OrLoK

Can I Run DayZ Retail (POST HERE)

Desktop

i3 4130 dual core at 3.4 ghz

1920x1080

8 gigs of ram

gtx 660ti

no ssd

You'll run the game alright on medium settings on that machine. If overclocking your CPU is a possibility that would undoubtedly help things.

• Like 1

So what settings do u think it will run on

Mostly "very high" if you drop a couple of the more intensive settings like ambient occlusion and post-processing and tweak a couple of config values.

If this isn't a system that you've already purchased I'd recommend a GTX 780 over 2 x 770s though.

You'll run the game alright on medium settings on that machine. If overclocking your CPU is a possibility that would undoubtedly help things.

Sweet, but sadly I can not overclock this.  Do you think I would stay above 20 fps in the towns? 

Sweet, but sadly I can not overclock this.  Do you think I would stay above 20 fps in the towns? 

Should do, yeah. It's tough to say for sure because I don't actually know anyone that runs DayZ on an i3, but that's a pretty new CPU so I would have thought the single-core performance would be decent, and that's what's important for RV engine games.

Edited by Mos1ey
  • Like 1

Should do, yeah. It's tough to say for sure because I don't actually know anyone that runs DayZ on an i3, but that's a pretty new CPU so I would have thought the single-core performance would be decent, and that's what's important for RV engine games.

i've got a i3-2348M and the game runs fine

• Like 1

How well can I run Dayz Standalone?

Desktop

Monitor resolution:1280x1024

CPU: Intel core quad CPU Q6600 @2.4 ghz

Graphics card: Nvidia GeForce 8800 GTX

RAM:8 GB

SSD? Idk...

Windows 7 Ultimate

Edited by Herro_imyerrow

So im thinking about getting this game, but didnt want to make the purchase and then not be able to run.

AMD A8-5550M APU w/ Radeon HD Graphics 2.10 GHz

RAM: 4.00 GB 3.19 usable

64 bit operating system

Thanks for the replies and help in advance

Even if i can run it on really low graphics setting but still get decent FPS I would be happy. 

So im thinking about getting this game, but didnt want to make the purchase and then not be able to run.

AMD A8-5550M APU w/ Radeon HD Graphics 2.10 GHz

RAM: 4.00 GB 3.19 usable

64 bit operating system

Thanks for the replies and help in advance

The CPU is weak, you may be able to run the game but only just.

Best wait for someone else to comment.

Hey guys, this summer, I'm getting a new computer, and I'd like to know how well I'll be able to run DayZ (What would the FPS be, what would the optimal settings be)

Here's what I'm getting:
http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Charles.JWoods/saved/463N

Thanks,

Nomad

You'll be good.

I have a similar setup, albeit a bit older (i5 2500k and EVGA 670 4GB) and I run DayZ fine on mostly high settings at 1920x1080. 40 fps is my average I'd say.

As long as you have the proper settings you can even run the game decent on mid-range machines that are 2-3 years old.

Edited by weedmasta

As long as you have the proper settings you can even run the game decent on mid-range machines that are 2-3 years old.

Ya, but with really annoying FP fluctuations

Make sure you buy a heatsink to go with that furnace.

Would I really need one? Can you suggest a non-expensive good one?

Would I really need one? Can you suggest a non-expensive good one?

A lot of people like the cooler master hyper 212 evo. It goes for $35 on newegg. If you stick with the stock heat sink you could find yourself running at extremely high temps, and you wont be able to overclock at all. I assume thats why you're going with the 4670k and not the 4670.

If you want to save a little money, and you dont plan on overclocking, get the non-"k" version of the 4670, it's about $20 cheaper.

Overclocking is a risky business when you don't know what you are doing. I suggest you get some expert advice instead of asking around on the forums about it.

You'll definitely hit that "DayZ cap" as I like to refer to. It seems that as long as you have a GTX 580/670 with an i5-2500k or better, you'll get the same FPS as people who have a better rig than you. I just upgraded to a pair of GTX 780 Ti CLASSIFIED video cards, and I'm not seeing any better frames from the GTX 580 I upgraded from.

EDIT: However, in Battlefield 4... OMG. xD

Edited by Grimey Rick

You'll definitely hit that "DayZ cap" as I like to refer to. It seems that as long as you have a GTX 580/670 with an i5-2500k or better, you'll get the same FPS as people who have a better rig than you. I just upgraded to a pair of GTX 780 Ti CLASSIFIED video cards, and I'm not seeing any better frames from the GTX 580 I upgraded from.

EDIT: However, in Battlefield 4... OMG. xD

Well, that's because DayZ doesn't support SLI unless you ticker around with it alot to accept the dual cards but even at that it hardly helps. xD

Well, that's because DayZ doesn't support SLI unless you ticker around with it alot to accept the dual cards but even at that it hardly helps. xD

Yeah, even with one card running it doesn't give me better frames than a single 580 did. Ah well, back to BF4!

Buy Z87 motherboard if you take K-CPU. Otherwise you pay extra for unlocked CPU but have a chipset that won't allow overclocking.