r4z0r49

DayZ Mod 1.8.0.3 Hotfix.

Quick issue - although I may have missed a fix through all these posts I've been reading.  It seems my server is locked to a specific date (Aug 3rd 2013).  I've triple checked the Hive settings as well as I've tried statically setting with no change.  All I can think of is that this is whats keeping the server on a full moon.  Is there a way I can change this?  Its keeping my server from getting dark earlier to match outside.

its in the hiveExt.ini file

your date is set to Static you could try Local

or Offset to match your timezone.

Edited by UK431Soul

I was just thinking of a few suggestions to the mod that'd be great to see sometime :) (This will be edited for additional ideas)

• Improvements to Unconsciousness: Higher chance of knocking someone unconscious with blunt melee weapons on the head (Crowbar, baseball bat), make the screen appear black/remove timer.
  • Add Fatigue: Depending on physical exertion (Sprinting non-stop, swinging melee weapons), there could be a possibility of passing out; almost like unconsciousness. for a longer time than being knocked out. Fatigue can be restored by sleeping in tents. Tents should become somewhat more common to find if this were to be planned) .. Drinking soda could give you some energy but limited; sleep is a must.
  • Possibility of adding "infected" crossbow bolts: With the new blood test system, I was thinking of a way to dip some crossbow bolts in a zombie's corpse and could be used to infect another person; symptoms of infection would gradually take time.
  • Improvements to Dehydration: Higher body temperatures means you'd become more thirsty.
  • Meat becoming rotten: Depending how long you have those items without proper refrigeration in an apocalyptic world, raw meat would spoil much faster than it is cooked. To determine whether it's rotten, you should be able to examine it. Eating rotten meat could result in imminent death.
  • Journal: Making it become more of an item than a replacement for the debug monitor. I'd like to see more of something such as "I encountered a large group of zombies" .. "Another survivor attempted to try to kill me, luckily I managed to turn the tide of the fight"
  • Flashlight: Should require batteries to function.
  • Throwing a grenade can be used to distract zombies by noise to a certain location, like how a smoke grenade does by sight.
  • Tactical Shield (Found at military bases); Can provide some protection depending on the caliber of the bullet such as 7.62x51mm from FN FAL could destroy the shield in about 10 shots, not sure about the damage from zombies.  (Example #1  ...   Example #2  ... Example #3)
  • (ALREADY IMPLEMENTED)Make Camp Fire Extinguish itself over time: You could add rags and other forms of cloth into the fire to make it last longer. Depending on the temperature in each location, the fire would extinguish much faster.
  • Zombies eating corpses = Bodies disappear
  • Being cold after awhile will make you shiver.
  • First Aid Kit: This could be placed along in hospitals and could yield basic medical supplies.
Edited by TIC321

-snip-

-Camp fires already extinguish themselves if you don't put more wood on it.

-Eating rotten meat wouldn't realistically result in "imminent death". Maybe a prolonged death with lots of sickness in between.

-First aid kits are basically the medical supply box we already have.

Edited by bad_mojo
  • Like 1

-Camp fires already extinguish themselves if you don't put more wood on it.

-Eating rotten meat wouldn't realistically result in "imminent death". Maybe a prolonged death with lots of sickness in between.

-First aid kits are basically the medical supply box we already have.

Didn't know about the camp fires :)

For the rotten meat, I just wanted something that could prove more of a risk than an infection that'd slowly kill you from full blood. I believe I read somewhere that food poisoning is possible?

First aid kids would be realistic to see in a hospital in my sense along with the supply box but should be reduced.

Edited by TIC321

I was just thinking of a few suggestions to the mod that'd be great to see sometime :) (This will be edited for additional ideas)

• Improvements to Unconsciousness: Higher chance of knocking someone unconscious with blunt melee weapons on the head (Crowbar, baseball bat), make the screen appear black/remove timer.
  • Add Fatigue: Depending on physical exertion (Sprinting non-stop, swinging melee weapons), there could be a possibility of passing out; almost like unconsciousness. for a longer time than being knocked out. Fatigue can be restored by sleeping in tents. Tents should become somewhat more common to find if this were to be planned) .. Drinking soda could give you some energy but limited; sleep is a must.
  • Possibility of adding "infected" crossbow bolts: With the new blood test system, I was thinking of a way to dip some crossbow bolts in a zombie's corpse and could be used to infect another person; symptoms of infection would gradually take time.
  • Improvements to Dehydration: Higher body temperatures means you'd become more thirsty.
  • Meat becoming rotten: Depending how long you have those items without proper refrigeration in an apocalyptic world, raw meat would spoil much faster than it is cooked. To determine whether it's rotten, you should be able to examine it. Eating rotten meat could result in imminent death.
  • Journal: Making it become more of an item than a replacement for the debug monitor. I'd like to see more of something such as "I encountered a large group of zombies" .. "Another survivor attempted to try to kill me, luckily I managed to turn the tide of the fight"
  • Flashlight: Should require batteries to function.
  • Throwing a grenade can be used to distract zombies by noise to a certain location, like how a smoke grenade does by sight.
  • Tactical Shield (Found at military bases); Can provide some protection depending on the caliber of the bullet such as 7.62x51mm from FN FAL could destroy the shield in about 10 shots, not sure about the damage from zombies.  (Example #1  ...   Example #2  ... Example #3)
  • Make Camp Fire Extinguish itself over time: You could add rags and other forms of cloth into the fire to make it last longer. Depending on the temperature in each location, the fire would extinguish much faster.
  • Zombies eating corpses = Bodies disappear
  • Being cold after awhile will make you shiver.
  • First Aid Kit: This could be placed along in hospitals and could yield basic medical supplies.

Improvements to Unconsciousness: - It's been worked on.

Add Fatigue: - Leaving this for SA

Possibility of adding "infected" crossbow bolts: - Could be added to crafting.

Improvements to Dehydration: - Being worked on with temp and new food/water system

Meat becoming rotten: - Leaving for SA due to limits.

Flashlight: - Leaving to SA

Make Camp Fire Extinguish itself over time: - Already happens.

First Aid Kit: - You cant add containers into containers so again leaving this to SA.

I thought you had access to the 1.8.1 test build. Shout next time your on ts

• Like 2

THIS UPDATE IS A SHIT!!!! ÜBERSOLDAT MOBS RUN AND POUNCH LIKE HELL. I RUN 3M BESIDE A MOB AND HE BROKE MY LAG!!! ITS A SHIT!!!

Member suspended.

Troll + insulting members.

• Like 4

Improvements to Unconsciousness: - It's been worked on.

Add Fatigue: - Leaving this for SA

Possibility of adding "infected" crossbow bolts: - Could be added to crafting.

Improvements to Dehydration: - Being worked on with temp and new food/water system

Meat becoming rotten: - Leaving for SA due to limits.

Flashlight: - Leaving to SA

Make Camp Fire Extinguish itself over time: - Already happens.

First Aid Kit: - You cant add containers into containers so again leaving this to SA.

I thought you had access to the 1.8.1 test build. Shout next time your on ts

I just wanted to post further ideas on here in case anything goes unnoticed. ;)

Edited by TIC321

Getting pretty close now to release 1.8.1 most of the bigger issues look fixed and the new reworked systems look alot better. Most of the frustrating issues should be addressed with the exception of the all important Zed issues.

If you think of anything else shout (with the exception of zeds).

• Like 4

Any possibility of removing an exploit to tents in water?

I also noticed the crossbow's a bit off on the sight; such as if you are aiming for the head on a zombie, the arrow will simply go over them. Will there be any adjustments to that at all?

Now we just need to figure out why car tires can be used on pedal bikes ;)

Edited by TIC321

Well we don't its just a config option :-) but i know what you mean lol :-)

The barbed bat I crafted had some misaligned crosshair circles.

Yea it happens on a few of the weapons a quick drop and pickup tends to fix it. I'm not 100% sure on what the cause is just now.

• Like 1

Just finished off the few attachments image wise(remember there are limits) and also finishing off the last bits of the infected camps to make sure players can collect the tents and camonets. 

Should be in the next 1.8.1

• Like 3

Hi,

I noticed a possible exploit when switching from primary to third weapon (or from third to primary) with the keybord shortcuts 1/2/3 :

- make sure you have a rifle and a melee weapon in your inventory

- equip the melee weapon with keybord "3"

- press very quickly "2" then "1"

=> you will instantly equip the primary weapon without the usual animation of the player dropping the melee and equiping the primary. And it allow to switch weapon while still running/walking (the usual animation stop player movement)

In a gun fight, it can be used to save some precious time and take an advantage over another player not aware of the trick...

Note: this only happens when switching between melee/primary or primary/melee, but it's not working when switching from a secondary weapon (gun) to primary/melee