OrLoK

Can I Run DayZ Retail (POST HERE)

Dansco you'll be able to run for sure, That's a dual core right? don't expect anything amazing. then engine weighs hard on your CPU. I have a 2.5Ghz dual and get around 30-35FPS MAX with a better GPU for comparison.

If you an arma player use to occasional stutters and can live with playing below 50 fps you'll be fine. if you accustoms to glassy smooth typical FPS that runs at 60+ you may be unhappy with performance.

Dansco you'll be able to run for sure, That's a dual core right? don't expect anything amazing. then engine weighs hard on your CPU. I have a 2.5Ghz dual and get around 30-35FPS MAX with a better GPU for comparison.

If you an arma player use to occasional stutters and can live with playing below 50 fps you'll be fine. if you accustoms to glassy smooth typical FPS that runs at 60+ you may be unhappy with performance.

Thanks for the info :-)

And yes, it is a dual core

Would Dayz work on this computer?

TOSHIBA

intel® Core

i3-3120M CPU @

2.50GHz 2.50GHz

4.00 (3.88 GB usable)

64-bit Operating

System, x64-based

processor

Satellite C55-A

Thought about going onto steam or even the dayz website and reading the minimum specs? google is your friend buddy

TOSHIBA

intel® Core

i3-3120M CPU @

2.50GHz 2.50GHz

4.00 (3.88 GB usable)

64-bit Operating

System, x64-based

processor

Satellite C55-A

moving

Laptop
Monitor resolution: 1920x1080
CPU: i7-4800MQ
Graphics card: Nvidia 880M (as far as I know, this is far above the recommended)
RAM: 12
SSD? NEVER!

I'd like to play on at least medium settings. I don't mind having to turn down/off shadows/clouds or playing without AA/etc. I'd additionally like to play ArmA 3-with constant explosions and 50 AI vs 50 AI battles being the norm for me.

It should run Dayz well 

Desktop or laptop? Laptop
Monitor resolution: 1366 x 768
CPU: i5-460m
Graphics card: ATI HD 5650
RAM:* 4gb only 3.68 is actually useable
SSD? No

Thanks,
~Nexus

You should be able to run it but expect frequent fps drops in cities 

Intel Core i3-3240 CPU @ 3.40 3.40GHZ
Desktop
Monitor resolution: 1920x1080 - but I could run the game at 1280x768 or something close to that.
CPU: INtel Core i33240 CPU ~ 3.40GHZ(4 CPU's), ~3.4GHZ
Graphics card: NOt sure how to check my graphics, You Have: Intel® HD Graphics, Features: Minimum attributes of your Video Card
Required You Have
Icon Pixel Shader version 3.0 5.0
Icon Vertex Shader version 3.0 5.0
Icon Dedicated Video RAM 512 MB 1.1 GB
RAM: 4G 3.6 Usable.
SSD? (Yes/No) Not sure, probs not.

May be playable at very low resolution, like the mentioned 1280x768 or similar 

I'm confident my laptop should be able to run it, but I would like to know what settings I could play on with decent fps (30 - 50 fps)

Laptop
Monitor: 17.3 inch (1920 x 1080)
CPU: i7-4700MQ (Up to 3.4GHz w/ Turbo Boost)
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M with 4GB GDDR5
Hard Drive: 500GB (8GB Hybrid, 5400 RPM, 64MB Cache) SATA 6Gb/s w/NCQ NVIDIA [NO SSD]
RAM: 16GB Dual Channel DDR3L at 1600MHz

I'm assuming you are using a Dell Inspiron 15R? Same specs as my old one haha.

I played the mod a lot and on lowest settings possible, besides resolution, I kept that at 100% (1366x768).

It was only just playable, i'd drop to 15fps in cherno/electro and it would sporadically go down to ~8fps. 

But outside of the towns I could get up to 29fps but usually it sat a bit lower.. Maybe 25fps?

So really it's not going to be a great experience, but you should be able to get atleast some enjoyment out of it, I managed to.

Although towards the end of my laptops life it got worse and it would just overheat constantly because it just wasn't designed to play such intensive games.

Should run well but you would greatly benefit from an SSD drive ( 128Gb or bigger recommended )

• Desktop
  • Operating system - Windows 8.1 64
  • Processor - AMD Quad-Core A4-5000 APU with Radeon HD 8330 Graphics (1.5 GHz, 2 MB cache)
  • Memory - 4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 (1 x 4 GB)
  • Hard drive - 500 GB 7200 rpm SATA
  • Graphics card - AMD Radeon HD 8330 Graphics
  • Optical drive - SuperMulti DVD burner
Could I run Day z stand alone under optimal settings on this system? I would like to know before I buy it. Or would this one be better?

Desktop
Operating system - Windows 8.1 64
Processor - AMD A6-5200 quad-core processor [2.0GHz, 2MB L2 Shared Cache]
Memory - 6GB DDR3-1600 MHz [2 DIMM ]
Hard drive - 1TB 7200 RPM SATA Hard Drive
Graphics card - AMD A6-5200 Radeon HD8400 [VGA, DVI-D]
Optical drive - SuperMulti DVD Burner

I'm afraid the above specs doesn't look very promising especially the CPU part...I don't believe you could run it but I can't be 100 % sure

Hi,

Looking to get the game but not sure if my rig will run it well enough!

Desktop
Operating system - Windows 7 pro
Processor - 3.0GHz Intel Core i3 540
Memory - 8GB DDR3-1333 MHz
Hard drive - 1TB 7200 RPM SATA Hard Drive
Graphics card - Geforce GTS 450 (Fermi) 1GB 128-Bit GDDR5
Optical drive - SuperMulti DVD Burner

Thanks!

The GTS 450 is very, very weak card but you may run it at low resolution of ~ 1280x768 or similar 

TOSHIBA

intel® Core

i3-3120M CPU @

2.50GHz 2.50GHz

4.00 (3.88 GB usable)

64-bit Operating

System, x64-based

processor

Satellite C55-A

Couldn't find what GPU the laptop runs but assuming its intel HD 4xxx it may run on very low ( resolution )

• Like 1

-snip commenting on 4 questions at once-

OMG you're a god among men. I'm always complaining about how no one ever gives any damned answers around here but you... you just sweeped the floor. :)

Do you have any idea what I can expect FPS-wise at max and at medium settings? Or is that asking too much? I'm buying from XoticPC with copper heat sinks and I'll have it on a cooling fan most of the time so over heating probably won't be a problem.

Edited by Applejaxc

Desktop: Vista 32-bit Operating System

Monitor resolution: 1280×1024

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4800+ (2.5 GHz)

Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce 6150 LE (128MB)

RAM: 4.00GB DDR2

SSD? No

The only thing I need left to run DayZ is a 512mb Graphic card. So now one of my major question is: Does it really have to be a Geforce 8800GT card or higher? Can any 512mb Graphics card do the job as the Geforce 8800GT card?

Edited by ProjectSINQ

XoticPC custom build: tl;dr is in BOLD

MSI GT70 DominatorPro-890

Free shipping and game

17.3" 16:9 1920x1080 LED Anti-Glare Screen w/ 72% NTSC Color Gamut (1920x1080) Extra money for anti-glare screen. Worth it? (I think so). I don't know enough about computers to know if 72% is a big difference between 90% NTSC color gamut (offered by matte/glossy displays which I HATE)
XOTIC PC Professional Monitor Color Calibration. Everything I've seen/read suggests color calibration is worth it.
i7-4800MQ (2.7GHz - 3.7GHz, 6MB Intel® Smart Cache)
IC Diamond Thermal Compound - CPU + GPU + Copper cooling upgrade (in addition to a fan, I want this PC as cold as I can get it!)
GTX 880M (8.0GB) GDDR5 (w/Optimus)
12GB DDR3 1600MHz  (1x4GB + 1x8GB RAM)
1TB 7200RPM (SATA III - 6GB/s) (I DO NOT WANT AN SSD! IF YOU TELL ME TO GET AN SSD I WILL CUT YOU)
8x Super Multi DVDRW/CDRW Combo Drive (the cheapest option; I don't watch bluray films. This will literally only be used 1 time, and that's for Oblivion GOTY)
Intel® Dual Band Ultimate-N 6300 - 802.11A/B/G/N Wireless (A 3x3 that supports up to 450mb/s. Can't pass that up!)
Sound Blaster Compatible 3D Audio (not sure how all the external sound card stuff works, so I went with the cheapest option-the default one)
Windows 8.1
24-hour "Stress testing" by Xotic "Professionals"

Do you have any idea what I can expect FPS-wise at max and at medium settings? Or is that asking too much? I'm buying from XoticPC with copper heat sinks and I'll have it on a cooling fan most of the time so over heating probably won't be a problem.

Going through the specs I would expect solid 50 fps at medium settings and should not dip below 30 at very high.

Cooling pad is always a good idea ( remember to set the laptop power management to performance ) but most of all it is vital to keep the cpu fan clear of dust, weather cooling pad is used or not.

Desktop: Vista 32-bit Operating System
Monitor resolution: 1280×1024
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4800+ (2.5 GHz)
Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce 6150 LE (128MB)
RAM: 4.00GB DDR2
SSD? No

The only thing I need left to run DayZ is a 512mb Graphic card. So now one of my major question is: Does it really have to be a Geforce 8800GT card or higher? Can any 512mb Graphics card do the job as the Geforce 8800GT card?

AFAIk the 8800GT were made with 512MB and even though it's a very old car now, it should be able to display the game at very low resolutions of 1024x768 and lower. Unfortunately anything better than said 8800GT will go a miss as your CPU is already severely limited. 

I'm afraid the platform is simply too outdated now 

XoticPC custom build: tl;dr is in BOLD

MSI GT70 DominatorPro-890

Free shipping and game

17.3" 16:9 1920x1080 LED Anti-Glare Screen w/ 72% NTSC Color Gamut (1920x1080) Extra money for anti-glare screen. Worth it? (I think so). I don't know enough about computers to know if 72% is a big difference between 90% NTSC color gamut (offered by matte/glossy displays which I HATE)
XOTIC PC Professional Monitor Color Calibration. Everything I've seen/read suggests color calibration is worth it.
i7-4800MQ (2.7GHz - 3.7GHz, 6MB Intel® Smart Cache)
IC Diamond Thermal Compound - CPU + GPU + Copper cooling upgrade (in addition to a fan, I want this PC as cold as I can get it!)
GTX 880M (8.0GB) GDDR5 (w/Optimus)
12GB DDR3 1600MHz  (1x4GB + 1x8GB RAM)
1TB 7200RPM (SATA III - 6GB/s) (I DO NOT WANT AN SSD! IF YOU TELL ME TO GET AN SSD I WILL CUT YOU)
8x Super Multi DVDRW/CDRW Combo Drive (the cheapest option; I don't watch bluray films. This will literally only be used 1 time, and that's for Oblivion GOTY)
Intel® Dual Band Ultimate-N 6300 - 802.11A/B/G/N Wireless (A 3x3 that supports up to 450mb/s. Can't pass that up!)
Sound Blaster Compatible 3D Audio (not sure how all the external sound card stuff works, so I went with the cheapest option-the default one)
Windows 8.1
24-hour "Stress testing" by Xotic "Professionals"

Nobody likes glossy displays so the anti-glare screens are little better but not for a fat premium markup. I also wouldn't worry too much about the color calibration and it is only worth it if you need the best color reproduction with no compromise. ( then again graphic designers would just get pro external display to begin with )

Undertaking the risk of being cut - Get an SSD.

Any modern-ish laptop benefits greatly from an SSD drive. Conventional ( even top of the range ) desktop HDD's are simply too slow and HDD's in laptops are far more limited. You will not be able to get maximum out of your laptop with conventional HDD.

Onboard sound card is fine and I'd put the saved funds towards better headphones like AKG K550

Going through the specs I would expect solid 50 fps at medium settings and should not dip below 30 at very high. Thank you. That puts a lot more confidence behind the purchase. :)

Cooling pad is always a good idea ( remember to set the laptop power management to performance ) but most of all it is vital to keep the cpu fan clear of dust, weather cooling pad is used or not. Of course. If I'm going to drop that much money on a laptop, I intend to spray it with compressed air cans regularly and open the case up for proper cleaning when I can.

Nobody likes glossy displays so the anti-glare screens are little better You don't think the loss in NTSC (or whatever the acronym is) is a problem? I want my display to be BRIGHT at max brightness, since it will get used outside

I also wouldn't worry too much about the color calibration and it is only worth it if you need the best color reproduction with no compromise. I'm not a graphic designer (or part of the artistic field for that matter), but I do have to use photoshop for school a lot and I like things to look good. If you honestly think it's a waste I'll save my money.

Undertaking the risk of being cut - Get an SSD. No. They're still too new, and their life cycles are too short for what I do. 7200 RPM is enough for me.

Onboard sound card is fine and I'd put the saved funds towards better headphones like AKG K550 Does the sound card not affect the quality of headphones? If it doesn't, I'll absolutely save my money.

Edited by Applejaxc

You don't think the loss in NTSC (or whatever the acronym is) is a problem? I want my display to be BRIGHT at max brightness, since it will get used outside

I'm not a graphic designer (or part of the artistic field for that matter), but I do have to use photoshop for school a lot and I like things to look good. If you honestly think it's a waste I'll save my money.

The screen is LED backlit so the brightness should be ok however the current best and affordable are IPS screens. IPS provides great brightness and color reproduction but I don't believe IPS is available for laptops though or I am yet too see one. The choice you have with NTSC option is that it will have bit better color reproduction but I have to highlight again that the stock ( non NTSC ) option should be more than good enough for majority of people and IMO is not needed.

Does the sound card not affect the quality of headphones? If it doesn't, I'll absolutely save my money.

It does but far, far more important is the source itself primarily eg.- if someone plays a bad quality Mp3 file it will sound terrible no matter how expensive or good the equipment playing it at the end is.

On the other hand a low quality gear, eg.- headphones or speakers will sound better with good Mp3 ( better than 320 kbps ) or FLAC  song but then again it will lack the capability to fully understand the audio file and play it at its best and this is where quality headphones come into play.

Connection matters too - better results will be with optical cable than with regular 3.5'' audio jack 

The point being, majority of people would find a stock sound card insufficient much later in that whole chain and you would just be better off throwing in a DAC ( digital to analog convertor ) than spending any more on a sound card

Edited by Colonel-Wicked

No. They're still too new, and their life cycles are too short for what I do. 7200 RPM is enough for me.

What you do with computer then? SSDs are not used to hold media and doing so doesn't really give you the benefits either considering the costs.

SSDs are not new, they have been around for many years. The lifespan is not a problem. Cheaper SSDs will last you 8 years as OS/program drives. Everything in your computer will be outdated by far before your SSD will drop out. You can't even imagine what kind of change you will be facing when switching to SSD over regular HDD. Even the cheapest and slowest SSDs will outperform fastest HDDs.

Color calibration won't make any difference in brightness or whatever. It is only for color-reproduction and it is not worth the premium (usually comes for quite an extra cost) for your uses. It is for graphic designers for printing so the screen shows the colors exactly how they will be printed.

The soundcard only affects the sound of your headphones if your headphones need extra amp. If not, you will be fine. For 100$ or sub, I wouldn't worry about it. On-board does fine. For average user, portable headphone amps are just fine and come for reasonable price. Do some research before you buy one though because there are shitty and good ones mixed up everywhere.

Don't forget what I said about power supply! :)

Hope it will work out fine for you.

So just as a quick Thank you , 

I went with the i7 3.4 4770 , with the 256 SSD and R9 270X 

Stand Alone is running at max (Ultra) settings with no over clocking at at steady 60-70 fps in open areas , Getting around 45 -55 in towns at full 1920 x 1080

Died three times last night through bandits though , No warning just KOS - all for a tin of  :beans:  :rolleyes:

Edited by Davebigtime

So just as a quick Thank you , 

I went with the i7 3.4 4770 , with the 256 SSD and R9 270X 

Stand Alone is running at max (Ultra) settings with no over clocking at at steady 60-70 fps in open areas , Getting around 45 -55 in towns at full 1920 x 1080

Died three times last night through bandits though , No warning just KOS - all for a tin of  :beans:  :rolleyes:

I am happy that it worked out fine for you. Have fun playing and trust no one! :)

What you do with computer then? SSDs are not used to hold media and doing so doesn't really give you the benefits either considering the costs.

SSDs are not new, they have been around for many years. The lifespan is not a problem. Cheaper SSDs will last you 8 years as OS/program drives. Everything in your computer will be outdated by far before your SSD will drop out. You can't even imagine what kind of change you will be facing when switching to SSD over regular HDD. Even the cheapest and slowest SSDs will outperform fastest HDDs.

Color calibration won't make any difference in brightness or whatever. It is only for color-reproduction and it is not worth the premium (usually comes for quite an extra cost) for your uses. It is for graphic designers for printing so the screen shows the colors exactly how they will be printed.

The soundcard only affects the sound of your headphones if your headphones need extra amp. If not, you will be fine. For 100$ or sub, I wouldn't worry about it. On-board does fine. For average user, portable headphone amps are just fine and come for reasonable price. Do some research before you buy one though because there are shitty and good ones mixed up everywhere.

1. I don't trust SSDs. I don't.

2. I'm not concerned with color calibration fixing brightness; those are 2 completely unrelated issues. I want the color correction for photo editing. I want to make sure the anti-glare screen isn't too dark. I wasn't suggesting one would affect the other.

3. If I buy headphones (which I inevitably will), I already know from experience what brand/model I can trust.

4. Thank you.

Will my PC run DayZ effectively?

I have a Radeon HD 6850 and an AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5000+ 2.60 GHz. Also, I have a 4GB RAM and my PC is  a 64 bit.

Yes or No

Can I run it on this system?

AMD Phenom II X3 720 Black Edition (2.8 Ghz)
AMD Sapphire HD4850
GigaByte MA790X-UD4
GeiL 4 GB Kit
Samsung T200 20" running 1650*1050
CM Real Power M520

Thinking about getting the standalone, can I run it?

Operating System:
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
CPU:
Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 2.40GHz 
Conroe 65nm Technology
RAM:
3.00GB DDR2
Motherboard:
ASUSTek Computer INC. Basswood2 (Socket 775) 
Graphics:
HP w22 (1680x1050@59Hz)
2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 (EVGA) 
Storage:
298GB Seagate ST3320820AS ATA Device (SATA) 
74GB Hitachi HDS728080PLA380 ATA Device (SATA) 
2794GB Western Digital WDC WD30EZRX-00D8PB0 ATA Device (SATA) 
1862GB Western Digital WD My Book 1140 USB Device (USB)
Optical Drives:
WD Virtual CD 1140 USB Device
TSSTcorp CD/DVDW TS-H653L ATA Device
Audio:
High Definition Audio Device
Edited by Rhen

Thinking about getting the standalone, can I run it? Also what would be my overall FPS when in-game.

Operating System:

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

CPU:

Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 2.40GHz 

Conroe 65nm Technology

RAM:

3.00GB DDR2

Motherboard:

ASUSTek Computer INC. Basswood2 (Socket 775) 

Graphics:

HP w22 (1680x1050@59Hz)

2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 (EVGA) 

Storage:

298GB Seagate ST3320820AS ATA Device (SATA) 

74GB Hitachi HDS728080PLA380 ATA Device (SATA) 

2794GB Western Digital WDC WD30EZRX-00D8PB0 ATA Device (SATA) 

1862GB Western Digital WD My Book 1140 USB Device (USB)

Optical Drives:

WD Virtual CD 1140 USB Device

TSSTcorp CD/DVDW TS-H653L ATA Device

Audio:

High Definition Audio Device
Edited by Rhen

snipples

merging

Edited by orlok

Monitor resolution: 1680x1050

CPU: AMD Athlon 64x 2 Dual Core 4800+ 2.51GHz

Graphics card: AMD Raedon 6900 Series