piffaroni

DayZ Hacks already happening

This is an issue the devs are already aware of.

Thanks

Mother of god.

I don't mind the million of bugs

The deletion of characters

The truly pathetic notification system

The lack of features in comparison with the mod

The remaining clunkyness

However fixing this script issue was the #1 priority and should have been fixed before you started modeling compasses. 

For the first time since release (which was 2 days ago) I am truly disappointed. 

hhmmm a quote off reddit on hacking by dean

"all war is based on deception" -Sun Tzu, 4th BC

and followed by

Hacks appear, patches get released. That's how this thing works.

reddit link to rocket2guns account.

Which looks like to me that this might be part of the process, leave it open find the main hacks they use and then patch. Then repeat, another patch tomorrow. They are not stupid they will be on top of the hacks, ever since we heard they were making this game hacking was top of the agenda so they will be sorting.

Patience here I think, can`t stop all the hackers but I reckon they will stop the vast proportion of them.

Edited by law1977
  • Like 1

Mother of god.

The remaining clunkyness

However fixing this script issue was the #1 priority and should have been fixed before you started modeling compasses. 

For the first time since release (which was 2 days ago) I am truly disappointed. 

This is and always will be an ongoing system hack > patch > fix > hack > patch > fix until the time comes to release the all the defense BE and VAC :-). 

Mother of god.

The remaining clunkyness

when people start to realize the game is just to  a quick buck and no effort was or is being put forward to stop hacking, people will feel ripped off and leave.

at this point, the mod is better then the stand alone, which is again, 10 steps backwards

This is and always will be an ongoing system hack > patch > fix > hack > patch > fix until the time comes to release the all the defense BE and VAC :-). 

And that would be great but what people are mentioning is that VAC and BE won't affect the scripting problem. 

Yes and no if you look close at every pic you have seen all of them show a tool running in the background that force fully injects a line to engage scripts this tool will be detected.

But time will tell i guess lets hope Dean has done everything possible within the engine to stop this stuff.

• Like 2

RAZOR49, you know very well that VAC won't stop any scripting. Everyone here was told with 'the new engine' things would be different and client-side scripting would be almost no issue anymore as the server took over almost all of the decisions. And now, after more then one year when i bought the SA, it turns out i'm still using the old engine with some 'polish' on it? What is the official word on this?

After two days of excitement I am completely dissapointed.

I think the main issue people are worried about is whether the new client/server architecture actually works. It was not one of the, but THE selling point of DayZ standalone. Clients were supposed to be unable to spawn in items. I don't care about wallhacks one bit, just looking at the bigger picture here. Hopefully we hear something from Dean about this soon.

• Like 2

I want the server to validate all client input and not allow player addWeapon() to create m4s out of thin air.

reading the forums, all im thinking is

is it really that difficult to grasp the concept of "alpha stage"?!

Edited by mofakid

RAZOR49, you know very well that VAC won't stop any scripting. Everyone here was told with 'the new engine' things would be different and client-side scripting would be almost no issue anymore as the server took over almost all of the decisions. And now, after more then one year when i bought the SA, it turns out i'm still using the old engine with some 'polish' on it? What is the official word on this?

After two days of excitement I am completely dissapointed.

I think the main issue people are worried about is whether the new client/server architecture actually works. It was not one of the, but THE selling point of DayZ standalone. Clients were supposed to be unable to spawn in items. I don't care about wallhacks one bit, just looking at the bigger picture here. Hopefully we hear something from Dean about this soon.

No one said VAC alone would stop scripts.

What i said was continued patches should fix holes that hacks use then VAC and BE will stop other systems that are being freely used now like the cheat engines your all seeing.

This being said i am also a player and have concerns about what can and cant be done. But with time i am conferdent they will squeeze alot of the issues raised, hacks are nothing more then bugs and with time bugs get fixed. What i cant say is they will stop every hack but then again can any game.

My main concern now is making sure any hacks that do get found are reported to who they need to be and we don't start seeing a mass use of them like we did in the mod. 

Aimbot and radar hacks were always going to happen. I'm yet to see a proof of this, but VAC disabled or not, something isn't right IF clients are allowed to spawn in items or teleport other players. It simply shouldn't happen.

9Qx7Kk4.jpg

M22TJhO.jpg

Commenting in detail on anti-hack measures would not serve to benefit anyone except those looking for exploits.

What I will say, is that it's really quite simple:

1. The new architecture allows us to respond to exploits (both scripts, engine hacks, and game exploits) in a much more effective way than before. It is at this point we identify and update the exploits and problems that are found. This will occur in every single build. You will not see any notification of these changes in the build logs, as they are redacted.

2. A great deal of functionality on every level, game, security, database, etc... was dialed back for the initial launch to reduce the load on the central server and to help identify the areas we needed to focus on. This functionality will be slowly turned on and assessed throughout the coming weeks.

• Like 1

Reason why i get standalone was to play in fair environment. The cheaters destroyed my game experience after playing two years and then i decided that its enought and i should wait standalone version.

I havent seen any cheaters yet but if people complain this already i bet the new system is not that good like i belived  :|

Am I the only one here who doesn't just automatically believe something said on reddit?

Or that believes 3-4 pictures with hack overlays isn't proof?

Lest us forget Survivor2299...

Does anyone have some actual evidence of hacking? Even a first hand experience of it?

Edited by Maze
  • Like 3

Worth mentioning:

We will not make detailed statements about anti-hack measures and details of them will be redacted from posted changelogs. I trust the reasons for that are obvious. So that mean's that you will not hear the work that is done towards all anti-exploit measures, hacks included.

• Like 3

Am I the only one here who doesn't just automatically believe something said on reddit?

Does anyone have some actual evidence of hacking? Even a first hand experience of it?

I think there's now enough anecdotal evidence going round to indicate that hacks exist, but I do believe the severity of the issue is being rather overstated given the very early state of the game.

Edited by Target Practice
  • Like 1

Ok pleeeease no one tell me its an alpha....I know lol

What im reading hear is disheartening me loooads :(

From this thread im gathering that there is no new server/client architecture. Wasn't this like the first thing that was confirmed for SA, and to a point, the reason for making SA?

Rocket come and set our minds at ease here lol 

EDIT - Aha you already did :)

Edited by Karmaterror

Commenting in detail on anti-hack measures would not serve to benefit anyone except those looking for exploits.

What I will say, is that it's really quite simple:

1. The new architecture allows us to respond to exploits (both scripts, engine hacks, and game exploits) in a much more effective way than before. It is at this point we identify and update the exploits and problems that are found. This will occur in every single build. You will not see any notification of these changes in the build logs, as they are redacted.

2. A great deal of functionality on every level, game, security, database, etc... was dialed back for the initial launch to reduce the load on the central server and to help identify the areas we needed to focus on. This functionality will be slowly turned on and assessed throughout the coming weeks.

I already responded, but you were all too busy in "rabble" mode and it got lost :)

• Like 3

This right here. The only evidence I've been able to find was on the one free hack website that isn't ever reliable and like 5 people with 10 posts saying they are doing it with no videos or even screenshots saying they are using [A well known program] which is the easiest possible thing to detect as it's for single player games and forcefully injects code into the game. The only screenshot showing the actual hack is from the mod and has [repair vehicle] (not talking about the one with the ESP boxes I'm talking the spawning and god mode one).

The only believable one is the 1 most popular VIP hack website that everyone knows about which is only an aimbot and esp. Not god mode or spawning items.

None of the other VIP hack sites have anything even said about the standalone yet that isn't from months ago.

It is 10% probable that people might be doing it but I've yet to see 1 shred of actual proof that I couldn't have made myself in MS paint in 2 minutes and 1/2 of the 2 hack screenshots out their is clearly from the mod.

Edited by Weedz
  • Like 1

I really do hope that the current status of the client being able to execute code on the servers will begone by release - you will have to admit that it looks pretty ridicoulos that after 1year of programming those elemental features are not finished, but you had time for player restraints etc.