SmashT

December Round-up: ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ GIVE SA

In other news...

<snip>

I think those three fellows would like the sheep in your signature very much.

Edited by orlok

I think it's funny that when they hit their 50 mark the hype in here is relatively subdued.

Whereas when some made up November 5th release date surfaced people went crazy.

I suppose that's a good thing. Maybe people are calming down a bit.

I think people have moved onto the Acceptance stage. I used to think he was trolling us but now realize Rocket really does not know the release date himself. 

Now I know what's on my wishlist this holiday ;)

DayZ Standalone; I hope you come out this month like it was suppose to be last year.

I think people are just dumb. That's the deepest explanation you need.

• Like 1

Seriously whats up with that fcking payday mask ?  :o

Rocket is a big fan of Payday so he's letting that bleed into SA. Personally I think that kills the immersion and if some much care is put into the believability of the setting a payday easter egg mask just kills all that instantly.

• Like 4

Rocket is a big fan of Payday so he's letting that bleed into SA. Personally I think that kills the immersion and if some much care is put into the believability of the setting a payday easter egg mask just kills all that instantly.

In my opinion, players have a choice in wearing these types of apparel but then again, Rocket has stated the game would be based on "Authenticity"

In my opinion, players have a choice in wearing these types of apparel but then again, Rocket has stated the game would be based on "Authenticity"

id assume they would have a very low drop rate.

• Like 1

id assume they would have a very low drop rate.

That or very well hidden in some type of bank or store, making it a clear reference :)

That or very well hidden in some type of bank or store, making it a clear reference :)

There should be shit loads o em at the costume shop in cherno.... everyone knows pay day clown masks, and guy fawks masks are a dime a dozen in ex soviet block countries :rolleyes:

Edit... should be hockey masks mind, they would be a lil practicle when it came to brawling

Edited by KingOchaos

extremely low drop rate at a specific bank. that i would be alright with having in the game.

There should be shit loads o em at the costume shop in cherno.... everyone knows pay day clown masks, and guy fawks masks are a dime a dozen in ex soviet block countries :rolleyes:

Edit... should be hockey masks mind, they would be a lil practicle when it came to brawling

Now that's even better :) This comes to conclude that we'll most likely see a hockey mask as well just like what Jason Voorhees wears.

Yeah, cause you would never find a clown mask in a zombie apocalypse... 

It's not about clown masks in general, but very specifically the masks from Payday2.

Those masks in a rural russian area? I live in a big western country and have never seen anybody having these masks for real.

And additionally to that - where then are all the computers? Logically these masks could be found in piles of trash, like in a house where a big fan of Payday indeed possessed one, along with smashed monitors, broken pcs, teared up speakers and so on.

We'll have to wait and see to which extend the environmental complexity increases, before we can make a call.

I just doubt it will be anywhere close to being believeable and it would have a bad influence on immersion for me.

Hell what do we see next? Fucking Kerban plush toys?

Edited by Grabarz

Well Rocket is now in Czech so there's possibility to find the mask IRL Chernarus if zombie apocalypse happens if he has one :D

snip

Hell what do we see next? Fucking Kerban plush toys?

800px-83-Hannibal-Lecter-face-mask.jpg

Edited by h3l1x
  • Like 2

Well Rocket is now in Czech so there's possibility to find the mask IRL Chernarus if zombie apocalypse happens if he has one :D

DayZ is still happening in Russia though. If it's be supposed to be located in Czekoslowakia they'd have to change the letterings from cyrillic to latin. Or did they relocate it indeed? I recall that poster and the guy with the guy fawkes mask (which is ok) and that poster was czech. Hmmm.....

why would you want to hide your face in a world ending zombie apocolypse ? there is no enforcement just people trying to survive. leave it in payday.

why would you want to hide your face in a world ending zombie apocolypse ? there is no enforcement just people trying to survive. leave it in payday.

Yeah, I do like the idea of masks though in general just not these, they don't look real for some reason. But having other ways to mask your face or mouth and eyes (Bandanas or glasses) would be really sick

I happen to like the option to cover my face.  Masks, Gas Masks, Bandannas etc.  All these should be in the game... so he wants to add a little touch of Payday in it?  So what.  At the end of the day, it's still just a game fellas... no real zombie apocalypse is happening.   

• Like 2

Discussion on the possibility of DayZ SA releasing before 2014 by HumanBeing25in dayz

[–]rocket2guns [score hidden]

39 minutes

ago

Q) Rocket is being quiet again

A) Not entirely sure I agree with that. I allocate a fair amount of time to answering direct questions through social media. This is:

(a) more than I give to the media ( B) out of my own time

What I don't do, I concede, is give dates for release. There are multiple reasons for this, the most important of which is that it is not just me who would be bound by this date: but the entire team which now involves about 20 full-time, onsite, people.

Q) is it possible that the game will be released before 2014?

A) The answer is very simple. It would be very difficult to argue anything other than "yes" as to whether such a thing is plausible. The real question would be "how likely", which is actually a question that should only be asked (and only answered) by those who can fully understand the implications and factors involved in answering it.

By this, I mean someone who understand the risks and variables involved with making something that has the architecture (but not exact operation) of an MMO.

I also think that question is the lesser when compared with "should the game be released this year?" That is the question that is asked whenever something is made that is releasable.

Q) Obviously, he has made countless promises that were broken.

A) In 2012 I said that DayZ had to be out by the end of the year to achieve what we wanted to. It wasn't, and we didn't. That cost us. That cost us in many ways. It cost me personally, because I had to spend another year in the Czech Republic that was unplanned. There's only one person to blame for all that and it's me, and I've been down the road of apologizing and explaining many times before.

While the difference between what I said and a promise might not matter to some, it matters a great deal to me. What I thought I was doing was being honest... "we have to do this, or else". Well - the "or else" happened and this is it.

Q) what do you, Rocket or anyone else working on the game, "think"?

A) What I think is simple. We are making a foundation. The foundation I believe that a multiplayer game of this nature needs. This came from a decade of modding ArmA, and involved me pushing programmers and team members to the absolute brink over the last year.

This is not a game launch that will be shoveled full of features, pretty artwork, or polish. What I want is very simple. I want a robust, well engineered, framework for the future. Something that we can test. It might be really rough around the edges visually... underneath it is built from solid steel.

When you cut all the bullshit, all the scandals with "promises", competitors, the "moment being lost", and hype wasted... it is so damn simple: make a good game.

Our first step is not the alpha you want. It is the alpha we need to build the future.

Discussion on the possibility of DayZ SA releasing before 2014 by HumanBeing25in dayz

[–]rocket2guns [score hidden]

14 minutes

ago

why you can't make an educated guess as to when it WON'T be out by

I tried that earlier in the year at E3. That didn't work out so well.

Saying "it won't be out before xxxx", the takeaway becomes "the game will be out on xxxx". If xxxx rolls around, and it's not out, then I'm accused of breaking promises and all sorts else.

There is no "off the record", no "rough estimates". The world will see only one thing from something I say: a promise. This is one reason why I try to be vague enough on here that no media outlet will pick up the story. I offer just enough information, spread through posts, that it's (hopefully) not enough to print. This allows me to provide information to those who need it, but not enough that it becomes a website headline adorned with hyperbole.

http://www.reddit.com/user/rocket2guns

Edited by Owain1122