piffaroni

DayZ Hacks already happening

How is this even possible? Server-client architecture with any shred of decency work like this:

Client: "Hey, can I spawn an item here?"

Server: "No. You are a client, you can never spawn an item anywhere, period."

Client: "OK."

Client: "Hey, can I dictate to you where my position is?"

Server: "No. You are a client, you may never dictate to me where your position is."

Client: "OK."

I understand ESP because the client does have that information, but spawning items and teleporting is rediculous, how is your system even allowing that?

• Like 4

UNRELEASED HACK THAT WILL ONLY BE AVAILABLE TO PEOPLE WHO PAY 50$ A MONTH WHEN IT IS RELEASED.

The only features listed on the hack that isn't out yet is an aimbot and a ESP that works only within 800M.

People are not teleporting and will not be, nor will there be god mode, or spawning in loot. If you are going to cry about hacks at least look the shit up for yourself before crying about hacks that don't even exist to the public yet or things that are not and never will be possible without physically hacking into the servers where the game is running from.

Just because its server sided doesn't mean its not vulnerable.. If I were the dev team... I'd allow the hacks to happen just so I can fix any missing hole's I don't already see.

Just because its server sided doesn't mean its not vulnerable.

Yeah if you illegally hack into the actual servers.

Also here is the entire feature list for the hack that again is not yet even released and will only be available to 50$ a month customers .... an aimbot and a radar ... that is it. Stop crying about invincible ninjas who can teleport and 1 shot buildings with an axe.

Fe@tures

• A!mbot :
  • Radar :
  • Correct!ons :
  • Protect!on :
  • KeyB!nder :
  • Prof!le System :
  • Graph!cal User Interface (GUI) :
  • Help Files:

Post a VIDEO of people doing what you are claiming not quotes from random people with 10 posts on a website that doesn't even make hacks.

Edited by Weedz

That is the only logical conclusion.  

FUNNY THING IS, IT IS LOGICAL .....SEEMS LIKE THEY DONT WANT TO FIX IT... THEY DIDNT DO ANYTHING TO STOP HACKS FOR OVER A YEAR AND HALF ON THE MOD, AND THIS HAS CARRIED OVER TO STAND ALONE

Turns out the whole client-server architecture premise was just bogus - the only thing they've changed is the range of data the client receives as demonstrated by this picture

http://cdn.dayzblog.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/daydaily-update-on-server-bublbe.jpg

but scripts are still working, there is no anti-cheat active as of yet ( not battleeye nor VAC ) and writing and reading from process memory is also working still ( as in undetectable external ESPs ) which means even if they enable VAC and battleeye - hackers will still run rampart.

FUNNY THING IS, IT IS LOGICAL .....SEEMS LIKE THEY DONT WANT TO FIX IT... THEY DIDNT DO ANYTHING TO STOP HACKS FOR OVER A YEAR AND HALF ON THE MOD, AND THIS HAS CARRIED OVER TO STAND ALONE

Get your facts straight. There's a actually a lot of work been going into the mod, it even has a rudimentary antihack built in.

Read before posting. And in your case: think before posting.

source:

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/1t5vp7/hacks_are

My god...

It's been 2 days.

Why are people such douchebags?

_already_happening/

i quote:

well...shit, but not surprising, the sooner the better i guess.

it hasnt been 2 dayz brah.... this game has been being developed , as an alpha, on arma 2 since august 2012

Edited by piffkush

Again if anyone bothers to go and read the hack website themselves you'll see that they haven't released it yet. .... and even when it is it will only be for the people with the double super gold extreme 50 $ a month Package and we'll only be an aimbot and 800m radar. Not god mode. Not blowing up anything in 1 hit. Not teleporting.

Just like the mod already people crying about hacks that don't even exist or are even possible. Most everything is server-side now and wont be hackable.

Some of stuff people are crying hacks at are well known bugs that you should know about if you are part of the testing.

God do I miss the old alpha/beta testing days where people actually tested.....

wrong. first link on google after put in Day Z standalone hacks.

VAC is not enabled yet incase it causes performance issues. When it is enabled (soon) hackers will be banned and have their CD-KEYs removed.

it hasnt been 2 dayz brah.... this game has been being developed , as an alpha, on arma 2 since august 2012

That is the mod that was developed on arma 2 "brah".

This runs on a new engine and when VAC is enabled (soon) hacks will be pretty much worthless and any that do work will keep getting patched "brah"

• Like 1

That is the mod that was developed on arma 2 "brah".

This runs on a new engine and when VAC is enabled (soon) hacks will be pretty much worthless and any that do work will keep getting patched "brah"

if it runs on a new engine, how are people hacking like crazy?

from what he article says, its a copy and paste of arma engine, so where is your proof that its a new engine...evidence shows, they copy and pasted and called it a stand alone

if it runs on a new engine, how are people hacking like crazy?

from what he article says, its a copy and paste of arma engine, so where is your proof that its a new engine...evidence shows, they copy and pasted and called it a stand alone

Please read about how I said VAC (VALVE ANTI CHEAT) IS CURRENTLY DISABLED.

Where is my proof its a new engine? Were you born that stupid or did you have do land on your head a few times first?

DayZ Standalone utilizes the Take On Helicopter engine, which is a branch of the Arma II Operation Arrowhead engine Real Virtuality.[4] The engine has been heavily modified even including code from ARMA III.

• Like 1

Where is my proof its a new engine? Were you born that stupid or did you have do land on your head a few times first?

DayZ Standalone utilizes the Take On Helicopter engine, which is a branch of the Arma II Operation Arrowhead engine Real Virtuality.[4] The engine has been heavily modified even including code from ARMA III.

Which means that anything scripted to work for anything from Arma 2 on will potentially work with the SA. It just needs adaptation.

This is really sad to find out. It was kind of hilarious though earlier tonight cause I had some dillhole that was somehow keyed up on Global or Side VON talking to his friend...who had just teleported him from Skalisty Island to Balota and he was all like "Wow man that was a really convenient teleport..someone must be hacking on this server."....yeah duh brah...it was your buddy.

My biggest complaint about the Arma 2 system has consistently been that the client should NEVER be able to dictate anything to the server and Dwarden himself slapped me down on the Arma 3 Steam forums telling me that if I had a problem with BattlEye and/or the A2/A3 system to wait for the DayZ Standalone because of the server to client architecture changes would make client side script execution impossible.

WAY TO FAIL GUYS! GG DWARDEN.

Edited by semipr0

Just because its server sided doesn't mean its not vulnerable.. If I were the dev team... I'd allow the hacks to happen just so I can fix any missing hole's I don't already see.

If you can't see what's wrong with that statement I fear for your sanity.

• Like 1

Which means that anything scripted to work for anything from Arma 2 on will potentially work with the SA. It just needs adaptation.

No it won't because this engine is heavily modified to remove the easy scripting access that the mod had. Once VAC is online anyone even trying to script/hack will be banned and have their key banned from all servers.

Why would they need a new engine, they have access to the entire source code and can change anything they wish to. The current absence of anti cheat features doesn't mean anything, beside "early alpha"

There is nothing that annoys me more than people who reduce game developperss to the rank of mere modders -_-

Edited by Lady Kyrah

No it won't because this engine is heavily modified to remove the easy scripting access that the mod had. Once VAC is online anyone even trying to script/hack will be banned and have their key banned from all servers.

The key words here are "once VAC is online".

I just spoke with Hangender on Skype, the SA is already hacked and yes quite a lot of the things that work in A2 and A3 are adaptable. If you don't know who Hangender is...then you don't know enough about this subject to tell me I'm wrong.

There is nothing that annoys me more than people who reduce game developperss to the rank of mere modders -_-

Wut.

They are coders. There is literally no difference between them.

Actually, having legitimate hackers attack a piece of software is often times the only way to efficiently find vulnerabilities in that software. It seems paradoxical but that's just how it goes. I think people who are freaking out over these hacks need to remember a few things.

1: It's just a game. Sure, a cheater can ruin your good time. But let's face it - it's just a game, and losing really doesn't mean much right now. You aren't losing sensitive information like credit card details and such. It would be much different if a hacker attacked you in Epoch, where you might have worked for literally days to accumulate materials, weapons, gold, ect.

2: It is an alpha. Meaning they will be working on these vulnerabilities and hopefully implementing anti-cheat scripts.

Arguing about which engine it is or isn't - you're just beating a dead horse. Just look at WarZ. Totally different engine, same hacker problems. Even if they rewrote the engine from scratch (which would take forever by the way and really is not a viable way to complete this project), we would still see hackers making scripts for it, and the team would still have to deal with it.

Edited by SalamanderAnder
  • Like 3

Stupid hackers.. Why ruin the game for the rest of us?

They can ruin the game for some time but this also helps devs to see what they need to change.

Actually, having legitimate hackers attack a piece of software is often times the only way to efficiently find vulnerabilities in that software. It seems paradoxical but that's just how it goes.

This.

It's a tactic some developers have used before - I know Mozilla have used it in the past, and I'm pretty sure Google did the same - they announce 'bounties' of fairly substantial amounts of cash ($5k plus I believe) to any hackers that can find and report an exploit to them.

Actually, having legitimate hackers attack a piece of software is often times the only way to efficiently find vulnerabilities in that software. It seems paradoxical but that's just how it goes.

That's certainly how mobile OS developers operate.

• Like 1