Reservoir

We look for the standalone?

Hello!
I have a couple of questions being new to the game. I was going to start my adventure on DayZ away, but wandering around the net, I read that brief released a standalone. Here .. I would like to know if I should buy ArmA 2 CO for DayZ, or wait for the StandAlone.

• Like 1

Want a pvp survival game? buy Arma 2 Co and Download DayZ, Want a zombie survival game with slight pvp aspect and loads of player interaction? Wait for Standalone

I'd wait ;)

• Like 6

Thanks for answers. I'll wait in the coming days. If you do not know nothing, I will buy ArmA 2 CO and start to play.

I'd probably buy ArmA II, but I'm impatient... xD

If you can wait and save your money then you might as well do that. If you really want to play right now, then go ahead and buy ArmA.

• Like 2

I'd probably buy ArmA II, but I'm impatient... xD

If you can wait and save your money then you might as well do that. If you really want to play right now, then go ahead and buy ArmA.

nah... you probably bought it years ago. you are even more impatient than you might think.

• Like 1

Want a pvp survival game? buy Arma 2 Co and Download DayZ, Want a zombie survival game with slight pvp aspect and loads of player interaction? Wait for Standalone

Aporis has no clue what he is talking about.

That being said, just wait.

• Like 1

Just wait. Any year now ©

Edited by ZlobaRUS54

I would get Arma 2 because remember that when the standalone does come out it isn't a complete game their wont be transport and a whole new set of bugs, alpha will be full of crazy bugs. Ill get the mod if I was you it still has lots of bugs but it is part if the joy of dayz. O and use the arma training for flying and getting used to the game don't want to waste hours of work for you to crash and burn

I'd wait for SA.

The mods for Arma 2 are in chaos and it's really not how it used to be.

Edited by Hosty

If you like a fun military simulator with amazing addons/mods, I'd buy Arma 2 combined operations.. There are lots of fun things to do and of course there are still serious servers around. I don't like ArmA 3 because of the futuristic theme, it's just that much of a letdown I probably won't play it unless they implement modern vehicles by default without mods.

Tho, if you don't have enough for SA when it comes out I'd wait.

pretty assumptious regarding the SA man, there will still be many arseholes - they've confirmed it enough themselves on these forums

pretty assumptious regarding the SA man, there will still be many arseholes - they've confirmed it enough themselves on these forums

I'm sure these "Arseholes" will be taken care of if this gets implemented.. And I hope it will!

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/101579-perma-identity-nickname-is-permanent-nickname-as-face-cover-face-conceal-nickname/

I'm sure these "Arseholes" will be taken care of if this gets implemented.. And I hope it will!

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/101579-perma-identity-nickname-is-permanent-nickname-as-face-cover-face-conceal-nickname/

yeah i saw that thread and i like the idea, but a wise man once said "bitches be bitches y'all" (his english wasn't great)

• Like 1

In case you havent read all the posts above and skipped to the bottom -

Might as well wait for the standalone at this point.

Best to wait at this point.   Save your money for the standalone.

Arma II is still pretty pricey for an old game  :P

/

I really want to get into Day Z too, but the standalone will be out soon.

The standalone is gonna have less kill on sight and bring back cooperation and comms...

Also people won't be able to hack anymore.

Edited by doser

I asked this same question a year ago when SA was going to come out Winter 2012/2013, so, no, don't wait. Esp because Arma 2 CO is pretty cheap and a ok game even without zombies (an ok game even without zombies, said the guy who owns every f'n game on Steam with Z or Dead in the title)

I'd get Arma2 and enjoy the DayZ mod.

We've been waiting for the standalone for a long time now, even if rocket said it'll be out next week I'd presume it'll be postponed for another 6 months.

:lol:

keep on make dream carebear guy

keep on make dream :thumbsup:  :ph34r:

Edited by KoS
  • Like 2