TheMachine

You NEED bandits like me

[insert title]

What do you mean bandits like "you"?

What do you do that makes you different.

I think you need more bandits like me, the kind that will rob you and leave you with a empty gun and a little food to start over, or that type that does "forced deals".

A little story was along a road somewhere me and a friend stopped a car on the side of the road, to the left of the road where some trees and hills so he hid in the forest in his gillie suit and got his sniper out.

When a passer by walked up to the car I popped up behind it from a shotgun, while pointing it at him I asked him if he wanted to trade, he said no.

My friend and I where on private chat and I gave him permission to fire warnings when I give the Signal, I told him "You wouldn't want to leave now".

*A shot fires near his foot*

After we traded some items, he was really "generous" so he gave me some things, except I wanted something and he didn't, he told me he was going to leave, I said fine, walk away slowly or you will be shot on sight. He began walking away and I shot him in the back of the head.

Ahh, good times.

Haha - I love encounters like this.

When someone properly gets the jump on you and you don't realise it until the last second then the penny finally drops and you're all 'Ahhh, fuck' - it then normally involves trying to sweet talk the people you were about to leave looking like swiss cheese and you are at their complete mercy.

+1

two masai wearing red cloak and carry each one spear

the warriors walk together across African grassland

is family of lions sleep in shade of tree, shelter from hot sun, one lion wake up and see the 2 masai

the lion stands up and make sound, other lions wake up, see what is problem

lions know what is masai, he is hunt lions for millions of years, always come with red cloak and spear and always kill lion

lions move away, give masai room

they know what is man

man is animal and #1 predator of the planet

I know we make our self separate from nature but we still animal ;)

we have instinct of predator

society does good job to train us and make this animal tame most time

not all time, prisons are full with guys who don't get tame ;)

stop society stop taming of man, man going back to predator in no time, same like cat born in forest no human to make tame :rolleyes:

is fantasy think all humans try living side by side

we have neighbour kill neighbour now with punish system and police

take away this, watch animal return and put also crazy guys and psychopaths we have orgy of murder and death for sure

some gangs exist now, have leader, have guns, have territory, have loyalty

you think they don't start to take best womans and kill all man who is threat after apocalypse :D

you guys pray to the god who isn't there 'please no apocalypse' because you have big shock coming :o

we are bandits, we come in many shape some rob some kill on sight some do other way

our play style represent those guys, the killers who EXIST, the gangs who EXIST the humans who society don't tame

we are the wild humans and we make dayz REAL horror game experience for you

and we doing this for pure pleasure :thumbsup:  :ph34r:

Edited by KoS
  • Like 1

OK, keep the tone civil guys.  Honestly, some of you are so full of rage about the littlest issues.  I've never killed a single player while playing DayZ since July 2012 but I don't hate anyone just because they're a bandit.  Life's too short for all that anger.

As long as people are having fun that's what counts. :thumbsup:

• Like 4

Haha - I love encounters like this.

When someone properly gets the jump on you and you don't realise it until the last second then the penny finally drops and you're all 'Ahhh, fuck' - it then normally involves trying to sweet talk the people you were about to leave looking like swiss cheese and you are at their complete mercy.

+1

Hmmm, I'll try another method next time, I'm going to do a deal for an AKM i saw with a player not long ago, he'll be "Really eager" to swap his AKM and all it's ammo for my Makarov without rounds.

:ph34r:

For some reason KoS you remind me of this dude...

Edited by LancerG2
  • Like 1

Hmmm, I'll try another method next time, I'm going to do a deal for an AKM i saw with a player not long ago, he'll be "Really eager" to swap his AKM and all it's ammo for my Makarov without rounds.

:ph34r:

For some reason KoS you remind me of this dude...

we are cut from same cloth for sure ;)

Unlocked.

Please keep the discussion(s) civil.

Edited by Inception.
  • Like 3

is fantasy think all humans try living side by side

Maybe news to you but the majority do.

The bad men will die because groups of men with higher ideals will destroy them.

Bad people are the minority and always will be while men willing to protect each other, their families and friends exist.

Your dreaming.

Again.

Edited by Shoodbworkin
  • Like 1

Maybe news to you but the majority do.

The bad men will die because groups of men with higher ideals will destroy them.

Bad people are the minority and always will be while men willing to protect each other, their families and friends exist.

Your dreaming.

Again.

first post and you target me and claim I dream again??? :D

is maybe second account troll??? :huh:

bad men don't die out

bad men run world pre apocalypse

is psychopath guys who get to top of business and politik because they don't have restriction like conscience

after apocalypse this is double because they don't worry for get caught

you are naïve and maybe troll

Edited by KoS

I agree that DayZ needs bandits - but i think a little imagination goes a long way.

Snipers sitting on high ground killing newbies isn't being a bandit.

EDIT - and if this thread doesn't remain civil we will have to lock it up, like a hostage.

Edited by DemonGroover
  • Like 4

I agree that DayZ needs bandits - but i think a little imagination goes a long way.

Snipers sitting on high ground killing newbies isn't being a bandit.

This is true. You don't need to have skill or tactics or be the best shot but a little bit of imagination at least makes it interesting. Standard kos is just boring for both sides. Sniping/killing newspawns is just too damn easy and requires no thought and adds virtually nothing to the game except giving the victim a chance at spawning away from the supposed 'bandit'.

I'm not against but when it happens i just sigh and go..ugh, how exciting was that encounter, enjoy my flares. 

• Like 5

in post apocalypse all of human worse side is coming out ;)

prisons empty all killer rapist animals :o

psychopath stop pretend and come out from hide :D

guys don't worry no more for police or punish :P

MURDER EVERYWHERE > :(

and these sick bastards will KILL ON SIGHT NO THINK!!!

don't pretend all humans try live peace way no fight

killing for food, for water for house for hell of it

KILL KILL KILL is what life no order is going to be and we make this shit real IN DAYZ B)

is our gift for you, no thanks need just keep coming and keep catching bullets and please do not stop raging in direct

FEED THE BEAST!!!

*facepalm*... Do you have an idea of how the world works, OTHER than this dark and pessimistic view that is extremely outrageous and unrealistic? Sure, you're right. There will be psychopaths. There's gonna be murder and killing and evil and death. But there's gonna be good people either way. People have a good side, believe it or not. They aren't all these terrible people you apparently think they are. The good people will ALWAYS outweigh the bad, and that's a fact. I don't care what research or 'knowledge' you wanna try and drop on me to debunk it.

The reason DayZ brings out the worst in people is because it's a VIDEO GAME. You can be this tough and evil thug bad-ass all you want in the game, and when you die doing something morally wrong? You just hit the exit button and reconnect to doing evil things. In real life? Well... I don't know what values you hold as a person or what your regards for human life are and personally I don't care at all. But fact of the matter is that 99%... no, 99.9% (I'd even be willing to risk money on 100%) of kill on sight players would NOT have the same attitude that they have in-game if shit really hit the fan. I don't care how 'tough' or 'badass' they think they are. Most of them don't even know what the real world is like and would be crying in the corner like a baby without breast-milk.

Sure. DayZ will always be a video game, and I understand that. It isn't real life. But I'm not gonna morally sit here and read the facts that you're throwing out and not say anything. It goes against every fiber of my moral values as a person not to. I'm just gonna simply say that you're wrong. And humanity forbid there ever actually be an apocalypse, I hope there's more people like me that would actually do the right thing instead of turn on and betray his fellow man and women like cowards.

/epic speech

-snip-

I'm also gonna be laughing up a storm when people like you are whining on these forums because the zombies are too 'OP' and that you can't kill anyone because they keep killing you. I'm also gonna laugh when you can't seem to find enough ammo to even do some casual target practice and you're on here crying about loot rates.

You'll be of the special breed of person that never transitions from the mod to the standalone, merely because it's too hard. But you'll shrug it off as the SA being too buggy or some other lame excuse. Argue all you want, that's my prediction.

-EDIT-

I tried to keep it as civil as possible.

Edited by OfficerRaymond
  • Like 5

i still have to meet a good shot on the coast..always kids full of bullets to waste..i loot cherno like they aren't there and go away in my bushes with almost no trouble..just be sure to bleed out in cover to go back to your body.

i still have to see a sniper on the coast who changes position after some shots.

i still have to see someone who knows what MOUT is, you turn around the firestation and the guy is done.

i still have to see a player good at shooting something which doesn't have my balls attached or a 30 rounds mag, and i don't mention pistols or melee weapons.

i've died hundreds of times and i still have to kill a guy without talking to him,

i've won dozens of firefights starting from behind, shot first by players who can stand dayz only by the fps point of view: i shoot everyone so i don't shit my pants.

i'm still a hero and beware guys, carry your morphine cause i go for the legs and it's a long crawl to bere.

• Like 1

Guess we're playing a different game then, buddy, because I don't remember the last time a zombie done anything but annoy me while I'm sniping in elektro. 

I snipe in elektro because that's where people go, NWAF is empty. And it's very amusing to kill someone who can't fight back.

My only wish is that SA lets us do interesting things, like capture people and drain their blood, perhaps even keep them tied up as human blood bags. That'd stop me killing on site for sure, but it must be interesting.

I have a dream, a URAL, 10 players in the back, bound and gagged, hog tied. I ride around the coast syphoning off their blood to help needy survivors. I then capture those survivors and add them to the mobile blood bank. 

Please don't buy the SA, i don't rate people who lay on their "Belly" and snipe and have the hide to call themselves a bandit (Pfft please)

ImpliedFacepalm.jpg

Edited by Conkykillz
  • Like 3

*facepalm*...

The reason DayZ brings out the worst in people is because it's a VIDEO GAME. You can be this tough and evil thug bad-ass all you want in the game, and when you die doing something morally wrong? You just hit the exit button and reconnect to doing evil things. In real life? Well... I don't know what values you hold as a person or what your regards for human life are and personally I don't care at all. But fact of the matter is that 99%... no, 99.9% (I'd even be willing to risk money on 100%) of kill on sight players would NOT have the same attitude that they have in-game if shit really hit the fan. I don't care how 'tough' or 'badass' they think they are. Most of them don't even know what the real world is like and would be crying in the corner like a baby without breast-milk.

That used to be my debate point as well. 

For some reason people seem to think that the moment everything goes to shit that there will be a million guns on the street with bad dudes killing every thing that moves, laughing aloud and eating babies while playing death metal anthems. Sure, shit probably isn't going to be pretty for a while and there always those that take advantage of a bad situation, but really..not going to happen. It isn't like we are going to devolve into some caveman mentality and ugh thug club everyone, drooling and throwing cats and dogs around for shits and giggles.

Well the majority of us aren't anyway ;)

• Like 2

Guess we're playing a different game then, buddy, because I don't remember the last time a zombie done anything but annoy me while I'm sniping in elektro. 

ohhhhh. we got a internet badass here...

hahaah... sniping in Electro is basicly EVERYTHING thats wrong with dayz..

welcome to being part of the problem and being proud of it to boot.. haahahah

• Like 3

Why used to? It's still a very good point. Don't give up hope on it, no matter how much more ignorant people get!

• Like 1

For some reason people seem to think that the moment everything goes to shit that there will be a million guns on the street with bad dudes killing every thing that moves, laughing aloud and eating babies while playing death metal anthems. Sure, shit probably isn't going to be pretty for a while and there always those that take advantage of a bad situation, but really..not going to happen. It isn't like we are going to devolve into some caveman mentality and ugh thug club everyone, drooling and throwing cats and dogs around for shits and giggles.

Well the majority of us aren't anyway ;)

It's a very dark world that some here inhabit.  I feel pity for anyone with such a pessimistic opinion of humanity.  I don't know what their parents did to them, but your reason is lost on them.

;)

• Like 3

Why used to? It's still a very good point. Don't give up hope on it, no matter how much more ignorant people get!

It's a very dark world that some here inhabit.  I feel pity for anyone with such a pessimistic opinion of humanity.  I don't know what their parents did to them, but your reason is lost on them.

;)

That's why ;)

• Like 1

That's why ;)

Honestly I think it's optimism that gets many people (including myself) through life every day. Seeing hope for people that are just so damn ignorant. No matter if they're going to change or not, as long as you keep some form of hope for them, maybe it'll happen. Maybe if I buy a lottery ticket I'll win, there's always that slim chance you can choose to take.

Even when you bring them down and point out their stupidity and they continue on, at least have a thought that says they'll change. I think that's why I got into working in corrections. I handle some of the smartest and dumbest people on the planet that made the dumbest of decisions. No matter their attitude, you never know what they could accomplish in the future. A man could live as an animal for the rest of his life and either die evil, or accomplish wonders. Maybe a murderer/rapist could cure cancer one day... who are we to say? Even though the mere thought of such a presumption is enough to make many peoples assholes pucker like they were under a mistletoe.

If you want to snipe and KoS why not play ArmA??? *face desk*

• Like 1

If you want to snipe and KoS why not play ArmA??? *face desk*

Because he'll die and cry about people being too good.

• Like 2

Ah, the old KOS discussion. Time to say the same things I say every time this argument happens on these forums.

Once you've played the mod for a long time, it can be quite boring to do anything but KOS. There are not a lot of survival aspects, eating and drinking every hour isn't survival. The PVP in this mod is like no other, and can be very entertaining.  Snipers in Elektro also provide a sense of fear when looting, and make the game more interesting. Once you're fully geared and you don't feel like bloodbagging people only for them to murder you, killing people can be a fun option. Also sniping in Elektro can be fun if you're bored, don't bash on it till you try it.

Being a "Bandit" is fine, laying on your Belly taking pot shots at people 500 mtrs away just for Laughs is a "Dog Act". So if you lay on your belly up on a hill for hours popping people off No you are not a BANDIT there is NO SKILL involved, No thrill of the chase, No hunting, Stalking, Out witting, you are just some poor little sod with out a FUCKING clue

• Like 1

Sniping in electro tut tut :P....get ur ass up to NWA and play with the big boys. People saying that NWA is empty are obviously running in and out so fast....theres always someone up there. And (although im friendly most of the time) when I do want a battle id rather have one against a well geared group up north, and acctualy take some fire. as apposed to wasting ammo on the coast sniping bambis and stroking my ego about it :P

• Like 4