SmashT

November Round-up

Testers seem to be filing into the test server with Steakandpotatoes already in. Lets see how this goes! Today might be the 50+ people on the server test!

Edit this may have been premature.

Edited by Dchil

Testers seem to be filing into the test server with Steakandpotatoes already in. Lets see how this goes! Today might be the 50+ people on the server test!

B-but... There are only three testers in. ;_;

There should be a scheduled MP test later today, we will see it on steam graph.

There should be a scheduled MP test later today, we will see it on steam graph.

Do you get this from your usual source of smelling salts and incense? Or did someone actually say this was happening?

• Like 8

Do you get this from your usual source of smelling salts and incense? Or did someone actually say this was happening?

LOL, They said they have a regular weekly MP test, last one was on Thursday (you can see the 29 player peak on Steam graphs). That was when the server was renamed to weekly MP test. There has not been one this week, so logically it's happening today (Thursday already here) or possibly Friday. It's only logic, cap.

Edited by ZlobaRUS54

If the SA comes out this week, I will shove a Watermelon up my anus.

twice

• Like 1

Hot

I'll even stream it at www.fruitinanus.com

Condolences.

It's exactly everyone on this page who posted above it and me.

No moar, no less.

• Like 1

http://www.reddit.com/user/rocket2guns

"Agreed. I'm not sure if I will get this done in time, but my current plan is to revise our system of spawning in a player."

Since they are already working on the spawning in of players, I'd really like to see new spawnpoints. In fact, I much rather prefer to start inland. Go halfway from Kamenka to Zhelenogorsk. Make a line from west to east. Do the same for the eastern coast (like 2 kilometers inland). On those lines, players should spawn.

Reason being: The coast gives players a fixed point of focus to figure where exactly they are. Navigating yourself to some sweetspots is easy from the coast. Especially when you know right after spawn "Ah, Electro (or Cherno) is just 1 km that direction). 

Now imagine spawning inland, somewhere in the woods, or somewhere in a field. You have far more difficulties determining where you are at. You might choose to go east to figure out that you have reached the end of the map after 15 minutes of walking. Now that would be interesting.

Also, imagine how much more tension it brings if you get spawned on a night time server and all you can see is the darkness, the moon and the spawn.

Additionally, this would make cities like Cherno and Electro more valuable than a quick "gear up and head north" point. Your first real challenge is to actually reach them in one piece.

I have played DayZ on a russian server a couple of times in which you could spawn anywhere on the map and I just loved this feeling. I spawned inside the woods with a hatchet as starting gear. Actually, I made myself the story that I am a wood worker that woke up right after the zombie apocalypse. Not knowing where I was was really great and I was happy that I managed to find Zhelenogorsk after 40 minutes of going here and there without any idea of where I am at.

Edited by Sensemann

It would be fun,if Rocket do life stream where "I´m gonna release Dayz righ now ... but first I´m gonna say this long story"

They should add Tubular Bells as music when you spawn... I played arma 2 free before and it was in one of the servers... 

So this thread is where the stalky, Reddit-type members hang huh?

http://www.reddit.com/user/rocket2guns

"Agreed. I'm not sure if I will get this done in time, but my current plan is to revise our system of spawning in a player."

Since they are already working on the spawning in of players, I'd really like to see new spawnpoints. In fact, I much rather prefer to start inland. Go halfway from Kamenka to Zhelenogorsk. Make a line from west to east. Do the same for the eastern coast (like 2 kilometers inland). On those lines, players should spawn.

Reason being: The coast gives players a fixed point of focus to figure where exactly they are. Navigating yourself to some sweetspots is easy from the coast. Especially when you know right after spawn "Ah, Electro (or Cherno) is just 1 km that direction). 

Now imagine spawning inland, somewhere in the woods, or somewhere in a field. You have far more difficulties determining where you are at. You might choose to go east to figure out that you have reached the end of the map after 15 minutes of walking. Now that would be interesting.

Also, imagine how much more tension it brings if you get spawned on a night time server and all you can see is the darkness, the moon and the spawn.

Additionally, this would make cities like Cherno and Electro more valuable than a quick "gear up and head north" point. Your first real challenge is to actually reach them in one piece.

I have played DayZ on a russian server a couple of times in which you could spawn anywhere on the map and I just loved this feeling. I spawned inside the woods with a hatchet as starting gear. Actually, I made myself the story that I am a wood worker that woke up right after the zombie apocalypse. Not knowing where I was was really great and I was happy that I managed to find Zhelenogorsk after 40 minutes of going here and there without any idea of where I am at.

hardly new idea many have asked for this my take was you spawn at many locations in houses all over the map maybe waking up in bed or in a barn whatever. the more spawn locations around the map will be more interesting.

Sorry for not following every single thread in these forums. I am well aware that this idea might've come up before. Just thought I put it in here. Apologies.

• Like 3

Today I woke up. Had my coffee and cigarette, then this tune came and forced it self into my mind. I'm probably going crazy.. but.... but.... "I can feel it in my fingers/ I feel it in my toes/ Dayz is all around me/ And so the feeling grows". Though it might not be today, it'll happen soon.

• Like 4

hardly new idea many have asked for this my take was you spawn at many locations in houses all over the map maybe waking up in bed or in a barn whatever. the more spawn locations around the map will be more interesting.

Waking up in a house will be hard, you are unarmend and zombies are probably blocking the way out. As zombies do not spawn anymore, but stay constant on the servers, it changes the whole "spawning" subject. There have to be some kind of safe spots so the player does not get killed while spawning.

Military areas and areas with good loot should not have spawnpoints and should be guarded by a heavy amount of deadly zombies to prevent players from going there after spawn.

And if you can spawn everywhere, there has to be a system that detects if a player is near the spawnpoint. If yes, it should find another spawn point. This is to prevent weird situation that would seem like server hopping (for example: you clear a house, camp in there and suddenly someone kills you from behind with his bare hands).

Edited by Wayze

Waking up in a house will be hard, you are unarmend and zombies are probably blocking the way out. As zombies do not spawn anymore, but stay constant on the servers, it changes the whole "spawning" subject. There have to be some kind of safe spots so the player does not get killed while spawning.

Military areas and areas with good loot should not have spawnpoints and should be guarded by a heavy amount of deadly zombies to prevent players from going there after spawn.

And if you can spawn everywhere, there has to be a system that detects if a player is near the spawnpoint. If yes, it should find another spawn point. This is to prevent weird situation that would seem like server hopping (for example: you clear a house, camp in there and suddenly someone kills you from behind with his bare hands).

Overcomplicated, much simpler ways to overcome this. +you're thinking in terms of the mod, not the standalone.

Easy solution would be to just make the spawned player not be recognized by zombies for 30 seconds. Change out the player tag after 30 seconds. Easiest fix in the world, would take 10 seconds to implement.