yotimmyg@gmail.com

Ok i get it.. its alpha.. but this is worse than the mod.

Did you play the mod 1.5 years ago when it was "released"? I highly doubt so, because it was way less playable than what the SA is now and yet a lot of people spend more money on ARMA 2 OA in order to be able to play it than they now spend on SA.

ARMA 2 Combined Operations was 25€ at the time and SA now is 23€ - and many bought ARMA for the sole purpose to be able to play the DayZMod. Whether you like it or not - it's playable and well worth the money.

I did play it over a year and a half ago and I can tell you emphatically that you are wrong.  The Mod was far more polished than the current rendition of Standalone a year and a half ago.

SOME PEOPLE....SOME know its an alpha.

others will buy it, and see the bugs give bad reviews, and it will be over...

reminds me of the aliens colonial marines  flop.

millions were poured into the game. and because of the bugs, it flopped.

this game is not immune either.

I don't like the tone this guy has taken, however, unfortunately to some extent I agree.

Interaction with the environment is still as clunky as ever, I want more key bindings so that I press 'L' and my torch turns on rather than scroll, select click.

I got a lucky spawn in Novy and new exactly where I was, this disappoints me. I would've enjoyed a new map, after-all they've had over a year to make one while the other aspects were changed. Adding in new sections is nice, but I have already played this landscape for 1.5 years.

I struggle to understand what has be the hold up creating other guns, items and vehicles when the apparent hold up has been the network connection. Surely they have a team of modellers for designing in game items whilst their network team sort out their own problems.

Being knocked without a timer seems a questionable one to be honest.

But see this is the difference you included specific examples, and would be considered valid criticism. The OP on the other hand had none of that, and the post was basically as pointless as the grey matter which exists between his ears

What the developers say:

“DayZ Early Access is your chance to experience DayZ as it evolves throughout its development process. Be aware that our Early Access offer is a representation of our core pillars, and the framework we have created around them. It is a work in progress and therefore contains a variety of bugs. We strongly advise you not to buy and play the game at this stage unless you clearly understand what Early Access means and are interested in participating in the ongoing development cycle.”

If you're just going to keep posting that quote, I'm just going to keep posting this image, because no one cares what the fine print says.

8ktlIJK.jpg

I don't like the tone this guy has taken, however, unfortunately to some extent I agree.

Interaction with the environment is still as clunky as ever, I want more key bindings so that I press 'L' and my torch turns on rather than scroll, select click.

Being knocked without a timer seems a questionable one to be honest.

If you have your torch selected, just push f to turn it off and on. Push F to open doors and pick up things.

I never had to scroll in the SA.

You're doing it wrong.

If you're just going to keep posting that quote, I'm just going to keep posting this image, because no one cares what the fine print says.

Can you please spoiler it, then? That would be much appreciated. Thank you. :)

8ktlIJK.jpg

No one really reads signs either.  :)

Ok- 

There is nothing wrong with discussing faults of the game but to wine like the op has ( and others ) is not correct. Personally I would of prefered the game to spend more time in dev and have a more stable release ( i know this is alpha ) funniely enough a lot of the people that are making knee jerk posts are probally the ones that were wining about it taking too long oh the irony.

The eat drink thing is anoying and hopefully will get sorted soon, i pretty much ignored it bar early on and havnt passed out yet ( only 3 hours in )

anyone else have the bug where is sounds like there are zombies tailing you but cant be seen ?

Liking the Alpha so far , not seen it in daylight yet bar ppls vids/ streams

Was just a matter of minutes before such m*r*ns appears and start whining about alpha being unfinished.

I kinda pitty Rocket, because he could not have escaped that.

SOME PEOPLE....SOME know its an alpha.

others will buy it, and see the bugs give bad reviews, and it will be over...

reminds me of the aliens colonial marines  flop.

millions were poured into the game. and because of the bugs, it flopped.

this game is not immune either.

Edited by Hombre

Was just a matter of minutes before such m*r*ns appears and start whining about alpha being unfinished.

I kinda pitty Rocket, because he could not have escaped that.

Its his and the development teams own fault for charging the full value of this game on what amounts to helping create it.  I feel far more of a different emotion than pity.

own fault for charging the full value of this game

23€ is hardly the full value, is it? I suspect it's going to be around 45-50€ upon full release, just like ARMA 3.

Dean Hall bit off more than he could chew and he knows it.... his vision was not realised because no1 working for him respected him and his foolish notions of design and developement.... He had a good run.. he got paid a lot, he is not a leader.. gratz to him for dragging it out for a year... I know i paid $30... so hatz off to the kiwi. Now please disappear.

I hope however that I am entirely wrong and you dig this god awful alpha out of the deep hole it is in.... the Execs must of insisted you release this bag of crap.   #warz

You sir have never been part of a real closed game testing group have you. .This is what alpha is about. You were warned over and over to only buy the alpha if you wanted to help test and report bugs and feedback .. 

Its his and the development teams own fault for charging the full value of this game on what amounts to helping create it.  I feel far more of a different emotion than pity.

Excuse me but what? Have you seen other alpha releases? Like Dead Linger or Rust? They provided far less that DayZ SA Alpha does. Pitty you did not read warnings, have not watched gameplays & streams and bought alpha expecting full product.

You obviously don't get the fact that it's alpha. Have fun with Warz pay2winscam

Oh shut up 

Dean himself said that he wanted to put out a better product than the mod.

Hes failed bigtime.

Oh shut up 

Dean himself said that he wanted to put out a better product than the mod.

Hes failed bigtime.

Be nice. And come back when that "product" you're talking about is actually finished - as the product in its finished state will be better than the mod.

• Like 2

Hombre, I'm not so sure about what you've said. Rust's alpha feels a lot more polished and definitely a lot less clunky controls wise.

On the reverse side, there is a ton of hope and promise on this DayZ SA and I hope that Rocket & Team pull through because the long run of this game sounds more promising then others on the market.

I ll play this alpha over warz any day,its in development and already iam enjoying it more than warz ,its a stepping stone not a complete set,give it time to develop ,iam sure you guys will see it getting better and better after every patch. :)

They should of made the Alpha 60 USD, so people who really are willing to help contribute to the game progresses actually buys it.

I don't understand how you feel forced to buy it, Rocket has even said don't buy it because this isn't going to be a huge plate of entertainment.

First thing I did when I got on, worked the flashlight encounter first Zombie notice it was buggy, running through obstacles. Went to the Bug section reported it, but it was reported already, so I voted the original report up some more and they've acknowledged it.

NOW THAT, is what the whole point of Alpha is. Constructive criticism AND bug reporting is what your intentions should be buying the Alpha game. If you want to skip all that and play a polished game wait until Beta or just wait for the Full Release.

No one at least I don't care about how you feel ripped off people like you weren't supposed to buy the game, People like you just want to play the game, and that's when patient comes. Let the people who actually "help" the game contribute and let the Devs progress in their product.

FYI this game isn't Day z mod 2.0 this is a fresh build, so save your comparisons for someone who cares.

The game is currently very fluid and that's something the mod could never really accomplish. It's only the beginning so it'll just continue getting better in due time. You bought it so if you can't deal with its current state then simply don't play it and wait a few months or so for more updates.

the amount of crying and bashing of this ALPHA literally amazes me.

buyers were warned over and over what to expect, yet you still get all these clowns talking about how much it failed and how bad it is.

its going to be a really sad time when these type of people are in charge.  mcdonalds will never be the same.

Yeah it's alpha but the thing is it has EXACTLY the same huge & significant problems the mod had: the engine is buggy as hell, animations are strange and fps problems are still common. Nevermind, I will play it anyways but I am a bit dissapointed, because I was actually expecting something - at least a bit - more stable. So I can only hope that these three things will be finally fixed in the development progress. Right now, it is still only the old buggy Dayz Mod with better graphics, nothing more.

Human nature guys always expect too much from something. Once they get it its never as good as they imagined it to be. Played this build for about 15 hours so far. Pretty decent. Loving the new items and reamped world map. The only thing that was questionable for me was the lag spikes / memory leaks and how often i had to eat and drink.

Other than that every major bug currently in this build was covered in the latest Dev Blog so i wasnt phased by it.

Oh man! Was so worried that people would grow the fuck up! There should be a mandatory test of your basic abilities to read warnings in order to buy into the alpha.

I'm glad that all those chimps skipped the clearly stated warnings, including the one where Rocket exclusively tells you NOT to buy the alpha! Morons...

edited for spelling. Big thumbs, little keyboard.

Edited by Merrick362

Do not buy the game yet!

The release of our Alpha is about getting those who want to be involved from the ground up, up and into the process. What we do encourage you to do, is to read reviews, watch livestreams and lets play videos, and talk to your friends. The alpha is going out into large scale testing for the first time, this means many things (mostly bad) will happen such as nasty bugs, connection issues, lost loot, etc... Our aim right now is to present the bare-bone architecture and check that works, getting some feedback on the direction in the process.

Failure to read.