rocket

Pending Update: Build 1.7.2

I think that the bear traps are are a great idea. It adds to the realism bandits arn't just going to be setting up ambushes, sniping, or stalking, but lying down traps for the careless. And as for the ppl concerned about always having to watch out for them, you should. The moment you let your guard down is the moment this mod will knock you on your ass. Be it with the aggro of zombies or that bandit who happened to be stalking, sniping, or simply lying in wait. You always need to be alert. Bear traps will just be another thing to look out for, to always be weary about.

As for spawns. considering chernarus is mostly countryside I would think hunters before the outbreak would use them for hunting, or protecting there livestock. As such while you wouldn't find them in the cities they would be fairly common in barns and such.

well thats my two cents. byes.

Please include ability to turn DMR magazines into FAL magazines. same ammo same size clip.

Please include ability to turn DMR magazines into FAL magazines. same ammo same size clip.

^^^^This. Dear god, THIS.

why so many servers crashing right now?

think its a beta update ongoing

It is. This:

[94206] Fixed: Disabled channels can be bypassed in briefing screen (https://dev-heaven.net/issues/33906)

I have absolutely no idea what it means though. Did we win?

Hey GUYS LOL

GO TO A SERVER NAMED "US 7" (50p limit)

LOL LOL LOL LOL

And now go to Elektro' date=' and look what the fu*k hell happening

[/quote']

maybe tell us?

http://s1141.photobucket.com/albums/n590/MatMendes/?action=view&current=arma2oa2012-06-2717-33-24-95.jpg

http://i1141.photobucket.com/albums/n590/MatMendes/arma2oa2012-06-2717-32-34-00-1.jpg

http://i1141.photobucket.com/albums/n590/MatMendes/arma2oa2012-06-2717-32-29-47.jpg

Well this is on Prigorodiki(or something like that), my friend just recorded a video of the chaos in Elektro.

WTF? A carrier? Huh ? Post a youtube link please !

The people "complaining" are bringing bugs to light. So they are serving a purpose. And bear traps' date=' with the current flaws of every other placed object IS game breaking.

The patch notes state specifically they fixed the ability to infinitely spawn wire fences from a single kit. (can also be done with sandbags) NOT that they fixed the fact they re-spawn AFTER server restarts. Or that they're reducing how common they are, or making them more difficult to install (i.e. Toolbox needed.)

So peoples fears of the bear traps may or may not be justified. It depends on if the real issues are patched in this same update too. I for one like the idea of the traps just not in the current state of item duping.

Someone said previously, if it behaves the same as the fences/tanktraps the major towns will be impossible.

[/quote']

^ + 100000.

Fix the bugs and game braking mechanics. Add new features later.

We have so many game braking things in the game already, why make it even more unplayable ?

* nerf proc chance for bleeding from zobmies

* nerf proc chance for passing out from zobmies

* spawn more loot

* spawn more morphine or let bones heal over time

* fix zombies going though walls

* fix zombies going though gates / wall

* fix zombies attacking though walls

* fix zombies hearing through 10 floors

* fix the the stupidly absurd running speed of zombies

..... and only now add bear traps.

BEAR TRAPS? Seriously??

Let's focus our efforts where it counts' date=' not on superfluous counter productive crap like bear-traps, tank-traps, barbed wire, or whatever else comes to mind.

[/quote']

What "efforts" do you speak of? Unless you are one of the rare people who actually post bug reports all of your "efforts" equates to nothing more than you spending your time playing a mod in an Alpha stage and complaining when those who are doing the real work add content that you don't agree with that may or may not even make it into the beta stage.

I'm going to take a moment to remind all of those complaining about the bear traps that this is a mod in ALPHA stage. What normally happens in the Alpha stage is content is added, and game stopping bugs are dealt with, more content is added and experimented with, so on and so forth. The next step is the Beta stage... This is the stage where all of the bugs theoretically get smoothed out and taken care of, content isn't normally added and if it is it isn't game changing or released nearly as frequently. Then, after that is the release of the finished game/mod.

~True story.

What's with the self-righteous indignation?

Is the problem here the fact that I dare to express a dissenting opinion?

Do I MUST post bug reports to qualify in order to post an opinion?

My opinion is a productive one, because I firmly believe that adding autonomous weapons (eg. Bear Traps) will affect this game in a negative way.

It's not a BUG, but I believe that it's a bad idea and the game can be better off without things of this nature.

It's not a complaint, it's a warning.

Original post:

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=18575&pid=204165#pid204165

1. "Lets focus our efforts where it counts". What do you mean by this? I'm curious to what your "efforts" are.

2. You called the bear traps "counter-productive crap" even though you, or anyone else for that matter, haven't had the opportunity to try them yet. Unless... no, impossible... You're not a wizard are you?

And please, step away from the thesaurus.

Hey GUYS LOL

GO TO A SERVER NAMED "US 7" (50p limit)

LOL LOL LOL LOL

And now go to Elektro' date=' and look what the fu*k hell happening

[/quote']

maybe tell us?

http://s1141.photobucket.com/albums/n590/MatMendes/?action=view&current=arma2oa2012-06-2717-33-24-95.jpg

http://i1141.photobucket.com/albums/n590/MatMendes/arma2oa2012-06-2717-32-34-00-1.jpg

http://i1141.photobucket.com/albums/n590/MatMendes/arma2oa2012-06-2717-32-29-47.jpg

Well this is on Prigorodiki(or something like that), my friend just recorded a video of the chaos in Elektro.

WTF? A carrier? Huh ? Post a youtube link please !

The people "complaining" are bringing bugs to light. So they are serving a purpose. And bear traps' date=' with the current flaws of every other placed object IS game breaking.

The patch notes state specifically they fixed the ability to infinitely spawn wire fences from a single kit. (can also be done with sandbags) NOT that they fixed the fact they re-spawn AFTER server restarts. Or that they're reducing how common they are, or making them more difficult to install (i.e. Toolbox needed.)

So peoples fears of the bear traps may or may not be justified. It depends on if the real issues are patched in this same update too. I for one like the idea of the traps just not in the current state of item duping.

Someone said previously, if it behaves the same as the fences/tanktraps the major towns will be impossible.

[/quote']

^ + 100000.

Fix the bugs and game braking mechanics. Add new features later.

We have so many game braking things in the game already, why make it even more unplayable ?

* nerf proc chance for bleeding from zobmies

* nerf proc chance for passing out from zobmies

* spawn more loot

* spawn more morphine or let bones heal over time

* fix zombies going though walls

* fix zombies going though gates / wall

* fix zombies attacking though walls

* fix zombies hearing through 10 floors

* fix the the stupidly absurd running speed of zombies

..... and only now add bear traps.

Alpha = add stuff. Beta = fix stuff.

* [NEW]Set Bear Traps that break player and infected legs' date=' kills animals, when activated

[/quote']

Which will undoubtedly be used primarily if not exclusively by a$$holes to cripple other players by setting them in barns etc.

It is. This:

[94206] Fixed: Disabled channels can be bypassed in briefing screen (https://dev-heaven.net/issues/33906)

I have absolutely no idea what it means though. Did we win?

if you like side chat it means you lost. basically they closed the loop-hole that was allowing some servers to still use side chat

* [NEW]Set Bear Traps that break player and infected legs' date=' kills animals, when activated

[/quote']

Which will undoubtedly be used primarily if not exclusively by a$$holes to cripple other players by setting them in barns etc.

they should be easy enough to spot if you're already looking for loot

I just wanna see what it's all about before I start complaining too much

So long as they don't clip through walls, have a big detection box, fall through floors etc.

I'm a bit worried about the bear traps tbh.

One more tool the griefers will love, as if barbed wire isn't enough already.

I hope our beloved devs will implement a way to unarm the traps, too.

Otherwise there is a high chance that building blockers will enjoy themselves even more.

But well.. I'll stop being negative for now. Was just guessing what might happen.

Will watch out from now for new update to be released. I'm excited.

meh' date=' nothing new for players, good fixes though, not enough reverts, we need reverts rocket

[/quote']

THIS

come on rocket let us have a gun at spawn please.

So long as they don't clip through walls' date=' have a big detection box, fall through floors etc.

[/quote']

that's pretty much what I was thinking. there better not be some way to hide them under the floor or some crap

meh' date=' nothing new for players, good fixes though, not enough reverts, we need reverts rocket

[/quote']

THIS

Don't be such a pussy!

[/quote']

THIS

are you some sort of 5 year old GIRL!?

Man up for the love of all that is good in this world!

[/quote']

THIS

are you some sort of idiot?

weapons hardly spawn.

and man up? its a video game

[/quote']

THIS

weapons hardly spawn.

It was a light hearted joke, calm down big boy.

As for the gun, Rocket has said "never again" or words to that effect I believe.

[/quote']

THIS

weapons hardly spawn.

As for the gun, Rocket has said "never again" or words to that effect I believe.

dude i dont take anything people say on the internet seriously

but as far as rocket said never again, where did he say that?

[/quote']

THIS

weapons hardly spawn.

WHEN did rocket say he would never put a gun in the spawn again?

No not this.

Please Rocket do NOT give us a gun at spawn. You have such a awesome feeling of accomplishment when you earn what you have. Your level is your gear. This game is about loot and survival. There are plenty of guns on the map and very assessable. You have to learn to take your time. Its laughable to think because you have a gun from the beginning will make you a better survivor.

I've started with a gun and without and believe me I'm a better survivor having learned how to survive until I can defend myself.

Let me ask you this, what would you ever do if you some how ran out of ammo?3

I guess next people will be asking to start with the alice pack too.

I love spawning with no gun but I think you should at least get a mele weapon

when is this patch coming? thought it was due monday :(

[/quote']

THIS

No!

You shouldnt be able to simply respawn to get fresh magazines and full health.

It is easy enough to either lose zombies in a building or find a hatchet and fight them.