SmashT

November Round-up

Woah woah lets keep this clean! Talk of tying people to tracks is a little inappropriate? 

• Like 2

Naysayers will be tied to the track of the hype train!

It's okay.  I blew up the tracks 20 minutes ago!  I am always one station ahead of the hype train!

Edited by Vindicator

Q: Can you shed some light upon widely adopted theory here that we shouldn't be expecting 'imminent' release until we see about a hundred people playing on test server?

I don't think we will bother testing above 50. If that happened it would not be planned. If no compounding FPS issues are experienced at 50 we know it scales well, and it means your average ArmA2 dedi server can hold 50 and a super-server could do more. Every time we break the ceiling on player numbers, we get excited too

I want to see Day Z on steam store today when I wake up as much as you do. But the quote above makes me think that they're going to test it with or close to 50 players before releasing and untill it happens, I do not see a reason to get on hype train. But if they don't need around 50 players to test it before release, then "choo choo!" is music to my ears.

I just don't want you guys get hyped for no reason. In the end, it has been you who gets kind of frustated/demoralized/sad. I care about you.

• Like 7

I want to see Day Z on steam store today when I wake up as much as you do. But the quote above makes me think that they're going to test it with or close to 50 players before releasing and untill it happens, I do not see a reason to get on hype train. But if they don't need around 50 players to test it before release, then "choo choo!" is music to my ears.

I just don't want you guys get hyped for no reason. In the end, it has been you who gets kind of frustated/demoralized/sad. I care about you.

this this and all this.

I do not see a reason to get on hype train. [...] I just don't want you guys get hyped for no reason. In the end, it has been you who gets kind of frustated/demoralized/sad. I care about you.

Although I do agree with what you say and I tried the same thing before, this train just seems to be unstoppable to me! ^_^

Edited by Tempus
  • Like 1

Name change on the Dev server, indicates a possible new build. but it is offline according to game tracker, but game monitor says it has 6 people (it also says 2 but that hasn't updated in 9 days).

http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/37.220.18.218:27016/

http://www.game-monitor.com/dayz_GameServer/37.220.18.218:27016/DayZ_Steam_Testing_Server_Rev._112189__only-.html

SmashT hasn't updated the OP today. Surely a sign that it's habbening today. No other explanation. Except of course SmashT wants to disappoint us  <_<

• Like 1

SmashT hasn't updated the OP today. Surely a sign that it's habbening today. No other explanation. Except of course SmashT wants to disappoint us  <_<

Note that he is in Australia. Which means that it could be any time between 1:30 to 4:30pm over here. If he does other work other than being rocket's secretary that means he could be at work. 

Although I do agree with what you say and I tried the same thing before, this train just seems to be unstoppable to me! ^_^

-snip-

*opens the brake valve cock on the last car, negating the purpose of an old black man running on the tops of cars to apply hand breaks*

And hype train stopped.  (I'm the fucking Neil Degrasse Tyson of trains sadly, stopped me from fully enjoying Unstoppable and Lone Ranger...as well as getting pissed off at some of the things in GTA 5)

its-happening-ron-paul-gif.gif

So some guy that you know wouldn't be on the dev team (would have a staff name) speculates, due to one guy on said staff not bothering to update a certain thread, that it is happening today, you suddenly rush to steam and post gifs?

We must be really desperate....or insane....

SmashT hasn't updated the OP today. Surely a sign that it's happening today. No other explanation. Except of course SmashT wants to disappoint us  <_<

So some guy that you know wouldn't be on the dev team (would have a staff name) speculates, due to one guy on said staff not bothering to update a certain thread, that it is happening today, you suddenly rush to steam and post gifs?

We must be really desperate....or insane....

Edited by Mazzar

Okay, i'm going with insane.

Okay, i'm going with insane.

I am just laughing my butt off. I hope I caused another 10 pages of insanity with my post, thanks to the support of Mazzar. I just find it hilarious that people here do not really need any valid reason to start the hype train again.

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Check Steam early access!

So many good games waiting to be played... D:

Edited by ApocalypseMaow
  • Like 1

I am just laughing my butt off. I hope I caused another 10 pages of insanity with my post, thanks to the support of Mazzar. I just find it hilarious that people here do not really need any valid reason to start the hype train again.

Everyone has rode the hype train at some point. Some have gone 1 stop, some are just getting on. Others Have never left, rocket is our driver, smashT the conductor, and the rest of the staff the maintenance people who rarely are mentioned.

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Check Steam early access!

112.jpg

This is what i think it'll look like

Edited by Mazzar
  • Like 1

112.jpg

This is what i think it'll look like

I hope it won't be 30usd, i could do 10usd but not 30 ATM

I hope it won't be 30usd, i could do 10usd but not 30 ATM

It will be $30 again after the sale, adventure park only has the -20% discount for a limited time