SmashT

December Round-up: ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ GIVE SA

i read this forum 5 times a day to get news and all i see is:

babywaaa_zpsf3307362.jpg

Yeah this is very accurate, too many people whining and/or crying.

Edited by EightBitPixel

Ye, va o qué?

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ GIVE SA

Yeah this is very accurate, too many people whining and/or crying.

so because people are interested or maybe not agreeing to the normal type sheep comments of give them time or it will come out when it comes out 2029 we are crying ? :rolleyes:

its the internet ! people have different views. just because someone typed some shit on a forum doesnt mean they sobbing there eyes out. people read shit how ever they personally view it doesnt mean its what the other person meant so pour salt over any posts and dont ever try and decifer anything . :)

ncf5ug.jpg

Where the hell did all that shit come from!? A collection or a big dinosaur shit?

They better get someone to help this poor sod to shuffle all the shit if the photo is real. And if it's not did they seriously just put some fake poo looking material for a dayz concept photo?

Mind boggles.

Finally an answer worth the hype:

Why do I get a headache reading your posts.. it always seems like a riddle / puzzle that needs solving. I read it and read it again and still really have no clue what is happening. Seriously dat release date answer is like WTF did I just read.

Can someone clear it up? Is SA out in 2013? [] Yes, [] No, [] Likely , [] Not Likely [] All 4.

Rocket:

[X] hopefully

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ GIVE SA

Edited by Xul

Personally I don't think it's a sign for imminent release but possibly a close one. If they had a player named 'media capture' or whatever it was, then they are clearly either making a video for the Steam Store page or a dev blog. However with these new images rising up, apparently looking like they may be images for the Steam Store page, it leads me to believe that the media capture was hopefully a video for the Steam Page.

Poop, a pile of poop.  

Your Tourette's is so severe it even shows in your writing? I'm impressed.

Your Tourette's is so severe it even shows in your writing? I'm impressed.

I don't belive everything someone post on reddit so you can indeed be impressed :P .

Rocket's quotations about 50 players test. Just posting here as a reminder.

Q: Can you shed some light upon widely adopted theory here that we shouldn't be expecting 'imminent' release until we see about a hundred people playing on test server?
I don't think we will bother testing above 50. If that happened it would not be planned. If no compounding FPS issues are experienced at 50 we know it scales well, and it means your average ArmA2 dedi server can hold 50 and a super-server could do more. Every time we break the ceiling on player numbers, we get excited too  :)

Q: Will you be able to test the 50/server goal using internal testers or will this be something that essentially the alpha release will test ?
We will test it internally first absolutely. Actually, it is very easy to see the problems. The bugs we have now show up because they are compounding. That means they get worse quickly. So once these are solved the system scales very well.

Q: Will the initial server be capped to a certain number of players (below 60)? If so, do you plan on gradually increasing that number to measure the performance? Also, how many servers can we expect on alpha launch?
Server size will be dictated by the server itself. High quality servers will be able to run more players. The servers are very CPU intensive, but the bandwidth requires are greatly reduced compared to ArmA2. I would go so far to say bandwidth, and even ping to an extent, are not really that important any more. But server CPU is. We are benchmarking with what we believe is a typical ArmA2 dedicated server. We are aiming for 50 players for the initial release, scaling to the design limit of 150 (we feel more than that does not work for Chernarus).

I know most of you have already read these. But I thought maybe reading them once again -oh what am i saying?! CHOO CHOO!

Horsemasks confirmed for Standalone!
Rickrolling confirmed for Standalone!

I suppose I can understand why someone might not like it. We discussed this kind of thing.

In the aftermath of the Christchurch Earthquake I saw some photos of guys robbing a place wearing those horse head things. What we want to do is add content. Payday is also a product we feel very strongly about, it's something we all really like and we wanted to honor it as a product. We wanted to put masks in game not only for hiding identity individually, but to allow the players to gain some kind of group identity if they wanted. It's another thing to: find, trade, or treat as junk.

With or without the masks, someone is going to find/do something that you don't like in the game. Someone is going to run around electro naked, with a radio blaring "Never Gonna Give You Up". There's no way (nor should there be) for us to enforce exactly how someone plays the game. We're also not always thinking "what would be in Chernarus, for reals" because that is not the game we are making. There are many people playing the game for many reasons - and it is this great variety of reasons that I believe adds a the unique character to the game.

Kidding but just thought I'd post what he said here.

• Like 3

I can't wait for this game! Im so excited! Will there be mad max style clothing?

• Like 2

I can't wait for this game! Im so excited! Will there be mad max style clothing?

I think for clothing there's just underwear.

• Like 1

I think for clothing there's just underwear.

You know what I mean :P.

giphy.gif

Edited by Kingllama
  • Like 1

What's this new picture captionned Bring It? Because it certainly caught my attention.

Edit: Seriously, guys, what is it? 

Edited by Very Ape