r4z0r49

DayZ Mod 1.8.0.3 Hotfix.

Looking good, looking good. :)

I really like the new additions and I would like to see more.

Brown nose hi R4ZOR49 love you 

• Like 1

Hows it look.

Much nicer although i did like the grass style strip:) but i could definitely get used to it as long as every fucker doesn't come and raid my little cabin in the woods over yonder which has been my home since mid last year.

• Like 1

I hate you, Amber.

Just kidding. Even though you're being mean to me all day. :(

Edited by kichilron
  • Like 2

hehe so mean Amber, poor Kichi

• Like 2

a quick question, whats going to happend with exising blodbags (left in inventory, tents,...) after patch

Edited by latz

a quick question, whats going to happend with exising blodbags (left in inventory, tents,...) after patch

They will be converted to O negative bags (universal, just with a blood type).

• Like 2

There we go straight from the dev doing the blood system :-)

• Like 1

thx

another thing, am I the only one who seems that hachet and crowbar have a wider range then, machete and bbat ?

I'm not up to date. Is there already a quick switch from and to melee weapon implemented? One of the biggest hassles of the mod imo is the cumbersome switching to the hatchet or whatever.

I'm not up to date. Is there already a quick switch from and to melee weapon implemented? One of the biggest hassles of the mod imo is the cumbersome switching to the hatchet or whatever.

yes it was brought in the last version.

I don't know about the coastline military roadblock; and the clutter there seems a bit intense. Why have roads at all if we can't even drive on them? In towns, I can understand, but outside of towns I'd imagine the roads would be much clearer, save for an occasional overturned truck or something.

As for the military tents being on the coast, I think it makes things a bit *too* accessible off the start. If there are military spawns right there on the coast, what reason would there be to eventually progress inland? The coast is already enough of a magnet for activity since it is the spawn zone.

Edit 1: The airfield is awesome, very nicely done.

The C130 crash is also nicely done, the buildings look pretty messed up (which is a good thing, since that was the desired intent I think).

The new Cherno buildings...Not sure about yet. I think they could work with how you've got them set up there, though.

The Dead Forest...I like the ambiance, but I think it's missing something. Some kind of sawmill building or something. Doesn't have to be expressly large or anything, but there are so many logs of sawn lumber, how'd they get there? Just the train cars?

Edited by armyantsrule

yes it was brought in the last version.

Glad to hear. How is it done? Mousewheel?

I don't know about the coastline military roadblock; and the clutter there seems a bit intense. Why have roads at all if we can't even drive on them? In towns, I can understand, but outside of towns I'd imagine the roads would be much clearer, save for an occasional overturned truck or something.

I always was annoyed by that excess of roadblocks. As if in a zombie apocalypse people would have nothing better to do than throwing their laundromats on the street. 

Some are plausible but overall I think it's too much and too random. Something like a military roadblock on the other hand is plausible and makes a cool scenery.

And imo it would make sense to put at least the majority of those POI more up north. Otherwise there's no incentive to go there.

• Like 1

It seems realistic to have a roadblock during a zombie apocalypse was happening with all the broken cars as well. Not all roads are clear. Perhaps there could be a possibility of a working vehicle spawned there or a vehicle that's mostly broken ;)

The military camp seems good and I don't mind it being along the coast since there's a base across Balota airfield which is relatively close to the coast as well and is nearby Chernogorsk. I just think the camp could be more along the SW coastline like near Kamenka.

My Interests in places with POI locations(will be edited if I find any more)

• Kamenka: Seems a lot of people don't like that location for the reason that there isn't anything to offer really, I think that place does deserve a POI but only to an extent.
  • Skalisty IslandCould have some sort of bridge connected to it and the island could inhabit more residential homes and perhaps a military checkpoint.
  • Rify: Around the shipwreck, perhaps there could be debris that could provide loot to indicate it was some sort of shipping freight. Maybe it could supply boxes with some food and tools?

Other ideas

• Freshly cooked meat could restore temperature.
  • Like how running could drain your hunger/thirst quickly, how about swinging melee weapons often? :)
  • Zombies an ability to eat corpses which could reduce the likelihood of retrieving gear back after death and possibly be better for server performance.
Edited by TIC321

What military camp do you guys talk about on the coast?

If its this one you guys are miles away its up north of the map.

Glad to hear. How is it done? Mousewheel?

mouse and action keys

It seems realistic to have a roadblock during a zombie apocalypse was happening with all the broken cars as well. Not all roads are clear. Perhaps there could be a possibility of a working vehicle spawned there or a vehicle that's mostly broken ;)

The military camp seems good and I don't mind it being along the coast since there's a base across Balota airfield which is relatively close to the coast as well and is nearby Chernogorsk. I just think the camp could be more along the SW coastline like near Kamenka.

My Interests in places with POI locations(will be edited if I find any more)

• Kamenka: Seems a lot of people don't like that location for the reason that there isn't anything to offer really, I think that place does deserve a POI but only to an extent.
  • Skalisty IslandCould have some sort of bridge connected to it and the island could inhabit more residential homes and perhaps a military checkpoint.
  • Rify: Around the shipwreck, perhaps there could be debris that could provide loot to indicate it was some sort of shipping freight. Maybe it could supply boxes with some food and tools?

Other ideas

• Freshly cooked meat could restore temperature.
  • Like how running could drain your hunger/thirst quickly, how about swinging melee weapons often? :)
  • Zombies an ability to eat corpses which could reduce the likelihood of retrieving gear back after death and possibly be better for server performance.

I never said roadbloackage was bad as a concept, I just don't think it should in full effect where there is no reason for it (ex: a deserted stretch of road well outside a town's limits). Inside a town makes sense, and makes a player think about how best to approach the situation - weave through town carefully, or try to find a way around it and bear the sometimes (very) slow offroad speeds, depending on the vehicle (car? Did someone say car? Bus?)

As for Kamenka, and the concept of a military checkpoint on the coast (this one's more of an issue to me than Kamenka), puting reasons for people to stay on the coast is a bad idea because it undermines any point in exploring further inland later in the game. All four hospitals are currently on the coast, meaning players need to go back there at some point for medical supplies (which is enough reason in itself, in my opinion), butwe don't need to further incentivise the coast while decentivise the inland areas.

I think Skalisty Island has enough reason to go there already, with at least one actual helicopter spawn (which is often present due to the island's relative inaccessibility), if not two. Add that to the fact it has a number of fishing pole spawns, and there is actually some reason to make the trek across the water. I think maybe, if one wanted to go so far as adding a few more small things to the island, some kind of building for loot spawns (perhaps a few small military tents on the southern tip of the island, in that smaller clearing), that might be good, but let's not go putting bridges and such everywhere. There are already enough modded servers with something like that in place.

As for Rify...Which I'm not sure I actually know where that is...If it's one of the large crashed container ships, I agree with having SOMETHING spawn around there, since those are clear objects in the game and adding something to make them worthwhile snooping around could be really engaging.

What military camp do you guys talk about on the coast?

If its this one you guys are miles away its up north of the map.

We were referring to this one, Razor:

Edited by armyantsrule

That's just a roadblock with 3 tents and a small bunker not sure how that class's as a military camp site but ok.

Well...Okay, perhaps military campsite was a bit of a strong reaction, but I think it was more "military spawn area". Somewhat like the four tents just north of Berezino could hardly be classified as a military camp site (being only four tents), but they still provide a fairly decent amount of medium-tier military loot.

Obviously the best stuff is still reserved for barracks and crash sites, but...I think my main concern was that it makes the coast even more of a hotzone than it already is.

1.8.1 will no longer have clients spawning loot.

Meaning loot can be controlled alot more so im really not worried.

• Like 3

I should explain some of the testers have already seen a big chance on loot and most of them have found there way into areas that would normally never see players.

even seen a few of the die due to hunger and being cold. Including myself i had to fight for 45/60 mins to keep myself alive no food no water low temp, bleeding yea it was pretty mad to say the least.

Again the testers can give you more info on this.