vandal gab

Lets post some screen shots (Standalone)

-snip-

Absolutly amazing shot man! Comparing the original shot, the post processing seem to have been minimal and the original still looks fantastic! :thumbsup:

• Like 1

sorry for the double post ...

Aw, thanks for your yummy beans :beans:  :thumbsup: ! Yea there was definitely some editing in that pic :)

Original for reference http://imgur.com/DkxNX3N

Lovely picture, indeed! But you should revisit the editing process and straighten the horizon. At the moment it's curved on the right edge of the picture, which looks weird. Afterwards it's perfect :)

2sanfba.jpg

Had some encounter at the prison on the -UN-/ZaP #1 server. 5 armed fellows, non-hostile, securing the prison, plus 3 lone wolves (me included) looking around feeling rather safe for once.

15wc85f.jpg

118q17a.jpg

And now random non-related shots.

25j8kmd.jpg

117s1h3.jpg

2h52lvk.jpg

2zriyaq.jpg

• Like 5

*snip*

Love it! Just like in real life, I think sitting around a fire and sharing a meal is the quintessential way to socialize in DayZ.

• Like 1

Got my new PC up and running last night. Things are about to get interesting :)

The new Tatanko™ in 1080p -- the same Tatanko™ you love, now with MORE pixels in every image!

...and coming soon, Tatanko™ in 1440p!

T8JgNN5.jpg

r9ZTyBw.jpg

nO62HAV.jpg

lOTmaHf.jpg

ssephzQ.jpg

MwT59c3.jpg

iKPuDp0.jpg

• Like 5

You guys take some great screenshots! What post processing effects do you guys use?  I edited two of the three:

UgMGRle.jpg

DCZ73Wl.jpg

tJYcPgA.jpg

Edited by schwaBAM
  • Like 4

You guys take some great screenshots! What post processing effects do you guys use?  I edited two of the three:

Personally, I don't edit any of my shots. Mostly because I've never learned how :p I plan to soon, though. As for the in-game postprocessing setting, mine is usually disabled. The blur gives me a headache after a while :(

More shots from my new PC. I'm in love!

SAjwaDV.jpg

NUAfZdc.jpg

xWuKImT.jpg

V9EPnfg.jpg

zAolLTZ.jpg

jtl0RO9.jpg

• Like 5

Got a lucky break today on a private server. I was in Svetlo, but it was fairly devoid of useful loot. Basic melee weapons, some ammo and an odd Sporter in a piano house. Not that I needed anything, since I already have a backpack full of weapons. Then the server restarted, so I decided to try my luck in the police station to maybe try and get started on a police uniform. I found the hat, but I also found something way nicer. Behold, my new plaything!

10985018_10206060366171206_3570768621927

And since this is a server where I am prone to indulge in some banditry, I am currently looking for someone to test this pretty little thing on... I think I'll head to Novo and see if any snipers need to be disposed of!

DAYZ can be so beautiful NICE.png

DUBBD_CK.png BUT ALSO REALLY UGLY  :thumbsup:

2015_02_16_00006.pngBOM.png

• Like 1

My apologies if there seems like a repeat in a few of the pictures I'm posting right now. I'm re-taking a few for the sake of comparison between my machines :)

v6QG8J3.jpg

ctS6fJV.jpg

tqCMBAb.jpg

• Like 3

I LOVE ChrisHD's one with the magnum and the lone tree by Tatanko.  Again, someone please tell me what post processing effects you applying to get those results!

Hi schwaBam

Tatanko usually doesn't use post processing, as stated a few posts above on top one of his pics :) Just raw in game shots, with no editing! By the sounds, Tatanko may soon be editing, if so I cannot wait to see what's in store  :D 

By the looks of ChrisHD's screenies and taking a guess. He uses the in game post processing. I am unsure if it was edited further besides the nametag though

I LOVE ChrisHD's one with the magnum and the lone tree by Tatanko.  Again, someone please tell me what post processing effects you applying to get those results!

Hi schwaBam

Tatanko usually doesn't use post processing, as stated a few posts above on top one of his pics :) Just raw in game shots, with no editing! By the sounds, Tatanko may soon be editing, if so I cannot wait to see what's in store  :D

By the looks of ChrisHD's screenies and taking a guess. He uses the in game post processing. I am unsure if it was edited further besides the nametag though

Correct! No editing here. Even if I dip my toes into the editing process, it likely won't be for everything, just wallpapers and that sort of thing. To me, there's an art to producing images straight from the game that show off the hard work of the developers; too much editing makes it into something else entirely (which is fine, if that's your thing).

If I use in-game postprocessing at all, it's on the "Very Low" setting. I have nothing against its intended purpose of showing you effects (i.e. blurred vision with low health), but even when nothing is affecting your character the higher settings blur everything to the point of making me nauseous. The lower (or disabled) postprocessing looks more "real" to me as well.

• Like 3

Correct, In game post processing and just a nametag, No other editing. :) 

• Like 2

Thanks for clarification guys  :)

too much editing makes it into something else entirely (which is fine, if that's your thing).

I completely agree with this. Majority of screen shots are taken too far to the extreme and lose there authentic dayz feel. I think being subtle is key here and less is actually more.