OrLoK

Can I Run DayZ Retail (POST HERE)

Pegi 18, i wont recommend a kid to buy this kind of game. You should look for a game more suitable for your age.

About PEGI?

What are ratings?

Age ratings are systems used to ensure that entertainment content, such as films, videos, DVDs, and computer games, are clearly labelled by age according to the content they contain. Age ratings provide guidance to consumers (particularly parents) to help them decide whether or not to buy a particular product.

Computer and video games are now enjoyed by millions of players throughout Europe. In the UK, 37 % of the population aged between 16 and 49 describe themselves as ‘active gamers’ (defined as currently playing games on a console, handheld or PC). In comparison, in Spain and Finland 28% of the population aged 16 and 49 are defined as ‘active gamers’(Nielsen report 2008). While most games (49%) are suitable for players of all ages there are many that are only suitable for older children and young teenagers. There are also some games (4%) that are made for adults only (over the age of 18).

The rating on a game confirms that it is suitable for players over a certain age. Accordingly, a PEGI 7 game is only suitable for those aged seven and above and an PEGI 18 game is only suitable for adults aged eighteen and above. The PEGI rating considers the age suitability of a game, not the level of difficulty.

PEGI is used and recognised throughout Europe and has the enthusiastic support of the European Commission. It is considered to be a model of European harmonisation in the field of the protection of children.

Edit: Yeah, it would run it well enough.

Are you fucking serious? Not at all what he asked for, so unless you're his parent/guardian, mind your own damn business.

@OP: That computer will run DayZ perfectly fine. Like a guy above mentioned, Nvidia seems to play nicer with most titles these days. I've always been an Nvidia fanboi though, so take that for what it's worth. ;3

I might go for a 500GB HDD and try to squeeze a little more money into my budget to invest in a ~200GB SSD.

also consider the headaches some people have with AMD setups for dayz and other games

my intel 6 core required a shit ton of work to get working properly with dayz and arma.

but the amd 6 core can do some great things when properly setup, be ready for a headache though.

i almost regret building 5820k x99...i always think i should have done 4790k for cheaper and higher ghz 4/8 core.

but i ended up winning the lottery on the 5820k and i got er at 4.6ghz with low vcore...

but still cost me like 400$ more than a 4790k system

actually for a tiny bit more money you could buy the i5 devils canyon and a gigabyte board and have way better gaming experience all around. and ditch the amd card for a nvidia and u would rock games for the next few years.

single core performance is said to be maxed out at about 5ghz, so gaming is going to have to go more cores.

but that being said they stil arent fully utilizing 4 cores yet, let alone hyper threading.

so the i5 4 core devils canyon highly overclock would kill for a long time.

then you could swap out in future for the 4790 when its good and cheap.

or buy an x99 and be more future proof...but thats way more $

id say price an i5 dc gigabyte gtx 770? and see the price diffy.

BUT YET, this system will play great dayz!

but i hate AMD!

Edited by deebz1234

Are you fucking serious? Not at all what he asked for...

Do you have reading problems?

...I would like to know If i could run dayz decently on maybe high or even ultra settings? ...

...Yeah, it would run it well enough.

Edited by BrainlessZombie

dont build your pc for an alpha of a game buddy, focus on a different type of game to build it around like battlefield 4, get the parts that you could run it on ultra with that way if you're playing DayZ and have bad FPS etc you will know its the game and not your specs!

This guy is probably right, except for the BF4 part :P

Sager NP8762 (Customized through XoticPC)

Laptop

Monitor resolution: 1920x1080

CPU: i7-4720HQ (2.6GHz; no interest in OC)

Graphics card: GTX 980m (OC +135mhz)

RAM: 8-16 @1600MHz

SSD? DayZ will be installed to a 7200RPM HDD. I don't know why the S/H field is relevant; if anyone can tell me why that would be appreciated.

Of course top-of-the-line mobile GPU is going to run hot, and I'm aware heat causes throttling; the laptop will have thermal paste and extra copper heatsinks, and will probably be used on a fan more often than not. I haven't opened DayZ in months; does anyone know if general performance has improved? Or are all CPU-based settings still suuuuper slow?

Sager NP8762 (Customized through XoticPC)
Laptop
Monitor resolution: 1920x1080
CPU: i7-4720HQ (2.6GHz; no interest in OC)
Graphics card: GTX 980m (OC +135mhz)
RAM: 8-16 @1600MHz
SSD? DayZ will be installed to a 7200RPM HDD. I don't know why the S/H field is relevant; if anyone can tell me why that would be appreciated.

Of course top-of-the-line mobile GPU is going to run hot, and I'm aware heat causes throttling; the laptop will have thermal paste and extra copper heatsinks, and will probably be used on a fan more often than not. I haven't opened DayZ in months; does anyone know if general performance has improved? Or are all CPU-based settings still suuuuper slow?

Will run fine on dayz on Very High. Though theres no way to go around the CPU bottleneck in the cities, so lower settings will always give you more fps in cities. "Increasing settings offloading to GPU bollocks doesn't work unfortunately"

If it throttles or not depends on the cooling of the laptop and the size. I have the GT72 wich is very thick with 980M and my gpu never gets hotter then 72C 100% usage with +135 overclock so it will never throttle down. But sagers do get quite hot compared to gt72, G751, but I don't think yours will throttle because 980m runs more efficient then the 880m.

I can't find your model, but I guess its the p650se?

As for SSD or HDD, I would say install it on ssd. The loading times are very fast for me but no FPS increase though.

What you can also do to get more fps unless the cooling allows you could overclock your cpu +200 bins with intel xtu.

Edited by smochi

As for SSD or HDD, I would say install it on ssd. The loading times are very fast for me but no FPS increase though.

What you can also do to get more fps unless the cooling allows you could overclock your cpu +200 bins with intel xtu.

But there's only 1 "Load time" on joining a server; it's not like I need to be the first person to spawn into a map and yoink the team's Tank. I don't see there being a huge benefit of dedicated a huge part of a 128gb SSD for DayZ.

And it's the Clevo p670SG. I don't know a lot about Sager vs MSI vs et cetera because I've only ever owned consumer Toshiba laptops, but I can grab this setup (980m, 16gb ram, i7-4720HQ, SSD and 1TB HDD) for ~$2000.

And if you wouldn't mind:

"+200 bins" means literally nothing to me. +200 out of what? What is this changing in the CPU's performance? How big of a change is it? How big of a change is +135mhz on my GPU? (The only thing I know about OCing is EVGA will cap at +135 to stop me from bricking my electronics and I don't dare question its judgement)

If you don't mind longer loading times, then theres no point installing DayZ on a ssd.

What I meant with bins is the turbo boost multiplier of your cpu. If the motherboard allows it and cooling"I think it will do" You could get extra 200mhz out of your cpu and that will for sure add extra fps in  cities. Tested and I get 4/3FPS more but its better then nothing :P

I took this from a review from a GT72 dominator with 980m and the speed boost from +135 gpu oc is quite nice :P

http://i.imgur.com/NltgAp9.gifI can't guarantee the OC will be stable. My previous unit of GT72 I returned could only do 88mhz.

Edited by smochi

Desktop or laptop? laptop

Monitor resolution: 1366 x 768

CPU: intel core 2 duo P8600 @2.40 Ghz

Graphics card: ATI Radeon HD 4650

RAM: 4GB

SSD? I think no.

I play without problem dayz overwatch with low settings.

May I run the SA?

Desktop or labtop? Laptop

Monitor Resolution: 1920x1080

CPU: Intel Core i7-2630QM @ 2.00GHz

Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GT 555m / 1GB GDDR5

RAM:8GB (4GB*2)

HDD

Hey guys how do i get the most out of this system? Can it run it fine?

Have this Pc ordered from amazon will it run days ok? Thanks in advance

Desktop or laptop? Desktop

Monitor resolution: Samsung LCD Tv 720p
CPU: AMD FX-6350 Six Core 4.20GHz
Graphics card: NVIDIA GTX660 2GB HDMI
RAM:* 8GB DDR3 Memory
SSD? (Yes/No) No - but i am wanting to add one soon, is it worth getting a small one just for the OS and some games?

Monitor resolution: 1080x920 (Samsung H7150 LED TV 65")

CPU: i5 2500k

Graphics card: GTX 660 TI

RAM:* 8 GB DDR3

SSD? (Yes/No) Yes

I have more such as a 1000w Seagate power supply and etc. If you need more information please let me know.

Edited by SuperFastYo

Hello im a new user who is looking to buy a new pc to play DayZ standalone. So I want to know if I can play it on this pc setup

http://www.dell.com/uk/p/alienware-x51-r2/pd?oc=d00ar230&model_id=alienware-x51-r2

I need to know if it will run on atleast 40 - 60 fps on any settings

Thanks for your help

-Wutyoutalkinboutbitch

Desktop or laptop? laptop
Monitor resolution: 1366 x 768
CPU: intel core 2 duo P8600 @2.40 Ghz
Graphics card: ATI Radeon HD 4650
RAM: 4GB
SSD? I think no.

I play without problem dayz overwatch with low settings.
May I run the SA?

Maybe. Just about. If you're lucky.

Would not recommend purchasing with the intention of playing on that machine, sorry!

Desktop or labtop? Laptop

Monitor Resolution: 1920x1080

CPU: Intel Core i7-2630QM @ 2.00GHz

Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GT 555m / 1GB GDDR5

RAM:8GB (4GB*2)

HDD

Hey guys how do i get the most out of this system? Can it run it fine?

Specs are pretty low, but it would just about run with a bit of tweaking. I wouldn't expect great performance though.

Have this Pc ordered from amazon will it run days ok? Thanks in advance

Monitor resolution: Samsung LCD Tv 720p
CPU: AMD FX-6350 Six Core 4.20GHz
Graphics card: NVIDIA GTX660 2GB HDMI
RAM:* 8GB DDR3 Memory
SSD? (Yes/No) No - but i am wanting to add one soon, is it worth getting a small one just for the OS and some games?

Yeah, DayZ will run alright on there. It's definitely worth getting an SSD for your OS and games like Arma and DayZ IMO.

Monitor resolution: 1080x920 (Samsung H7150 LED TV 65")
CPU: i5 2500k
Graphics card: GTX 660 TI
RAM:* 8 GB DDR3
SSD? (Yes/No) Yes

I have more such as a 1000w Seagate power supply and etc. If you need more information please let me know.

Yup, you'll run DayZ on there without too much trouble.

Hello im a new user who is looking to buy a new pc to play DayZ standalone. So I want to know if I can play it on this pc setup

http://www.dell.com/uk/p/alienware-x51-r2/pd?oc=d00ar230&model_id=alienware-x51-r2

I need to know if it will run on atleast 40 - 60 fps on any settings

Thanks for your help

-Wutyoutalkinboutbitch

No, definitely not.

You could build your own system with the same budget that would run DayZ though. Alienware is overpriced junk.

Edited by Mos1ey
  • Like 1

You could build your own system with the same budget that would run DayZ though. Alienware is overpriced junk.

This.

I built my own desktop 5 years ago for $1600, which was better than AW's top machine. With minimal upkeep/upgrades it runs great.  And it was seriously easy.  newegg, tigerdirect, and all the components tell you how to install.  It's like Lego's essentially.  I only comment because Down with overpriced bs.  It is ridiculous.

Hey, My birth day is coming up and im starting to get into pc gaming. My favorite game is DAY Z but the problem is i have a laptop which doesnt bind well with day z. I have a AMD Raedon HD 8610G and my processer speed is 2.10 GHZ and i have 6 gb of ram. This computer is not working out for pc gaming. So luckly my B DAY is coming up so i was wondering if anyone could help me with maybe a computer under 500 dollars in the us that would be appreciated. this is what im looking at now plz tell me how good this device down below will run day z THANKS! http://www.bestbuy.com/site/cybertronpc-assault-a46-desktop-amd-a4-series-4gb-memory-500gb-hard-drive/9476171.p;jsessionid=A2445F273302BAC7C872668EEF885B54.bbolsp-app03-151?skuId=9476171&id=1219418158123 Btw im kinda new to computers im in the process of learning about graphics cards and processors and so on. So if u can try to keep it kinda simple thanks.

Edited by ToastyCircle

No please don't buy that PC :X Its terrible.

Make a post on reddit and people will help you squeeze the most out of your budget.

http://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/

http://www.reddit.com/r/buildapcforme/

You would need to build the PC yourself but it will be infinitely more powerful

Will i actually have to like build it like legit with my hands or have someone do it for me. sorry i am just getting in to all this XD

Will i actually have to like build it like legit with my hands or have someone do it for me. sorry i am just getting in to all this XD

You would need to build it with your hands xD

Its really easy though, everything just slides/screws into place. It would probably take you and hour or 2 to build.

You would need to build it with your hands xD

Its really easy though, everything just slides/screws into place. It would probably take you and hour or 2 to build.

oh jeez that scares me a little i am 13 years of age lol. But my dad could probably help me he knows a lot about computers. I have one more question tho when i am building what about all the wiring is tht hard at all.

HEY man, send me a PM and I will be more than happy to help you piece together a computer, I can give you a crash course on the things you NEED to know to build a decent rig.

No please don't buy that PC :X Its terrible.

Make a post on reddit and people will help you squeeze the most out of your budget.

http://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/

http://www.reddit.com/r/buildapcforme/

You would need to build the PC yourself but it will be infinitely more powerful.

I posted it btw http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/2upauz/help_me_build_a_computer/