MitchP

What would you like to see instead of heli crash's in SA?

As most of you know there are going to be no heli crashes in the Stand Alone. What do you think should be implemented instead?

I think it would be cool to have a 'gun house', or even a few of them that spawn in  random house's around Chernarus on the server restart. It would be the equalivent of a heli crash but inside a house! There would be no sign that it was a special house, you would have to just stumble across it. What do you guys think?

Maybe a car crash? Could have had some guys with military gear in or could have been your average Joe survivor with a couple of sodas and a pistol.

• Like 3

Thats a good idea! Imagine getting all excited about getting some good gear and then finding some pasta, hahaha. 

Think crashed cars/trucks should be the replacement for heli crashes.  A destroyed civilian ural or sedan would spawn on or near a road at random points and contain civilian loot.  Urals would have quite a bit of food or drink (Hostess truck).  Sedans might (low chance) have a civilian gun and/or some supplies (some simple medical stuff (mostly bandages) food water, ect).  Military crashes would be Military Urals or UAZs with a chance of weapons being in the crash debris as well as military supplies (canteens, MREs, ect).  Some zombies should be 'stuck' in the vehicles (seatbelts) but still have to be dispatched before getting the gear.

• Like 5

Thats a good idea! Imagine getting all excited about getting some good gear and then finding some pasta, hahaha. 

Pasta > anything else

• Like 3

Maybe a car crash? Could have had some guys with military gear in or could have been your average Joe survivor with a couple of sodas and a pistol.

Lost supply trucks.

Crashed in a ditch.

There should be blood on the back door handle and zombies tracking the general area.

It's a complete surprise what kind of stuff might spawn in the unmarked white box back truck.

It's also hard to get in quietly.

You have to decide whether or not the gamble is worth it.

You might grab a whole crate of beans.

Or you might find some old furniture, with a chance of a cardboard box with a rare antique gun, like on all those storage garage auction shows.

Maybe you'll find some sort of contractor company's truck and hit the tool jackpot.

Full tool kits for the whole crew.

• Like 2

Infected camps, cars/truck crashes, wrecked houses with the remains of a survivors group (I mean, the houses are always there, just pick any house of the game. But inside theres a chance some dead bodys in a really gore way will spawn with some loot that may indicate they were survivors. Some sort of an infected camp but inside houses not woods).

Random car/vehicle crashes and places where it looks like other survivors and holed up for a period of time (barricaded house, camp etc.) - these could provide a low/medium 'level' of gear whereas the chopper crashes and other military spawns could remain for the military spawns.

Edit:

I'd like to make it more clear - I think we should also keep the chopper crash sites although make them significantly rarer - I feel they are a pretty iconic part of DayZ along with beans and the trusty hatchet.

Edited by Rossums
  • Like 3

I'd love if the helicrashes would actually happen during the game and not spawn at the start like they do right now. Imagine everyone seeing a heli flying around then trying to follow it hoping it would crash somewhere close.

• Like 4

I'd love if the helicrashes would actually happen during the game and not spawn at the start like they do right now. Imagine everyone seeing a heli flying around then trying to follow it hoping it would crash somewhere close.

A plane with burning engine might be more dramatic.

Unless they had a really realistic crash animation with breaking blades the body being thrown around on the ground by the blades.

Maybe the plane could dump the cargo like on that episode of spongebob in a last ditch effort to help humanity survive the infection before a fiery end.

It could be a bit much but I'd love a really rare chance of finding a crashed C-130 cargo plane, with a load of dead bodies, but maybe mostly survivor ones because it was an evac plane. There could be two or three soldiers with good loot, and maybe even a destroyed Ural or something with salvagable parts. Like I say, could be extremely overpowered, but if it was super rare maybe not.

• Like 1

It could be a bit much but I'd love a really rare chance of finding a crashed C-130 cargo plane, with a load of dead bodies, but maybe mostly survivor ones because it was an evac plane. There could be two or three soldiers with good loot, and maybe even a destroyed Ural or something with salvagable parts. Like I say, could be extremely overpowered, but if it was super rare maybe not.

I don't know if it was part of the mission or if that was an actual scripted plane crash. I found a crashed C-130 near the NEAF in Sahrani with some loot inside...

car crash maybe but milatary gear ? why ?

just because someone cashed doesnt mean they have rocket launchers and satchel charges in there boot.

maybe a shotgun or rifle with a couple of bullets. if crashed theyare probably trying to escape so more than likely wont have had weapons and just the bare basics in the car like food and water.

Edited by dgeesio
  • Like 2

random event C130 flys over that pops flares and then drops a care package via parachute..

C130 is not able to be shoot down of course..

care package falls to earth slow enuf so people looking up can see its headed to ground somewere..

presto-chango. reason for people to head towards it.

• Like 2

car crash maybe but milatary gear ? why ?

just because someone cashed doesnt mean they have rocket launchers and satchel charges in there boot.

maybe a shotgun or rifle with a couple of bullets. if crashed theyare probably trying to escape so more than likely wont have had weapons and just the bare basics in the car like food and water.

Maybe they was from the military and was driving to the most effected area?

Standard/Military Car Crash.

Abandoned Camp/Military Camp/Supply stash.

Small-Medium scale dead non-player bodies (civilian/military/medical) (could have been from bandits or offing themselves/eachother)

I think variety is key.

• An overturned truck (lorry for British readers), with a chance to find a decent supply of food.
  • A crashed car with a variety of low end gear.
  • Crashed jeeps and vans from foreign military and news crews respectively. The military vehicles would have decent weapons in them, though picking them up would mean you would run out of ammo until you found another similar value site. The news vans could contain lore items and electronic components which would be useful for crafting, maybe even bateries or chargers to keep your NVGs going.

I agree completely that crashed helicopters are iconic to DayZ and should make a come back. They should contain weapons with limited ammo of course, medical supplies as ever, they should be a lot rarer. Some people may remember reading my post where I (and others) suggested that sometimes the map, GPS etc have notes written on them directing you to such crash sites, so sometimes these crashes would be exciting hot spots.

The thing I enjoy most about this discussion is all the potential. If done well the random nature would mean that you would never quite know what to expect when you log on. People have also been talking about Dean's idea for ultra rare items. I think this all adds up to DayZ being 'your story'. 

• Like 1

Back when I was a kid and went on vacations, we'd take our bicycles and roam the treeline/hills looking for mg nests/bunkers. It was almost full of them and we'd manage to get into every one we found, since we could get in from the front opening, and in one case when we found a door locked with a padlock, one hit with an old pocketknife broke it, it was old and rusty. There was no loot, just old crates full of lizards and spiders, mg stands, and if lucky some empty shells.

I'd love it if small mg bunkers/nests were implemented with a small chance of military loot. Obviously they'd need to be really hard to spot, especially from a distance. Maybe they could function like helicrashes do, random spawn chance on restart, but not in open fields like helicrashes, in the woods, on hills and other places with elevated position.

• Like 1

Something I call 'The Huntsmans Cache'. An extremely rare random spawn deep in the forest containing a very prized weapon. Perhaps

a bag suspended by rope from a tree.

• Like 1

• rusty, burnt and destroyed Armored personel carries, like BMP 2's that would have loot around it on Dead chernarussian soldiers.

A crashed military UAZ with loot inside, and maybe some wheels popped if its in wilderness. loot inside it.

Crashed Mi 8/17's and zombies around it, includes alot more loot than these previous ones.

Small self made army camp with small tents would be nice.

• Like 1

Whats wrong with Heli's to begin with?  Dont see the need to take them out.  Was really hoping they would just build on it and add other crash sights in.

Heli's, cars, convoys, military outposts\"safe"zones.. the possibilities are endless.

I think they had a good idea with the infected survivor camps but the loot at them is way too bunk to waste your time with.

Dont remove and completely change good things, add on and improve them to make them great imo.

• Like 1

Back when I was a kid and went on vacations, we'd take our bicycles and roam the treeline/hills looking for mg nests/bunkers. It was almost full of them and we'd manage to get into every one we found, since we could get in from the front opening, and in one case when we found a door locked with a padlock, one hit with an old pocketknife broke it, it was old and rusty. There was no loot, just old crates full of lizards and spiders, mg stands, and if lucky some empty shells.

I'd love it if small mg bunkers/nests were implemented with a small chance of military loot. Obviously they'd need to be really hard to spot, especially from a distance. Maybe they could function like helicrashes do, random spawn chance on restart, but not in open fields like helicrashes, in the woods, on hills and other places with elevated position.

What kind of vacations did you take lol?