SmashT

November Round-up

Unless your playing at work or school or something then it's FTW lol

Lenovo make solid, affordable, gaming capable laptops. I bought one more or less to spoil myself and to have a decently powered machine for when on the move. What I got was a portable desktop rival.

Once I have the money to put an mSata SSD in it, it may even surpass my desktop system as a general machine. The desktop should be getting a new GPU soon enough, so it will always be the main gaming rig.

Edited by soapmak3r

I'll give my specs for a second and then think about rocket's specs for his comp.

i5 3230 (2.6 - 3.2 ghz)

Nvidia 610gt 1gb

4gb ram

15.6 inch screen

500gb hdd.

Laptop. Which means all those components are mobile models(and therefore slower and prone to overheating).

From what i've seen rocket has a decent quality Alienware, most likely putting it leaps and bounds ahead of my system.

This is why i think i'll have to run SA on low.

i5-3570K @ 4.0 GHz

GTX 770 OC

16 GB KIngston RAM

I don't think my PC can handle SA. I might have to run this game in a lower resolution /:

Edited by Shadow134

To each their own, that is all.

no

Yes.

20120914120348!Exploding-head.gif

Edited by Mazzar
  • Like 1

I'll give my specs for a second and then think about rocket's specs for his comp.

i5 3230 (2.6 - 3.2 ghz)

Nvidia 610gt 1gb

4gb ram

15.6 inch screen

500gb hdd.

Laptop. Which means all those components are mobile models(and therefore slower and prone to overheating).

From what i've seen rocket has a decent quality Alienware, most likely putting it leaps and bounds ahead of my system.

This is why i think i'll have to run SA on low.

would lol again

Edited by iGore
  • Like 1

Simply because it's a "franchise" doesn't mean it'll automatically get ruined.

No, but most franchises lack the innovation to justify the next installment. Look at CoD, Battlefield 3/4, C&C, Etc.

Simply because it's a "franchise" doesn't mean it'll automatically get ruined.

No, but most franchises lack the innovation to justify the next installment. Look at CoD, Battlefield 3/4, C&C, Etc.

To each their own, that is all.

To me all, to you that which remains; and to the rest, nothing.

How about that?

i5-3570K @ 4.0 GHz

GTX 770 OC

16 GB KIngston RAM

I don't think my PC can handle SA. I might have to run this game in a lower resolution /:

Don't worry guys its because of this they're only running on low

"I generally only play with settings on "low" (not very low, because that disables GPU). We use an internal executable that drastically lowers performance due to its debugging features, so we basically have to run it on low or we get a slideshow."

So i think you should be able to run it atleast medium or maybe even high. As rocket said you can run the game lot smoother. than the Mod.

Edited by Aporis

Don't worry guys its because of this they're only running on low

"I generally only play with settings on "low" (not very low, because that disables GPU). We use an internal executable that drastically lowers performance due to its debugging features, so we basically have to run it on low or we get a slideshow."

So i think you should be able to run it atleast medium or maybe even high. As rocket said you can run the game lot smoother. than the Mod.

I sure hope so, currently I can run Epoch with 60 players online on the max settings with 70-80fps. That being said if the SA runs even smoother, hell yeah!

Heres my specs btw

i7-4770k @3.9ghz

Sapphire 7970 Vapor-X Ghz Edition

ASRock Extreme 4

8gb G-Skill RAM

Edited by GrandadAssasin

OMG this video make me feel game is so much casual, they kill zombies in mele whit no get hitet... war z

soul...

PD: i buyet 4770k and 780x2 SLI to run this game at 120hz, but screen shots looks alot more better than game in motion...

Shaun-Of-The-Dead-Second.jpg

Edited by sycopata

I sure hope so, currently I can run Epoch with 60 players online on the max settings with 70-80fps. That being said if the SA runs even smoother, hell yeah!

Heres my specs btw

i7-4770k @3.9ghz

Sapphire 7970 Vapor-X Ghz Edition

ASRock Extreme 4

8gb G-Skill RAM

GTX 760 2gb GGDR5

AMD FX 6300 6core 3,5ghz (soon i5 4670k)

8gb Kingston hyperX RAM

i think the game should run high on my specs once its optimized.

Nah, I got a really nice Lenovo Y500 with a core i7 3630QM and a GT650 2GB and 8GB of DDR3 RAM, and it is a hell of a lot cheaper than an Alienware, and is a decent gaming laptop from what I have tested on it. Very respectable performance.

Alienware is like apple without the bad Mac OS.

So just being too expensive really.

• Like 1

Alienware is like apple without the bad Mac OS.

So just being too expensive really.

1. Alienware is plastic crap.

Apple is awesome aluminium:

Apple feature precision unibody enclosures milled from an extruded block of aluminum, allowing them to get even thinner while retaining rigid durability and a stronger, cleaner, and more polished design

2. Alienware is a fat stone

Apple is slim and small

3. Mac OS X is much much much better than windows, I use both, i know what iam talking about :)

4 ....

If you have 2k for a PC, better spend it for an apple than for an alienware windows pc :>

Back to Topic:

Can u disable head-shake in DayZ SA ?

Edited by chris90

Dat russian binoculars. Love it.

• Like 1

I agree the motion blur needs to be turned down a bit or off, but I am all for other post processing effects.  They make the sky look so much more realistic and give the game a bit of haziness and immersion.

I would have them on all the time in the mod if it didn't give me blurry tunnel vision when I moved.  Standing still, it looks beautiful.  

I agree the motion blur needs to be turned down a bit or off, but I am all for other post processing effects.  They make the sky look so much more realistic and give the game a bit of haziness and immersion.

I would have them on all the time in the mod if it didn't give me blurry tunnel vision when I moved.  Standing still, it looks beautiful.  

The motion blur is optional and, as far as I can make it out from rocket's reddit posting, it is now separated from other post processing so you can turn down motion blur without turning down everything else.

Q: Can you turn off motion blur?

A: Yes you can. Most people (even in the project) hate motion blur but I love it. And it's my party, so my videos always have motion blur! hzzzaaah!

( http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/1qq9dv/dayz_standalone_test_15_november_2013/cdfd42m?context=3 )

• Like 1

OMG this video make me feel game is so much casual, they kill zombies in mele whit no get hitet... war z

soul...

PD: i buyet 4770k and 780x2 SLI to run this game at 120hz, but screen shots looks alot more better than game in motion...

Shaun-Of-The-Dead-Second.jpg

I am fairly certain rocket was in 'god mode' in the (most all the) video(s). I think there will not be a casual gaming bone any where in the SA.

I did however see rocket in those zambies, remember the MOCAP videos from way a long time ago (good times)? I remember rocket doing those attack jumps with those silly little balls tapped to his forehead:)

BTW Tuesday is the alpha release. How do I know? Easy, Tuesday (the 19th) is my birthday and rocket will give me SA for my birthday. You heard it here first.

No, it will be next tuesday >:D 

Edited by Shadow134