolkit and use F to change to so you don't have to give up your main gun, and a zombies hitting/going through walls fix is 100x more important than giving trolls new weapons.. uhh but I guess trolls need to be fed? =/

[/quote']

+100. Its a shame this post will be buried deep in all the nonsense here.

Tuning is traditionally a beta thing.

A bear trap should be just that, a trap. Something you don't see and stumble into. It should be easy enough to remove that it does not become an area denial weapon. Disarming (and presumably collecting) should be as easy as accessing the middle mouse button menu. No special tools should be required, we're not disarming land mines here.

EDIT: Technically it is an area denial weapon, just not an insurmountable one :P

Tuning is traditionally a beta thing.

exactly, rocket will probly add all the content he wants in the game first, then worry about the balancing during the beta.

hey, Rocket, as much as i love this mod and everything.. you're giving way too much power to the people who are exploiting this game so much.. i can't find very many servers that don't have a whole town's main loot buildings that aren't completely blocked by barbed wire.. i can't get into a single fire station or school because of of it.. and adding bear traps will only add to the people doing this, keeping it so bad.. i know it's mostly just me whining about what people are doing with things.. but we all know how this is going to help grievers, and turn DayZ into even more of a "join a bandit group or get nothing" kind of thing..

so all in all.. even with the whining and everything, i just want you to at least have a way to combat people from turning DayZ into TDM with zombies

First of all: sorry for my english, 2nd lang..

I feel like i have to mention everybody should keep in mind that this thread is for bug reporting of the comming patch. Guess you are rocket and have to read all dis discussions and off topic stuff and filter only the useful stuff for bug reporting and reqeusts about the last patch.

I think rocket got his buddies to filter this out, if im hornest, i dont think rocket is even one person :) but its just a feel, im quite new here.

But please try to help him/them to do what we all want them to do and discuss stuff like sound in fog and how realistic something is in other threads. I read this pending ,rolling threads for about a week now here and there and i have problems to follow cause threads are just exploding.

Another thing is all these quotes of quotes of quotes. Just remove everything in a quote that u dont need, not quote eveything ,making a page here like 20 lines of unknown text.

This is not thought as a trollpost, but the idea is to get things back to topic and create some interesting threads beside this one.

My3cent

I would bet that the bear traps can be closed up by hand, without a toolbox.

That way, it just gets the unwary or the infected.

Well, except the smart ones with the guns.

Agree. The thread is now 160 pages -- too big to find relevant information.

rocket: I see you are updating the OP with new patch notes. Could you also add any other changes, such as planned patch times, etc so we have one place to look for it? Thanks!

To the people who are whining about why it isn't out yet - try reading the thread! rocket has already stated why. You're behaving like zombies.

I did' date=' and I didn't ask, but it's not easy thumbing through all these constantly growing pages. It might not be a bad idea to update the main post with the new time.

[/quote']

McTitties is right, if the OP gets updated, there will be less of those when-is-it-out questions.

I'm like all of you exited.

Yet I fear something :

Will the bear traps stays on the map even if removed, like the wirefences ?

In 48 hours, Elektro won't be practicable anymore, full of wirefences and traps.

I agree that basic stuff should be fixed rather than worry about the headache of problems beartrap introduction will cause' date=' not even including the crazy amount of griefing it will bring. I guess new stuff is always nice, but I have a feeling it will go down the route of barb wire fencing and take an even worse turn.

Vehicle spawns are stupid rare and needs to be completely retooled/changed so jackwads can't hoard, bagging guns needs a fix (they disappear), hatchet should sit in toolkit and use F to change to so you don't have to give up your main gun, and a zombies hitting/going through walls fix is 100x more important than giving trolls new weapons.. uhh but I guess trolls need to be fed? =/

[/quote']

+100. Its a shame this post will be buried deep in all the nonsense here.

Bugs first, but devs need entertainment or they stop dev'ing.

I'm like all of you exited.

Yet I fear something :

Will the bear traps stays on the map even if removed' date=' like the wirefences ?

In 48 hours, Elektro won't be practicable anymore, full of wirefences and traps.

[/quote']

I'm fairly sure the 'razorwire stays' thing is being fixed, it's in the patch notes. And if he is fixing it, he probably won't introduce it for awesome beartraps instead.

I don't know if it's already been said but there is an exploit for the m1911 and revolver regarding infinite ammo.

For example, one can convert partially used m1911 ammo to revolver ammo and back to m1911 for a full magazine.

Possible temporary fix could be that you need the gun to convert ammo for it. Like, you can't convert m1911 ammo to revolver ammo unless you have the revolver in your inventory.

I'm okay with the barb wire, but at least add a way to take it down or something. Every time I join a server people are always putting Barb wire in random places and blocking buildings off...I can understand why they do it, but I would like to see a way to take it down or something so its not so annoying all the time.

Best,

SteveZ

I figure toolboxes will be able to disarm bear traps. In case people(^) didn't know, toolboxes already give you the option to remove tank traps/wirefences.

More exciting than the patch notes that we already have are the easter egg patch items that we don't hear about but get to find. :D I'm always excited for patches because I notice everything.

Hey GUYS LOL

GO TO A SERVER NAMED "US 7" (50p limit)

LOL LOL LOL LOL

And now go to Elektro' date=' and look what the fu*k hell happening

[/quote']

maybe tell us?

http://s1141.photobucket.com/albums/n590/MatMendes/?action=view&current=arma2oa2012-06-2717-33-24-95.jpg

http://i1141.photobucket.com/albums/n590/MatMendes/arma2oa2012-06-2717-32-34-00-1.jpg

http://i1141.photobucket.com/albums/n590/MatMendes/arma2oa2012-06-2717-32-29-47.jpg

Well this is on Prigorodiki(or something like that), my friend just recorded a video of the chaos in Elektro.

BEAR TRAPS? Seriously??

Let's focus our efforts where it counts' date=' not on superfluous counter productive crap like bear-traps, tank-traps, barbed wire, or whatever else comes to mind.

[/quote']

What "efforts" do you speak of? Unless you are one of the rare people who actually post bug reports all of your "efforts" equates to nothing more than you spending your time playing a mod in an Alpha stage and complaining when those who are doing the real work add content that you don't agree with that may or may not even make it into the beta stage.

I'm going to take a moment to remind all of those complaining about the bear traps that this is a mod in ALPHA stage. What normally happens in the Alpha stage is content is added, and game stopping bugs are dealt with, more content is added and experimented with, so on and so forth. The next step is the Beta stage... This is the stage where all of the bugs theoretically get smoothed out and taken care of, content isn't normally added and if it is it isn't game changing or released nearly as frequently. Then, after that is the release of the finished game/mod.

~True story.

In 48 hours' date=' Elektro won't be practicable anymore, full of wirefences and traps.

[/quote']

Well, that would solve the big pking problem.

maybe tell us?

http://s1141.photobucket.com/albums/n590/MatMendes/?action=view&current=arma2oa2012-06-2717-33-24-95.jpg

http://i1141.photobucket.com/albums/n590/MatMendes/arma2oa2012-06-2717-32-34-00-1.jpg

http://i1141.photobucket.com/albums/n590/MatMendes/arma2oa2012-06-2717-32-29-47.jpg

Well this is on Prigorodiki(or something like that)' date=' my friend just recorded a video of the chaos in Elektro.

[/quote']

-------------------------------------------------------Yeah, I screwed up the quoting-------------------------------------------------

Ha ha! I swear I predicted that in my Limerick thread, here:

The minesweeper 'HMS Fairfield'

was seen at the northwestern airfield

a glitch or a bug?

or maybe some schmuck

has spawned it to use as a gun shield

It was just a matter of time.

Regarding the bear traps. Will they Damage Vehicles?

If yes how much, broken wheel?

If a bycicle runs through it how much damage it will do to the "driver"?

Hope you considered all of this stuff rocket.

I'm going to take a moment to remind all of those complaining about the bear traps that this is a mod in ALPHA stage. What normally happens in the Alpha stage is content is added' date=' and game stopping bugs are dealt with, more content is added and experimented with, so on and so forth. The next step is the Beta stage... This is the stage where all of the bugs theoretically get smoothed out and taken care of, content isn't normally added and if it is it isn't game changing or released nearly as frequently. Then, after that is the release of the finished game/mod.

[/quote']

The people "complaining" are bringing bugs to light. So they are serving a purpose. And bear traps, with the current flaws of every other placed object IS game breaking.

The patch notes state specifically they fixed the ability to infinitely spawn wire fences from a single kit. (can also be done with sandbags) NOT that they fixed the fact they re-spawn AFTER server restarts. Or that they're reducing how common they are, or making them more difficult to install (i.e. Toolbox needed.)

So peoples fears of the bear traps may or may not be justified. It depends on if the real issues are patched in this same update too. I for one like the idea of the traps just not in the current state of item duping.

Someone said previously, if it behaves the same as the fences/tanktraps the major towns will be impossible.

BEAR TRAPS? Seriously??

Let's focus our efforts where it counts' date=' not on superfluous counter productive crap like bear-traps, tank-traps, barbed wire, or whatever else comes to mind.

[/quote']

What "efforts" do you speak of? Unless you are one of the rare people who actually post bug reports all of your "efforts" equates to nothing more than you spending your time playing a mod in an Alpha stage and complaining when those who are doing the real work add content that you don't agree with that may or may not even make it into the beta stage.

I'm going to take a moment to remind all of those complaining about the bear traps that this is a mod in ALPHA stage. What normally happens in the Alpha stage is content is added, and game stopping bugs are dealt with, more content is added and experimented with, so on and so forth. The next step is the Beta stage... This is the stage where all of the bugs theoretically get smoothed out and taken care of, content isn't normally added and if it is it isn't game changing or released nearly as frequently. Then, after that is the release of the finished game/mod.

~True story.

Yeah guys lets not forget this IS currently in ALPHA stage, As said things are added, Removed & even drastically changed in a alpha. If ANY new content added don't go as planned it can be altered or even removed.

Remember this is a ALPHA, Lets not bitch about content until we have actually tried it!

BEAR TRAPS? Seriously??

[/quote']

~True story.

What's with the self-righteous indignation?

Is the problem here the fact that I dare to express a dissenting opinion?

Do I MUST post bug reports to qualify in order to post an opinion?

My opinion is a productive one, because I firmly believe that adding autonomous weapons (eg. Bear Traps) will affect this game in a negative way.

It's not a BUG, but I believe that it's a bad idea and the game can be better off without things of this nature.

It's not a complaint, it's a warning.

Original post:

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=18575&pid=204165#pid204165