Sign in to follow this  
Junebugs

Everyone evil?

Ok so! Not one person on my friend list owns this game and every single person in the server seems to only have 1 intention and that is to kill everyone on sight or turn them into a force feeding joke.. >.<

This happening to anyone else?....  I have 13+ hours of play already and havent found one friendly person.

It really makes the game boring knowing i need to avoid survivors at all cost... Been killed multiple times with nothing but a flashlight on me.. Literally no reason to kill me. :'(

EDIT:!

People assume im just running up to people.. not the case if i see someone i will talk in direct chat with an instant saying im friendly!

If someone doesnt see me i stop them and ask them to freeze and if they are friendly.

And getting items is far from my problem ive lost like 3 loot goblins at this point but thats the fun of the game.

Other fun part of the game is interaction between survivors which is just not there due to everyone KOSing or they have already accumulated friends and they are setting up a trap for you via Skype/TS so you dont even see it coming in game

Edited by Junebugs

I know I and my friends in the clan I am in try to help people and not always shoot on site, we're a pretty scary bunch as usually we roam in a group of 5-10 people all armed to the teeth.

But sometimes we come across a new person or someone who re-spawned and we will drop some food and water for them and usually say go on your way and don't follow us (you can never be to sure).

So don't get to disappointed there are some good guys out there. 

Ok... So the only option is to buy another copy for someone thats not going to kill me? lol

Well. I made a different experience. Every person so far I met was friendly. I even was confronted with a fully armed guy in a barracks at Balota and he had a talk and he let me loot it, as I was a new spawn.

But I haven't encountered anyone in the north yet. Maybe one day I will get ambushed, but I hope they won't just kill me, but hold me up, maybe handcuff me. That would be at least some fun and action.

There are nice people out there, you could post on the forums to find them or do what I do and shrug off the bandits keep doing what your doing because when you do happen to come across that friendly guy in game you can officially un install the game and claim you reached end game :)

I met 10+ people so far... 1 of them killed me, 3 send me away, 3 actually really helped me, the rest was not bothered at all and I killed one on sight cause I was too afraid of my gear that I found and he looked dangerous... I'm not proud, he was applying bandages cause he was hurt... well... That's everydays business in this type of game I guess.

I met 10+ people so far... 1 of them killed me, 3 send me away, 3 actually really helped me, the rest was not bothered at all and I killed one on sight cause I was too afraid of my gear that I found and he looked dangerous... I'm not proud, he was applying bandages cause he was hurt... well... That's everydays business in this type of game I guess.

I would be fine with this experience but ive been force fed to my death 2 times.. purposely wrong blood type transfusion 1 time... Gunned down while waving and saying friendly 4-5 times... Not one person has gave me anything... Even fresh spawns run at me with their fist up!... I have been killed or forced to kill someone with every single survivor i have seen.. Loaded M4 and guy with axe chasing me down when i was trying to help him. Lol

I generally don't shoot/kill on sight, I usually need to see some evidence that they are untrustworthy.  That being said, funny story about the other night, I'm in Electro scavenging around when I shine my flashlight into the window and I see someone doing the same, and he instantly flips me off.  I ignore him for the most part and keep scaving, (no gun, just a pipe wrench, he's unarmed) turn around and he punches me, which leads to me chasing him around east Electro and getting one hit on him whenever i catch up, also the saying of creepy stuff on mic (Bonniekin, Bonnie Kin, I see yoooou.  Bonnie Kin, Booooonie Kin, what will you do?)  After he starts bleeding I lose him and interest, and start walking away (turning off my headlamp in the process), I hide in the dark a bit (or as dark as the open street can get) and he runs towards me, and I finish him off with another whack.  I assumed he was KO and not dead so I ran back to grab some handcuffs I found to have some fun, only to find he's dead, so I depants his corpse, take his flashlight and drop it a few feet away from his body facing him after turning it on for any future players to see.

• Like 1

Just don't trust anyone except your real mates....One time, when i logged in a survivor saluting saying his friendly which i gestured back also as friendly, then he came running to me with his fire axe ready to swing....geez! and All i want to do is test the game with all its Bugs and Glory..... lol

My experience was pretty good in the standalone so far, granted that I did not play much and only met 3 players by now. Was on the coast nobody got a ranged weapon, we weaved at each other and everybody went on his way.

Some tipps that might be helpful to the peaceful survivor:

1. Go North. This might be one of the most useful advices one can give, because you will find more loot north and all the little killer-kids will frequently respawn and head to cherno/electro asap to gear up again. Therefor you might encounter less hostile players if you avoid the big cities and the NWAF.

2. You can now holster your weapon while outside of a combat situation. Do it to show that you are no iminent threat to another player that meets you. If he already had the intention to kill you this will naturally lower your chance of survival though...

3. Try not to pop up behind another player, if you have already seen him. Either avoid him completely or try to comunicate over direct chat. Lowers the chance that he just shoots you as a reflex.

Just don't trust anyone except your real mates....One time, when i logged in a survivor saluting saying his friendly which i gestured back also as friendly, then he came running to me with his fire axe ready to swing....geez! and All i want to do is test the game with all its Bugs and Glory..... lol

See this is my point i dont have any "real mates" but this is pretty much the only responses that seem viable so i guess ill just leave the game alone for a few months and wait for a friend to buy it...

I'm friendly, but people I know IRL aren't...I'll probably help them as a medic and join a white-list for solo play.

Keep in mind everyone in this game is terrified of losing their new pants and beans, so will shoot in panic as their first reaction. Keep moving, and don't give them a shot.

And don't run straight at people. I've had someone run directly at me at night, could barely tell it was human till it ran away to die after i lodged a 5.56 in it's face.

It depends on the situation. If I go face to face with a dude armed to the teeth with his gun raised I'll probably panic-shoot. And die, as I can't aim for shit. If I see you coming I'll try to communicate, leave you alone, or kill you, depending on the situation and your actions.

There are only 2 ways to make friends in DayZ

1. You meet someone who also only has a flashlight you guys team up.

2. You get a gun, hold someone at gun point, talk to them and decide for yourself if you can trust them. Obviously if you haven't shot them yet, there is a chance you might be friendly.

=========

Here is what I do. I take my fully geared self up and down the coast, and talk to the fresh spawns, I can tell by someones voice if they are friendly or not and 90% of the time I'm right. Ive recruited alot of people that way and made alot of friends.

When you see a player. Kill them or they will kill you first. Thats just how this game is.

HAHAHA no. 9/10 of my interactions have gone extremely well.

Tips for those continously being killed;

- Get away from the coast. Head up north, there is almost always loot in every single building.

- See someone in fully decked out military gear? Run away.

- See someone in a Pay Day (clown) mask? Shoot the shit out of him, every single encounter I've had with them, they have shot at or tried to kill me. I sat in Cherno on a high vantage point and just watched people wearing masks run ariound playing call of duty.

• Like 4

I usually try to talk first, shoot later, especially if the other player doesn't have a gun equipped.

Exceptions are server hoppers, if I see someone logging in at a military spawn I shoot them.

• Like 1

I usually try to talk first, shoot later, especially if the other player doesn't have a gun equipped.

Exceptions are server hoppers, if I see someone logging in at a military spawn I shoot them.

Yes!

I've had only one KOS and one person who wanted to get into a fist fight.  I was kinda hilarious. Anyways by talking to people I usually can figure out who is friendly and who isn't. Of all the people I've played with only 1 I knew prior to the game.  Granted most of them were met using side chat when no one else was really on or teamspeak, but there were a few instances when I came up on someone and decided to join up. You may just have bad luck, or seem sketchy yourself. Remember everyone is scared in this game, so you need to calm their fears just as much as your own if you want a good interaction.

HAHAHA no. 9/10 of my interactions have gone extremely well.

Tips for those continously being killed;

- Get away from the coast. Head up north, there is almost always loot in every single building.

- See someone in fully decked out military gear? Run away.

- See someone in a Pay Day (clown) mask? Shoot the shit out of him, every single encounter I've had with them, they have shot at or tried to kill me. I sat in Cherno on a high vantage point and just watched people wearing masks run ariound playing call of duty.

Your observation with the Payday masks is perfect.  They are almost the new bandit skin. I don't like them as I think they break immersion, but they sure tell you who is a douche bag pretty easily.

I have a payday mask and I'm not a douchebag :(

Generally I try to avoid as much contact with others as possible. If I do happen to stumble upon somebody I yell friendly as my life depends on it (and it usually does). I only KoS when the other guy has great loot or I'm really desperate for food.

My first few encounters were pretty much all of the possible. My first encounter ended with a KoS death for me at Balota (my bad too look there). The second one was funny, I was a fresh spawn and some random guy passed me, we waved at each other and carried on. My third encounter was at the Cherno hospital, I was at the top floor when suddenly a guy with an M4 appeared, I yelled "friendly, I'm not going to axe you". That guy was like "Oh, Hey...uuh...ok" Not sure if he bought it cause he ran back from where he came :P. The fourth one was at Cherno again when I wanted to loot the firestation. But someone entered it before me and I got the hell out of there :D. And the fifth one I was a fresh spawn when someone with an axe ran towards me. I tried to talk to him but he hit me once. I was bleeding and started fist fighting him. The guy was like "Oh, you want to fight? Come on and fight meeeh!" Then when I passed out he was like "Oh get up, come one get up!".

So far I got no PVP kills myself, only a couple of zombies that happen to run into my axe.

There are good guys, but a lot depends on how you handle other people. But then again, some people are just plain douchebags :P

Not everyone is friendly. But I just met a guy who was freshspawn just like me. We teamed up and played for about an hour until we died (Bandits).

I hope to see more friendly people :D.

Edited by Naike