OrLoK

Can I Run DayZ Retail (POST HERE)

Windows 7 Ultimate 

Intel® Core2 Duo CPU E7400 @ 2.80GHz

RAM: 6.00 GB

64-Bit

Radeon HD 7770 1GB

There is a  thread for this type of question but I will save you a little trouble and answer here.

Will it run? Probably not well. DayZ in my experience is very CPU dependent and it's not optimized much if at all.

My old Core 2 Quad (Q6600 Overclocked @ 3.2Ghz) did not run it very well and that's with a higher clock than your Duo and two more processing cores. DayZ doesn't make use of multi-core processors very well beyond 2 cores in my experience. I built a Pentium G3258 on a Z97 motherboard, water cooled it and overclocked it to 4.4Ghz and now DayZ is silky smooth. That's with only 2 cores and no hyper-threading on a "Pentium" chip. The clock speed of those two cores, however, made all the difference in performance.

It might be time for a CPU/Mobo/Ram upgrade for you, unfortunately.

Your results may vary, but don't expect much from an old Core 2 Duo.

AMD FX 6350 Six-core 3.9GHz

8 gig hyper fury 1866MHz

Radeon r7 250

Which R7 250? The 1gb GDDR5 version or the 2GB DDR3 version? Both will be able to play DayZ however they have varying strengths and weaknesses. Also the chipset is super important a well.

go to google type in "can you run it" first page click on it.  scroll down in game list click Dayz let it run for a second. Boom! wala! it will tell you if you can play it or not :D

Sorry, but that's entirely too sensible an idea for this forum.

Please leave the Internet now.

Hey this is my first post on the forum after 200 hours in game of dayz  and i dont know if i am doing somthing wrong but i am running possibly the lowest settings of the game my specs of the desktop are

Gigabyte SKT-AM3 78LMT-USB3 Motherboard     AMD FX6300 Black Edition 6 Core (3.5/4.1GHz, 8MB Level 3 Cache, 6MB Level 2 Cache, Socket AM3+, 95W, Retail Boxed)    Corsair Builder Series CXM 500W Modular 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX/EPS PSU      Patriot Viper 3 Black Mamba 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 Dual Kit                MSI R9 270 GAMING 2048 MB GDDR5               BenQ RL2455HM 24-inch 1080p Monitor

Edited by dingoibmw

Basically I'm about to build a new computer and want to know what FPS i would get on Minimum and then on Maximum settings:

Desktop or laptop: Desktop 
Monitor resolution: Maybe 1920 x 1080, but 1280 x 720 if needed.
CPU: Intel i5-4670k 3.4GHz
Graphics card: GTX 760 Direct CU 2GB
RAM: 8GB Kingston 1600 MHz
SSD: Not at this moment in time

Thanks again

Basically I'm about to build a new computer and want to know what FPS i would get on Minimum and then on Maximum settings:

Desktop or laptop: Desktop 
Monitor resolution: Maybe 1920 x 1080, but 1280 x 720 if needed.
CPU: Intel i5-4670k 3.4GHz
Graphics card: GTX 760 Direct CU 2GB
RAM: 8GB Kingston 1600 MHz
SSD: Not at this moment in time

Thanks again

Will run it as good as anything out there

Hey this is my first post on the forum after 200 hours in game of dayz  and i dont know if i am doing somthing wrong but i am running possibly the lowest settings of the game my specs of the desktop are

Gigabyte SKT-AM3 78LMT-USB3 Motherboard     AMD FX6300 Black Edition 6 Core (3.5/4.1GHz, 8MB Level 3 Cache, 6MB Level 2 Cache, Socket AM3+, 95W, Retail Boxed)    Corsair Builder Series CXM 500W Modular 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX/EPS PSU      Patriot Viper 3 Black Mamba 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 Dual Kit                MSI R9 270 GAMING 2048 MB GDDR5               BenQ RL2455HM 24-inch 1080p Monitor

32 bit or 64 bit os?

MSI 760GM-P34 AMD 760G SB710 Chipset.

Radeon R7 250 Video Card - 2GB DDR3

Will play on low-medium setting combination

Thanks for that, and that is in 1920x1080?

Yep. Bare in mind its not super optimized. Look at my sig, it runs like crap on that gear too

Yep. Bare in mind its not super optimized. Look at my sig, it runs like crap on that gear too

what do you mean by crap what your frames like in cities in towns and in the open?? i ask because thats pretty good gear and i am running a i74790k oc 5.0 ghz a titan black oc and running on my custom water loop on a asus z97 with 16 gig of kingston 2400mhz ram and i get 50's to 60's in cites 80's in towns and anywhere from 100 to 170 in open areas with 280+ if i look at the ground or sky. Id class that as pretty crap for performance to dollar value but id like to compare what your getting/considering crap...

what do you mean by crap what your frames like in cities in towns and in the open?? i ask because thats pretty good gear and i am running a i74790k oc 5.0 ghz a titan black oc and running on my custom water loop on a asus z97 with 16 gig of kingston 2400mhz ram and i get 50's to 60's in cites 80's in towns and anywhere from 100 to 170 in open areas with 280+ if i look at the ground or sky. Id class that as pretty crap for performance to dollar value but id like to compare what your getting/considering crap...

It varies, I have similar frames to what you are describing but for the equipment i am/we are running I should be able to get that whilst running prime 95 in three separate instances. My gear isn't oc'd as well. I don't like OCing as i live in a smaller region and if i nuke anything i have to wait 5 days to get replacements.

• Like 1

It varies, I have similar frames to what you are describing but for the equipment i am/we are running I should be able to get that whilst running prime 95 in three separate instances. My gear isn't oc'd as well. I don't like OCing as i live in a smaller region and if i nuke anything i have to wait 5 days to get replacements.

Yeah ok so we both waiting on the optimization stage ( i was actually happy to hear about a PS4 port as that hopefully means some pretty rigid optimization.)

• Like 1

Yeah ok so we both waiting on the optimization stage ( i was actually happy to hear about a PS4 port as that hopefully means some pretty rigid optimization.)

Agreed, at least some multithreading, i want to alt tab and see all 12 threads jacked lol.

its windows 7 64 bit

Your specs are certainly sufficient to run this game. Check your temps etc. Maybe your heat-sink isnt seated properly and its throttling down your CPU. Perhaps you have some malware that is chewing up your cycles. Also confirm you have the latest drives for everything int he box

Your specs are certainly sufficient to run this game. Check your temps etc. Maybe your heat-sink isnt seated properly and its throttling down your CPU. Perhaps you have some malware that is chewing up your cycles. Also confirm you have the latest drives for everything int he box

hey thnx for helping i thaught the same that the specks should be enough  i hawe checked the updates running atm on amd catalyst 14.20-140522a it says the latest so i dont know how to check the other updates and no my pc should be clean running eset nod 32 and all the temps (tempetures ?) are all good also using speed fan shows all  good if i set the game to medium its fairly bad to play its playable but not in towns where i get 20 fps after turning all almost down i get in town 30 +-

hey thnx for helping i thaught the same that the specks should be enough  i hawe checked the updates running atm on amd catalyst 14.20-140522a it says the latest so i dont know how to check the other updates and no my pc should be clean running eset nod 32 and all the temps (tempetures ?) are all good also using speed fan shows all  good if i set the game to medium its fairly bad to play its playable but not in towns where i get 20 fps after turning all almost down i get in town 30 +-

If you havent done so, turn off post processing, put AA on the lowest setting and take object detail down to the lowest. Turn shadows  down to a lower setting .You should be able to jack up the rest with little impact. Make sure to pick a low ping server as well. 

i have a i5 4960 hd 46000 graphics will i be able to play , wrong graphics in the title lol .

i will be getting a gtx but will intel graphics allow me to play

Edited by friendlypilot

i have a i5 4960 hd 46000 graphics will i be able to play , wrong graphics in the title lol .

i will be getting a gtx but will intel graphics allow me to play

This guy seems to do alright, and he has post processing turned on which one should never do

• Like 1

This guy seems to do alright, and he has post processing turned on which one should never do

thanks alot brought the game

*edit I Can say it works a charm on normal graphics

now i just get a graphics card

what i can say to dev team is make sure default resolution is higher than what is put it was all fuzzy , untill i upped it to 1080p (ish) lucky i knew what i was doing kinda for someone else , maybe think game does not work ,

had to change the resolution from something like 200X300 it was blurred to high heaven lol

Edited by friendlypilot
  • Like 1

Hi, i would know if my pc is good enough to run Dayz:

Desktop or laptop?  Desktop
Monitor resolution:1440x900
CPU:Intel® Core i5 CPU     650  @ 3.20GHz 3.20 GHZ
Graphics card:ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series
RAM:* 4 GB
SSD? (Yes/No) No