SmashT

November Round-up

Dat fanboy rage..

Allow me to add some fuel to the fire since you are all so open to criticism.

The way i see it the release window in which DayZ would achieve a good results on the market is closing - the longer they take the less their progress on the game matters. It took them a year to change around some code and make a dozen or so interiors for buildings. Most of the graphical improvements have been pulled from arma3 and adapted to work. For the amount of work yes, a year is a long time period.

A year is not alot of time for a full game that is built from the ground up, but they started with not one but three game engines to bodge together, the map just needed a touch up to fit in the theme.. and after a year they are strugling to drop out an alpha version of it..

And if you people seriously think BI does not care about the financial aspect of this project you are clearly blinded by your man crush on a random member of a development team who happened to have a decent idea.

Rage on guys, maybe you will get special bike helmets once the game is out, as a little thank you gift from your precious rocket.

so zeds will always try to run in a straight line ( shortest way) to reach a player but if obstacles are recognized they will use generated paths which are dynamically generated...sounds cool :-).. 

A year is not alot of time for a full game that is built from the ground up, but they started with not one but three game engines to bodge together, the map just needed a touch up to fit in the theme.. and after a year they are strugling to drop out an alpha version of it..

Do you mind posting the list of games that you have released so that I can evaluate if your deep knowledge of game designing is worth to be recognized or if I need to come to the conclusion: Just another wanna-be talking out of his behind.

• Like 1

Nah boys, quote of the night goes to reddit. the "bow" thread is absolutely gold to read, with one liners such as, "Chivarly warfare - chenarus edition", "And my AX!"

Anyways heres the quote of the night, week, month, year, decade.

"Ahh.. the crossbow, a tale of sadness that every player goes through Find crossbow, invisage; rambo, silent zombie kills, conserving and reusing ammo, never needing a gun again, stealthy take-downs on bandits, looking like Daryl from the walking dead, being universally feared and respected, being at one with nature and the sacred art of death. Then you miss your 4 shots, lose the ammo somewhere 'over there' and realise the crossbow is bog-average, tossing it aside, ready to ensare it's next victim's dreams." - (Some majestic and wonderful dickhead)

its beyond poetry, it speaks to my soul, its poetry which leans in close to my soul, and whispers, gently

"i want to be in you"

Edited by Mazzar
  • Like 2

so the forum was down ready for standalone release ? i may be guessing thats the reason but surely it is the only answer :D

Dat fanboy rage..

Allow me to add some fuel to the fire since you are all so open to criticism.

The way i see it the release window in which DayZ would achieve a good results on the market is closing - the longer they take the less their progress on the game matters. It took them a year to change around some code and make a dozen or so interiors for buildings. Most of the graphical improvements have been pulled from arma3 and adapted to work. For the amount of work yes, a year is a long time period.

And if you people seriously think BI does not care about the financial aspect of this project you are clearly blinded by your man crush on a random member of a development team who happened to have a decent idea.

Rage on guys, maybe you will get special bike helmets once the game is out, as a little thank you gift from your precious rocket.

Lol, another troll with absolutely no idea what you are talking about. The graphical improvements and interiors aren't even half the work that went into this thing. You're forgetting the inventory, the network architecture, the new zombies, the clothing system, the new health systems, the weapon attachments, changing all thread based objects to vehicles, diseases, zombie pathing which is still giving the team problems, fps and latency issues, which are actively preventing release, ect. Also, do you really think it's that simple to just take assets from a new engine and reverse engineer them for another game? The map is 225 sq km. A little "touch up"? Are you shitting me? Haha. If it's so damned easy, why don't you make your own game then? Huh? Have you ever made a video game map? Have you ever programmed even one single line of C++? I seriously doubt it.

So you'll have to forgive me for believing the producer and the project lead of the game before I believe the personal opinion of laymans. Who are you again? Furthermore, if you aren't a fan of the game, then why the fuck are you even a member of the forums? You clearly wouldn't even be here if Dean Hall hadn't made this game in the first place. Clearly you're waiting for the Standalone just as much as anyone else here - the only difference is that you get butthurt when you don't get what you want because "waahhh I'm entitled and Dean Hall is a dick!" So I ask you, who's the one with fanboy rage here?

Edited by SalamanderAnder
  • Like 4

so the forum was down ready for standalone release ? i may be guessing thats the reason but surely it is the only answer :D

Seems like Web Hosting problems. 

They would probably just redirect to "Maintenance" page if they were only taking it down for release.

I know right, I was thinking the exact same thing! :D

DDOS

Sweet DDOS brah!

Made a Reddit account just to whine about it... Well, now I'm one of those people with a Reddit account!

DayZ forum is better...

There's some lived-in feel! All it took was some scraggly grass, a car wreck, a creaky old gate and some post-processing.

• Like 1

There's some lived-in feel! All it took was some scraggly grass, a car wreck, a creaky old gate and some post-processing.

It's just the quality of the image that was compressed by Twitter. Unfortunately there isn't anything that's in better quality other than what they have given us.

It's just the quality of the image that was compressed by Twitter. Unfortunately there isn't anything that's in better quality other than what they have given us.

Uh, what? I was saying it looks good! I want DayZ to look lived-in, rather than just the occasional randomly placed car wreck. This is one of the few screens of SA that has been fairly atmospheric.

• Like 1

Uh, what? I was saying it looks good! I want DayZ to look lived-in, rather than just the occasional randomly placed car wreck. This is one of the few screens of SA that has been fairly atmospheric.

Oh sorry, misread :) I'll still stand by that comment about the image compression though.

Shut up ass. You don't know what you are talking about. The mod can already do 500 zombies, so your conjecture is completely baseless. Rocket has never lied about what the product is. Must I go and find every reference where he says "If you don't like the standalone, don't buy it" or, "it's alpha, so it won't be finished," or, "this is what we hope to accomplish" or "the zombies are very much a work in progress." There is no deceit here, Bongoman... or should I call you Sergei?

Dean has been very clear about his expectations, progress, and even his failures. That's a lot more than you can ask of any other game developer, period. There are no "false screenshots," there are no lies to raise expectations. Dean has even said that he would rather have a soft launch, and that profit is really not an issue when it comes to the release of this game. People are excited because they are excited. Rocket isn't trying to hype people up, nor has he ever tried to. People just read into things and get excited for the future. That's human nature. People also get disappointed because of their own failure to manage their own expectations. So why don't you go manage your own expectations, far away from here. We don't need this type of idiotic slander on the forums. Just because you are too lazy to actually read what he has to say, then jump on the hype train, then get disappointed, does not make Dean Hall a liar. It makes you dumb. Just sayin'.

oh so awesome in understanding text and metaphorical language. (watch out ironic/hyperbolic statement you 500-zombie-guy)

tho no reason to get personel raging (still)fanboy.

so to sum up: you are ok with the whole project to be a failure/multiple failures and a lot broken promises, or if u want to call them "statements". i only give a second chance but none more.

im quite sure BIS would have shredded the project SA by now if it wasnt "promised" to the community somehow.

i really hope it breaks down in the first weeks of steam release like WarZ did. thats what it, well not it but the incompetent team, or better rocket, deserves in my eyes.

oh so awesome in understanding text and metaphorical language. (watch out ironic/hyperbolic statement you 500-zombie-guy)

tho no reason to get personel raging (still)fanboy.

so to sum up: you are ok with the whole project to be a failure/multiple failures and a lot broken promises, or if u want to call them "statements". i only give a second chance but none more.

im quite sure BIS would have shredded the project SA by now if it wasnt "promised" to the community somehow.

i really hope it breaks down in the first weeks of steam release like WarZ did. thats what it, well not it but the incompetent team, or better rocket, deserves in my eyes.

Why are you here, angry child?

• Like 2

I believe that it was this thread that on it's own DDOS'ed the whole forum to give itself a break.

It was just. so. tired.

• Like 2