Mori (DayZ)

Servers not showing and waiting for host

merging...

wtf

every server i have tried to join it says either session lost or wait for host. every server seems full aswell. i expected the flood of players and it seems like it is a blast from the waiting for server to repond" past. no worries though. i bought the game knowing of bugs and epic failure at logging in. i mean i been with yall this long i can stay a while longer.

almost every server is 40/40 maxed out

litteraly

and the VERY few that are not are still giving a max server population connection error

is this a glitch on my system that i need to reinstall the program?

m e r g i n g

Wait For Host traditionally was a database issue.  Server could be running, but the SQL would be hosed for some reason.

Rocket said Steam authentication is the issue.  I would have thought it was a hive issue.

This issue started happening around 1:00 PM EST yesterday and today. Stuff like this starts to happen:

• WAIT FOR HOST
  • Connection Failed
  • All Servers look full
  • No servers appear on the list

Yesterday, It fixed without users having to do anything around 3:00 PM EST. 

Edited by Mori

Right, so I'm about to join my friend in a server and, as I expected it didn't work. But my question here is why does it work for him and not me? We're not doing anything different and yet he can play and I can't.

Oh and also, when I try to join I get the message "Confirmation of changes, session lost" whilst in-game for my friend it says "(my username) uses modified data file"

Yes yes, I'm well aware that it's an alpha but still, some players can play, others can not. Why?

Same happened to me, no servers in the list.

Not sure if this would help but I used to have exactly the same issue with vanilla arma 2 arrowhead and the workaround was to delete browsingLatitude and browsingLongitude from the config file and start the game again. That seemed to do the trick with arma 2, but those options are not available in dayz config file.

Right, so I'm about to join my friend in a server and, as I expected it didn't work. But my question here is why does it work for him and not me? We're not doing anything different and yet he can play and I can't.

Oh and also, when I try to join I get the message "Confirmation of changes, session lost" whilst in-game for my friend it says "(my username) uses modified data file"

Yes yes, I'm well aware that it's an alpha but still, some players can play, others can not. Why?

please use search function and read the sticky before you post!

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/forum-78/announcement-8-current-issue-servers-not-showing-and-waiting-for-host/

There was a recent update that I can confirm absolutely:  some people got prompted to update it via steam, some people didn't.

Growing pains I suppose.  Sit tight, it should all work out.  Nobody is playing at the moment right now anyhow I am hearing.  (different issue)

Almost all the servers are full and player counts have not changed at all for over an hour, every server I join either makes me wait forever on the "Wait for server" crap or the connection fails.

FIX IT MANG

I'm going to use this time to wash the dishes that way when the woman comes home she won't think I'm a lazy bum who just sits at home playing Zombie games and eating cheese burgers while she is out working.

Edited by Mori

I'm going to use this time to wash the dishes that way when the woman comes home she won't think I'm a lazy bum who just sits at home playing Zombie games and eating cheese burgers while she is out working.

And by playing zombie games I mean repeatedly pressing a refresh server button while occasionally alt-tabbing and F5'ing this thread.

• Like 1

I've experienced everything posted from time to time with no luck of getting in.  

On other thing I've experienced but I didn't see skimming over the responses is I see servers that are empty, but when I try to join it says the servers are full. When I try to join full servers it just says connecting issue or something like that.

Alright then, thanks for the quick answers.

Guess all I can do is wait :S

lol, great plan. Think I'll do the same.

mrging

Why is it, that whenever I get a new game this happens on my first attempt to play it?

Why must the video game gods be so cruel?

E: what is this post doing in this thread? You're drunk dayz forums. Or the other way around. well, just remove the damn thing

Edited by Sutinen

Servers being full? is that also steam glitch?

It seams the counters are not displayed properly. As I did make in to the game 2x. Hit P to see how many players are in the server and it would say 1 or 2, but I would see other players text saying that they used some file

Why is it, that whenever I get a new game this happens on my first attempt to play it?

Why must the video game gods be so cruel?

Should have waited for release day to buy.  THIS. IS. ALPHAAAAAAAAAA.

Steam authentication is currently experiencing an issue. Steam has confirmed it and is looking into it now. This won't affect players already in game but will affect those trying to join.

^^^ fOR anyone not willing to look back a page or five.

So that means STFU and wait, please.

Steam authentication is currently experiencing an issue. Steam has confirmed it and is looking into it now. This won't affect players already in game but will affect those trying to join.

Wait and see.  posting here won't expedite anything.

so me and my buddy got on to play some and all servers are full, there where one or two that had zero ppl yet i couldnt get on them. so whats going on?

It's issues with steam and the servers.  They are trying to fix it atm.