OrLoK

Can I Run DayZ Retail (POST HERE)

I'm just starting out with PC gaming and don't have the best computer. 

Processor and memory Processor Intel Celeron 1007U

RAM capacity4.00GB

Memory typeDDR3L

Screen size 11.6in

Resolution screen horizontal1,366

Resolution screen vertical768

Resolution1366 x 768

Graphics chipset Intel HD Graphics

HDMI outputs1

Capacity 500GB Spindle speed 5,400RPM

I know very little about computers so does anybody have an suggestions on what settings I should use to get the best results? Thanks

Edited by ProudGayDad

I think everybody here needs to realize that even on my computer, which has an Intel i7-4770k cpu and a GTX 780 Ti Classified gpu...

...this game still runs like Fat Albert after a Aunt Jemima pancake binge. 

This game is in the Alpha stages. Performance is not a priority here. They're still focused on other aspects of the game at this point. It will get better, but right now...don't buy computer based on whether or not you can run this game. It runs like ass for most people regardless. 

Desktop or laptop? Desktop

Monitor resolution: 1920x1080

CPU:  AMD FX-4300 4x 3800 MHz

Graphics card: GeForce GTX 650 2048 MB

RAM:*1000GB SATA, 8GB DDR3 RAM

Any idea if this would be able to run Dayz at a playable FPS? Going to buy this on Amazon since its very cheap. I just want this to play the odd game very low settings if fine with me.

Thanks in advance for the help people
Edited by Th3Duggan

Just a quick question, will my computer work with this game. I want to make sure my computer can run the game successfully before I purchase it. Since I'm not a computer-wiz, I just thought I'd ask.

Specs: http://www.toshiba.com/us/computers/laptops/satellite/S850/S855-S5170

Note: Since I am not having "trouble", I thought this would be the better place to post this over Troubleshooting.

Thank you in advance.

Can i run dayz on:

CPU: i5-4460

RAM: 4GB ram

GPU: gtx750ti

PSU: corsair430VS

thx for answers :)

Bit of a noob at knowing specs etc, will my laptop work?

Laptop

WIndows 7 64-bit

Intel Pentium CPU B960 2.20GHz

6GB RAM

Intel HD Graphics

Just a quick question, will my computer work with this game. I want to make sure my computer can run the game successfully before I purchase it. Since I'm not a computer-wiz, I just thought I'd ask.

Specs: http://www.toshiba.com/us/computers/laptops/satellite/S850/S855-S5170

Note: Since I am not having "trouble", I thought this would be the better place to post this over Troubleshooting.

Thank you in advance.

Yes

Laptop

WIndows 7 64-bit

6GB RAM

Intel HD Graphics

Yes

Can i run dayz on:

CPU: i5-4460

RAM: 4GB ram

GPU: gtx750ti

PSU: corsair430VS

thx for answers :)

Yes

Laptop

WIndows 7 64-bit

6GB RAM

Intel HD Graphics

Yes

Hello there, Ive been playing the Arma 2: day z mod for a while now and i've been playing it on High settings with any issues but will I still be able to play the SA version without lag? My laptop is A Dell Inspiron 5547.

4th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-4510U processor (4M Cache, up to 3.1 GHz)

8GB Dual Channel DDR3L 1600MHz (4GBx2)

AMD Radeon™ HD R7 M265 2GB DDR3. These are my specs. Thanks guys

No-one can play SA without lag.

As much as the mod redefined gaming.... The standalone is redefining the term alpha ! 

Still worth a try though if you like the mod. Standalone will/should/please-God-let-it get better. 

Hi I'm virtually clueless when it comes to pc's as I've never been a gamer but I would like to try DayZ etc. I'm thinking about purchasing a PC, so could anyone tell me if this would be able to handle DayZ http://www.ebay.ie/itm/ULTRA-FAST-4-0GHz-QUADCORE-AMD-2GB-R7-Gfx-Gaming-PC-Desktop-Computer-8GB-1TB-FPC-/131008252619?pt=UK_Computing_DesktopPCs&hash=item1e80b34acb

Sorry for being so clueless :) Thanks in advance.

I genuinelly don't know much about PC's and which can run DayZ, I'm looking to buy a new one because I don't know how to build them (although I heard it was not too difficult I still wouldn't want to take the chance in case I mess up). Can someone please tell me if this one would be able to run DayZ standalone and Arma 2 etc? http://www.custompc.ie/amd-a8-6600k-quad-core-39ghz-black-edition-gaming-desktop-pc-112045-p.asp if not can you please find the cheapest possible one on this website for me that would work http://www.custompc.ie/ ... Please someone help me with their educated guess as I'm not educated on PC's in the slightest and need all the help I can get.

I'd greatly appreciate any help from someone with any bit of knowledge on this subject.

always check the announcement/information section of this forum first, there you will find the minimum spects to run DayZ at normal mode, but even on a high end  pc (like mine) you will only hit around 30 fps inside towns if you are lucky, 60 in forests, you will find it here 

always check the announcement/information section of this forum first, there you will find the minimum spects to run DayZ at normal mode, but even on a high end  pc (like mine) you will only hit around 30 fps inside towns if you are lucky, 60 in forests, you will find it here 

Thanks for the response but like I said I haven't a clue about PC's so I don't know how good certain spects are. If the one I linked in my original post is good enough to run the game then I would probably get it or if anyone could send me a link to a PC that is good enoughand reasonably cheap then that would be great. I just don't understand the spects and which spects are good enough etc. I know I sound really dumb but I genuinelly haven't any idea about this sort of a thing.

Thanks for the response but like I said I haven't a clue about PC's so I don't know how good certain spects are. If the one I linked in my original post is good enough to run the game then I would probably get it or if anyone could send me a link to a PC that is good enoughand reasonably cheap then that would be great. I just don't understand the spects and which spects are good enough etc. I know I sound really dumb but I genuinelly haven't any idea about this sort of a thing.

well that pc should run Dayz, but you will have to lower a few of the standard settings, my former video card was a generation lower than the ATI RADEON 8570D   and 4gb of ram is standard for every game, not much games even use that much. The only thing that is buggying about that pc is the cpu. It is to weak to run any game based on the arma engine properly,  the VR and Enfusion engine are very cpu intensive and you need at least an Intel i5 to get a decent frame rate, i7 and i5 are the same in gaming performance i7 is only good if you also do lots of software editing (after effects and other render stuff).

So everything in that pc is good escept for the cpu.

Here is the benchmark chart I compared it with http://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=AMD+A8-6600K+APU the top chart is the performance chart.

So if you could select a custom cpu to put in there I would recommend anything that comes close to the i5 benchmark.

Desktop or laptop? Laptop

Monitor resolution: 1366 x 768

CPU: Intel Core i7 - 3630QM, 2.4 GHz.

Graphics card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 660M - 2GB

RAM:* 16GB

SSD? (Yes/No) Yes, 128GB SSD + 750GB

Moved over to my Gfs house. My computer will be coming in around 2 weeks. Is there anyway that I could get this thing to run Dayz decently?

DxDiag.txt

I think so, yes. At least I know I've played the mod with a laptop that had very similar specs.

I'm not sure about the "decently" part, but you should be able to run it.