SmashT

October Round-up: #DayZDaily

Looks like ARMA 2 with higher quality player models to me...

I tend to agree.

Perhaps. Though not many people have seen ARMA 2 on full whack, because of its absolutely disgusting optimization. Even more so for DayZ.

Edited by sabre05

Reminds Arma 3 more than Arma 2.

this.

in all the screenshots and devblogs i've seen of the SA recently literally everyone has an M4. is it gonna be that easy to get hold of military-grade weapons? if so, i'm mega disappointed. i thought they were gonna be super-rare and that we'd have to make do with much more 'household' grade weapons. i'm hoping that currently everyone has one because it's the only weapon they've made all the attachments work with and that it's gonna be pretty dang rare. 

I guess you say that because it has the ARMA 3 sky.

in all the screenshots and devblogs i've seen of the SA recently literally everyone has an M4. is it gonna be that easy to get hold of military-grade weapons? if so, i'm mega disappointed. i thought they were gonna be super-rare and that we'd have to make do with much more 'household' grade weapons. i'm hoping that currently everyone has one because it's the only weapon they've made all the attachments work with and that it's gonna be pretty dang rare. 

The only gun currently in the game for alpha is the M4.  They will add more later.

Edited by Zero3ffect

The only gun currently in the game for alpha is the M4.  They will add more later.

Indeed, also they upped the spawn rate on the guns (for the public show anyway) or just console command give M4s to test them, their functionality, the hit boxes etc.

Mmmmm, I definitely  saw an AK model in several devblogs. (before it was cancelled)

Edited by ZlobaRUS54
  • Like 2

Mmmmm, I definitely  saw an AK model in several devblogs. (before it was cancelled)

They have apparently done a lot of the models but they aren't implementing them into the game until they've completely fleshed out the attachments system using the M4 as a base.

it is the first gun that got all the attachments,,.not the only gun that will be in the SA  :facepalm:   we have seen the new Ak as well for example

I don't disagree with you. I think it's just fatigue caused by the "industry" right now. I'm not interested in big titles or quality of trailers;

I read big titties there  :lol:

it is the first gun that got all the attachments,,.not the only gun that will be in the SA  :facepalm:   we have seen the new Ak as well for example

The M4 is the only gun that is going to be in the initial alpha.  It was said somewhere but I don't feel like looking for the quote.  It might have been in a devblog... who knows.

I wonder how DayZ Standalone would have fared in this years Golden Joysticks?

Edited by dvsilverwing

The M4 is the only gun that is going to be in the initial alpha.  It was said somewhere but I don't feel like looking for the quote.  It might have been in a devblog... who knows.

I hope not. Would kind of destroy the importance of this weapon. Dean said himself it will be "f*cking rare" (if I recall it right), and if everyone is running around with a M4, well then it won't be anything special later on.

I was curious about this as well. I remember them talking in the past that they would be EXTREMELY difficult to find. My guess is, they are doing a lot of testing and that's why everyone is running around with one now, but when SA come out, they will be really rare.

My question is this: Since they were able to move the DayZ assets to ARMA 3 so easily (cereal, money, etc.) does that mean that items from ARMA 3 can be moved into DayZ with ease? 

I hope not. Would kind of destroy the importance of this weapon. Dean said himself it will be "f*cking rare" (if I recall it right), and if everyone is running around with a M4, well then it won't be anything special later on.

It's an alpha, it is all about testing things.  Besides that, they can easily wipe the hive and reset everyone whenever they want.

• Like 1

Tree models are way better. Not just the sky but the lighing is way better. Those advanements are the main reason why Arma 3 looks also good but DayZ isn't probably that advanced.

Tree models are way better. Not just the sky but the lighing is way better. Those advanements are the main reason why Arma 3 looks also good but DayZ isn't probably that advanced.

You must play the mod on really low settings because those tree models are exactly the same as ARMA 2.  I know they are suppose to be using the ARMA 3 lighting system but I haven't really seen it in any of the screenshots.  Check out the link below of Chernarus ported to ARMA 3 and you will notice how much the SA screenshot looks like ARMA 2.

http://www.pcgamesn.com/dayz-s-chernarus-has-been-imported-arma-3-looks-really-nice

There are rumors that there has been a very short early access sale on Steam yesterday.

pic-9706.jpg

pic-9707.jpg

http://www.onlinewelten.com/games/dayz/news/standalone-version-angeblich-kurzzeitig-steam-erhaeltlich-early-access-start-ende-oktober-123772/

I will try to translate the article later.

Fakers gonna fake?

What?! Veroffentlicht means published. The date is October 28. Is this the release?? Damn you Germany!!!!!!!!

On the post of onlinewelten, they say that the DayZ-Early-Acces-Version has been shortly avialble/visible in the steam client and only a limited amount of keys has been avialble, for 12.99€.

Other people say that they've also seen the DayZ-Early-Acces-Version on steam.

Also they tell about the renaming  of ValveTestApp221100 Early Access to DayZ Early Access to Steam Sub 18843 and that Rocket doesn't want to tell about what exactly is going on, only that the development is running smooth.

How much truth is behind it? You decide :D. I'm gonna buy me a Paysafe card now, just in the case...

srKK9nY.jpg

• Like 16

On the off chance that picture was real, damn, $19.99 is a very reasonable price to be asking for this game! 12.99 on Early Release sale, even better. (On Steam 1 Euro = 1 USD, right?).

Edited by dvsilverwing