SmashT

October Round-up: #DayZDaily

It's whenever the game clears the submission process.

There is no submission process, it will be released whenever the devs decide to push it out. Ok, that's not entirely accurate but unlike lengthy console certifications, Steam is a relatively straightforward process. There is also less to go through as DayZ is not a go-live title, it's early access. Regardless Steam isn't holding back the game being released, it will be released on a date the devs have decided on.

Edited by SmashT

There is no submission process, it will go live whenever the devs decide to push it out.

THEN DO IT!!!!!!

There is no submission process, it will go live whenever the devs decide to push it out.

Then why Rocket says Steam release is complicated and time consuming?

If you've followed the development, you'd know Rocket says a lot of things than retracts and says something else.  It's not an uncommon practice for him...

• Like 1

He didn't.  He said the administration of a release is time consuming.  That could mean anything from legal matters to paying the right people I guess.

Halloween release or 5th of november imminent!

• Like 1

As long is it does actually get released, I can wait a little longer.

Halloween release or 5th of november imminent!

Hehe, yes let's just keep pushing back our hopeful release date for another 2 years! Jk, I hope it'll be Nov 5 actually, it does seem probable. As for Halloween, I'd think twice about it.

This.^

I'm afraid this is the kind of talk that makes it never actually release.

• Like 1

Not really, what makes the game never release is if BI shuts the project down or goes bankrupt.

• Like 2

What a load of nonsense.

I am not personally developing the game, whether I can wait or not has no bearing on the potential release of the Standalone.

I'd rather they release a proper stable build rather than rush it out to satiate the whiners - it will be released when it's ready to be released..

If you've followed the development, you'd know Rocket says a lot of things than retracts and says something else.  It's not an uncommon practice for him...

And if you'd follow the community, you'd know that they say things that are vitriolic, baseless, and uninformed.

So I went to look at servers for DayZ Overwatch. Man, depressing. 1000 vehicles, more barracks than you can shake a stick at, self-bloodbag, custom loadouts. Do people really not see the error in this? Sure, it might be popular, but so is a lot of dumb stuff.

In DayZ, you cannot ever experience the concept of "plenty". It is, by definition, non-apocalyptic and non-survivalist. It just bastardizes the experience into something else that is profoundly not DayZ.

I get that, yes, it's a mod and I don't have to play it. Also, I get that whole "freedom" of choice thing. But this isn't DayZ, it just isn't. It's something else. Likewise, it saps a potential playerbase away from the mod. With SA, I really hope it stays un-moddable for a while or indefinitely and that the server settings are modest. Normally I'm a pretty big proponent of modding, but there is a detrimental effect that happens when too much is done to an experience.

Edited by Katana67
  • Like 6

So I went to look at servers for DayZ Overwatch. Man, depressing. 1000 vehicles, more barracks than you can shake a stick at, self-bloodbag, custom loadouts. Do people really not see the error in this? Sure, it might be popular, but so is a lot of dumb stuff.

In DayZ, you cannot ever experience the concept of "plenty". It is, by definition, non-apocalyptic and non-survivalist. It just bastardizes the experience into something else that is profoundly not DayZ.

I get that, yes, it's a mod and I don't have to play it. Also, I get that whole "freedom" of choice thing. But this isn't DayZ, it just isn't. It's something else. Likewise, it saps a potential playerbase away from the mod. With SA, I really hope it stays un-moddable for a while or indefinitely and that the server settings are modest.

Oh god I hope so too. Overwatch did give me quite a boost in frames, which is why i played it for the most part, but all-in-all I've just given up on DayZ until SA.

Every server is pretty much spawning people with weapons, or PvP, but Battle Royale is pretty neat too.

CS:GO keeps me going though :I So I'm sticking with that for time being.

Edited by RawR_Rampancy

I get that, yes, it's a mod and I don't have to play it. Also, I get that whole "freedom" of choice thing. But this isn't DayZ, it just isn't. It's something else. Likewise, it saps a potential playerbase away from the mod. With SA, I really hope it stays un-moddable for a while or indefinitely and that the server settings are modest. Normally I'm a pretty big proponent of modding, but there is a detrimental effect that happens when too much is done to an experience.

Couldn't have summed it up better.

It saddens me to see the mod's development seemingly worked on for the minority of the player base. There have been too many tears over the last year or so, and I hope to mighty God himself that there wont be any pussy-footing catering to anyone who can't find a mag or some beans in the first 5 minutes in Standalone.

• Like 4

221100? As it can't be Nov 22nd 2000, Can it be 22:11:00 of today?!?! #speculationisalifestyle

• Like 2

Whats the benefit of releasing it at Halloween, seriously? I never got that, besides being some symbolic release yes it would fit the theme though they won't benefit from it. Also the steam DB values getting changed means literally nothing, it happens everyday with various games. I think you're all just hoping but not one statement was based on a fact. rocket himself probably doesn't know a release date yet. For all we know it could be released tomorrow or in 2014. I expect to see this hype again around christmas so don't let me down, lol.

My bet for release is next year March not a week earlyer.

Most likely even later.