SmashT

November Round-up

Anyone know if they've tested with 50+ people yet ?

As far as we know, it hasn't.

[–]rocket2gunsRocket 30 Punkte 2 Stunden zuvor

Agreed. Just today the finishing touches are being done on the new apartment buildings which are massive and fully enterable. We are actually a little concerned they have too many rooms, but that ship has sailed. These new residential areas around cherno are going to make it a very complex urban environment.

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/1qj4uu/can_chernarus_plus_bring_back_the_magic_of/

There is never enough room Rocket!

Can't wait to see cherno!

Edited by Florx
  • Like 5

They just did another update. Can't wait to see that player count spike again. Keep up the good work dudes!

Guys... Update 18 minutes ago.

http://steamdb.info/app/221100

EDIT: Didn't see you, Gonzo.

Personally I wouldn't really even pay attention to those updates, they could be anything, not necessarily even the game. I'd just look out for large scale tests!

• Like 1

Personally I wouldn't really even pay attention to those updates, they could be anything, not necessarily even the game. I'd just look out for large scale tests!

SteamDB Updates: Any steam change.

• client
  • server
  • store
  • community page
  • basic app info
  • contact information
  • graphical assets
  • workshop data
Edited by TIC321

Whoa, the traffic on the test server has picked up, it is at 7 players but this is much higher than some previous tests.

EDIT: Also a new build!

Edited by Dchil
  • Like 1

SteamDB Updates: Any steam change.

• client
  • server
  • store
  • community page
  • basic app info
  • contact information
  • graphical assets
  • workshop data

I know that's what I was saying?

Punching confirmed for the SA.

Man...I am gonna start a post apocalyptic thing that I mustn't talk about...

• Like 1

I will fist my way through...well that sounds awkward right now...

Happy slapping confirmed in SA

• Like 1

Haven't the bigger MP tests all been on Thursday?

Apparently they're just putting as much stuff into the game as possible atm, because the code is actually ready now. 

Let's pray to the holy rocket that his stuff works.

• Like 2

Apparently they're just putting as much stuff into the game as possible atm, because the code is actually ready now. 

Well Rocket has said a few times that the code is indeed good, but the performance isn't optimised to his liking.

Nope. You can look at the steamdb graph and see that they haven't even broken 29 players on a server at once yet. They need to fix performance to get the player level up to spec. They are going to add content later. Right now is optimization and debugging.

I suddenly had a bad feeling we wont see SA this year :(

Edited by Kumando

I suddenly had a bad feeling we wont see SA this year :(

I don't think there's any reason to jump to conclusions. The end of the year is Dean's deadline for alpha launch, and I'm sure they want to get it done before Christmas. At the long end I'm guessing a late November, early December release.

All in all, things seem bright. Even Hicks said the Standalone blows the mod right out of the water. It just needs some clean up and adjustment before it's really ready. I must say, in many ways this reminds me very much of the construction of the World's Fair in 1893...

Edited by SalamanderAnder
  • Like 1

I don't think there's any reason to jump to conclusions. The end of the year is Dean's deadline for alpha launch, and I'm sure they want to get it done before Christmas. At the long end I'm guessing a late November, early December release.

I dont seem to remenber him estabilishing a deadline.

Yea same or at least a few weeks I was so on the hype train hardcore in October and this month but I really lost faith. I can't believe how long it's been since the initial release almost a year ago kinda sad really this is a big bummer. It's like waiting a year for your first beach vacation in years then the week your supposed to leave it gets cancelled. Really knocks the wind out of your sails

New games are usually exciting but this one has trend into a real bummer it's a shame had a lot if potential I'm afraid to say I think A TON of people moved on and MAYBE grab it in a humble bundle years from now