piffaroni

DayZ Hacks already happening

Allow me to explain this in a way people can understand.

People create scripts to gain unfair advantages, and ruin the fun of others.

It is inevitable for one to be created, and it is up to the developers to fix them.

Anything can be hacked, scripted, injected, altered, or decompressed. It's how fast the dev team fixes it, and removes the players that matters.

but ... but the hacking has been going on since the mod, and the dev team did nothing to stop or fix the hacks...

what are they going to do to stop the hacks now?

ArmA 2 is a game run off of sqf, its easy to hack and hard to counter. It is also open source, therefore any counter you make, can be broken down, then bypassed.

If this is its own standalone game with its own engine (as they say), then they have the raw coding of the engine itself, rather than patching the mod, they can alter the engine entirely.

The difference between the mod and the SA is the mod had modders trying to protect a game they did not design through a mess of scripts and hacks of their own that didn't directly affect the game engine. This time they have B.I. onboard and can write code into the game because they have the power to do so.

So on Day 2 the game is meant to be fixed from hackers because........
Man people whom expect these turn around times must know something the rest of us don't, we should employ these people to fix these issues they are whining about because they obviously know of ways to fix these exploits in lightening fast times because that is their whole basis for a complaint right? that it is not being fixed fast enough?

Please continue more Muppet posts on how dev's are meant to do these great feats without any time required for implementation.

On Day2 Everything should already be fixed and the hackers should be banned and blocked from hacking 

LMAO 

ArmA 2 is

This isn't ArmA 2. Bohemia was the one who touted and promoted this game as an upcoming revamp & rewrite with a MMO framework.

I just had a run in with someone who is running something that lets them respawn completely geared out.

I was sitting in a room going through my inventory when I noticed a flashlight shining on the floor below me. I took out my M4 and lined up a clear shot at the closed door thinking that if they were sweeping the building it was only a matter of time before they opened up the door. Needless to say, shortly after lining up my shot, the door opened and in walked one guy followed close behind by another. I was totally freaked out not expecting two guys. I dropped the first in the middle of the room and the second guy backed out of the room as soon as I fired my first burst. We fired a few shots back and forth and he finally went down. Both of them laying dead on the floor. As I was looting the first guy I dropped I noticed the body of the second guy disappeared... thought it was odd... but went about my business looting the remaining body. Shortly there after I hear the sound of a gun loading... the same sound it makes when you spawn in when you have a weapon equipped. I turned and there was a guy spawning right where the second body had been laying before it disappeared. I tried shooting at him as he spawned but my gun would not fire... I started to panic and moved to the corner of the room. He backed out of the room and again we exchanged gunfire and he went down. Again the body disappeared... and sure enough a few seconds later the guy respawned again in the same place, fully equipped. He ended up going down again... but this time instead of waiting I said "screw this" and logged off the server.

I wish you could see the names of people you have killed somewhere, I'd report the guy.

Edited by Kegaro

That might have been a bug, I died last night, I logged out and back on and I still had all my kit from 5 mins ago.

I just had a run in with someone who is running something that lets them respawn completely geared out.

I was sitting in a room going through my inventory when I noticed a flashlight shining on the floor below me. I took out my M4 and lined up a clear shot at the closed door thinking that if they were sweeping the building it was only a matter of time before they opened up the door. Needless to say, shortly after lining up my shot, the door opened and in walked one guy followed close behind by another. I was totally freaked out not expecting two guys. I dropped the first in the middle of the room and the second guy backed out of the room as soon as I fired my first burst. We fired a few shots back and forth and he finally went down. Both of them laying dead on the floor. As I was looting the first guy I dropped I noticed the body of the second guy disappeared... thought it was odd... but went about my business looting the remaining body. Shortly there after I hear the sound of a gun loading... the same sound it makes when you spawn in when you have a weapon equipped. I turned and there was a guy spawning right where the second body had been laying before it disappeared. I tried shooting at him as he spawned but my gun would not fire... I started to panic and moved to the corner of the room. He backed out of the room and again we exchanged gunfire and he went down. Again the body disappeared... and sure enough a few seconds later the guy respawned again in the same place, fully equipped. He ended up going down again... but this time instead of waiting I said "screw this" and logged off the server.

I wish you could see the names of people you have killed somewhere, I'd report the guy.

yeah i logged off also, couldnt stand the hacking...

but

The difference between the mod and the SA is the mod had modders trying to protect a game they did not design through a mess of scripts and hacks of their own that didn't directly affect the game engine. This time they have B.I. onboard and can write code into the game because they have the power to do so.

So on Day 2 the game is meant to be fixed from hackers because........

Man people whom expect these turn around times must know something the rest of us don't, we should employ these people to fix these issues they are whining about because they obviously know of ways to fix these exploits in lightening fast times because that is their whole basis for a complaint right? that it is not being fixed fast enough?

Please continue more Muppet posts on how dev's are meant to do these great feats without any time required for implementation.

On Day2 Everything should already be fixed and the hackers should be banned and blocked from hacking 

LMAO 

guy...this isnt day 2...

On August 7, 2012, Dean Hall announced at the game's development blog[12] that the mod was going to be made into its own game, with Bohemia Interactive as the developer,[13][14] and himself as the project leader.[15][16][17] On October 29, 2012, development of the mod officially transferred to a largely community driven effort with the release of version 1.7.3.[18]

Jesus Christ... you've been given your answers. All you've been doing is bitching about the SA ever since it came out. Give it a fucking rest.

yeah i logged off also, couldnt stand the hacking...

but

guy...this isnt day 2...

On August 7, 2012, Dean Hall announced at the game's development blog[12] that the mod was going to be made into its own game, with Bohemia Interactive as the developer,[13][14] and himself as the project leader.[15][16][17] On October 29, 2012, development of the mod officially transferred to a largely community driven effort with the release of version 1.7.3.[18]

^everyone point and laugh at the slow kid in class, he doesn't get it. Haw haw

• Like 1

You can't create an impenetrable anti-hack on an as of yet untested engine.(glares at picture of sergey titov)  

It's good they're finding exploits, just makes patching them faster.

Also, any link or video would be taken down to avoid nim rods joining that little bandwagon.

Edit : ^ you all beat me.  :(

I wish that they would go ahead and let the hackers do it and track them.  Catch them NOW and have their entire Steam account banned.

Edited by MylesMDT

Once again .... if you idiots would bother reading the thread where you are getting the screenshots of the hack from. ... you would see that it isn't even released yet. ... and that it only will have an aimbot and radar when it is actually released. Not god mode not teleporting not spawning items for yourself.

ALL of that is server side now and probably will never have hacks for it

There are NO hackers yet so stop blaming the imaginary people for you sucking at the game.

Even when it is released it won't be available to everyone because they don't want 57,000 dumbasses rage hacking getting it detected within a day or 2.

If you all have that bad of reading comprehension skills an alpha development test of a game isn't for you.

Edited by Weedz

Hidden image---please do not post links/screenshots of hacks.

Wow,

This.....................just crushed my hopes and dreams of the success of this game in tiny f*cking pieces. 

Edited by Inception.

Wow,

This.....................just crushed my hopes and dreams of the success of this game in tiny f*cking pieces. 

hesrightyouknow.jpg

In before thread moved / deleted / swept under rug

Look, damnit. You release any popular multiplayer game and hackers are going to attack the code and create scripts to cheat. It's just human nature. The only thing that can stop it is to let the hacks occur and then shut down the vulnerabilities. It's systematic. No software is cheat proof. You can look at any MMO and see that there have been hacker attacks against it. Anyone who actually expected hacking to be "impossible" is just fucking ignorant.

Edited by SalamanderAnder

The slow kids that don't understand development are funny. And not understanding what I mean by day 2 is also funny as everyone else is on the same page :)

Lets sit back and enjoy the ride as the game has a long ways to go.

the anti cheat systems are not active because they are making sure the stand alone servers can handle the load with everyone joining, they will be implementing or activating them rather later

Edited by Sickerthansars

This is a known BUG, which you would KNOW if you were registered in and paying attention to the *GASP* BUG TRACKER!!

Your post was hidden because it was linking said hacks. 

Rocket has already commented on the situation, and there have been plenty of topics about this already.

Hey, can you link where Rocket addressed it? I'd like to read it, thanks!

Hey, can you link where Rocket addressed it? I'd like to read it, thanks!

the anti cheat systems are not active because they are making sure the stand alone servers can handle the load with everyone joining, they will be implementing or activating them rather later

thats roughly what he said

thats roughly what he said

Oh, that's not too bad. If there's no anti-cheat, it's not surprising cheats are being used. Here I am thinking they were bypassing some sort of anti-cheat system. Thanks.

Again if anyone bothers to go and read the hack website themselves you'll see that they haven't released it yet. .... and even when it is it will only be for the people with the double super gold extreme 50 $ a month Package and we'll only be an aimbot and 800m radar. Not god mode. Not blowing up anything in 1 hit. Not teleporting.

Just like the mod already people crying about hacks that don't even exist or are even possible. Most everything is server-side now and wont be hackable.

Some of stuff people are crying hacks at are well known bugs that you should know about if you are part of the testing.

God do I miss the old alpha/beta testing days where people actually tested.....

Edited by Weedz

source:
http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/1t5vp7/hacks_are_already_happening/

i quote:

Turns out the whole client-server architecture premise was just bogus - the only thing they've changed is the range of data the client receives as demonstrated by this picture
http://cdn.dayzblog.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/daydaily-update-on-server-bublbe.jpg
but scripts are still working, there is no anti-cheat active as of yet ( not battleeye nor VAC ) and writing and reading from process memory is also working still ( as in undetectable external ESPs ) which means even if they enable VAC and battleeye - hackers will still run rampart.
This is due to all these vulnerabilities still being core-elements of the engine which i don't see being fixed at all - because that's how the ARMA engine works - they would have to write a whole new engine - you see that happening any time soon ?
I already saw demonstrations of people teleporting around, having unlimited ammo, ESPs, god-mode, thermal/-nightvision and more.
I feel seriously let down because this was one of the most important factors to DAYZ:SA.
Without the client-server structure to safely secure against most sorts of hacking there is little incentive to play DayZ:SA over other DayZ-mods or Breaking Point.
I'd rather have a DayZ without hackers than a DayZ with a modular-equipment system.
More proof:
http://oi43.tinypic.com/33u4cqp.jpg
http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/6774/kltv.png
http://gyazo.com/3c93b93c73c690f1385aec4be8af7d52.png
http://gyazo.com/1da1728da93e2e7873a8bdfbdbc3959e.png

well...shit, but not surprising, the sooner the better i guess.

Edited by joe_mcentire
  • Like 1

My god...

It's been 2 days.

Why are people such douchebags?