kichilron

How Vilayer reacts to customers these days.

Hello everyone,

just to point this out before all the hate floods at us - this isn't anything about personal revenge, I just want to point out how Vilayer thinks about us here on the forums and how their customersupport treats their customers. I'm just going to leave the quotes here without saying much else but: You really should think about getting a server with vilayer these days.

Hello VILayer,

I don't know what happened but there has been a point where it was nice having a DayZ-Server from Vilayer, as they were actually running smoothly and the support was quick. But these days where the rules actually allow a certain degree of customisation even on Public-Hive there's only one thing left to say: Vilayer is not an option anymore. I have had contact with DayZ-Developer R4Z0R49 and he says that it's actually okay and - like the past showed us - necessary that Server-Admins have control over their serverfiles. Basic things like the MASSIVE duping-problem would take me as an admin 10 seconds + a restart to fix, but Vilayer doesn't seem to care about that anymore and you guys are the only ones to fix it.
I have also been talking to Community-Support Steak and Potatoes and he says he actually put a whole bunch of supporttickets through to you guys so this gets sorted out. But at this point there's still no support whatsoever and it's still a huge problem. We would have stayed with Vilayer, as we are most likely the biggest dedicated DayZ-Clan out there and we are still going to play and operate on the publichive. But we are not going to pay for this server anymore. Instead we're going to go with other hosters which allow us to change our server within the rules the DayZ-Dev's set us but with those hosters we can actually do something against scriptkiddies and exploiters. If you would have been able to go in that direction a long time ago with your DayZ-Servers you could have saved yourselves customers.
Not to mention that the AC-Panel takes AGES to load. It takes me 5 minutes to get from the loginscreen to my logfiles. That's completely unacceptable.

Regards, kichilron

P.S.: I hope you understand this is not a rant, just an information what you guys have done wrong and why you might have to rethink your serverpolicies.

Now we come to the interesting bit of Vilayers reply:

I would have to say this in regards to the statements that you say others have sent tickets in to us...

100% not true.

We have had no contact with anyone from the group of kids who are currently running the dayz mod forums.

The access levels are as such to protect the Shared hive.
If you fell that you have something to offer the dayz community.. by all means i would suggest that you speak to these so called reps from the community and have them release the fixes in a patch for all to use.

We can not offer any access to the server files as they run on a shared hive.

If you feel that you have not had good support here i would point out the fact that you have not submitted a support ticket for any services in over 53 days.

I would love to help you with any issues with your server... But it really seems that your issues are with the DayZ Hive and the limitations that they have imposed..and the limitations imposed by the shared hive environment.

If you have any other queries or issues don't hesitate to get in touch.

Best Regards,

Not obviously his real name (Support Manager)

dj8NbJM.png

Edited by kichilron
  • Like 8

I always knew the mods were kids !!! All those fake pics of Fraggle, Orlok SmashT and Boneboys..the horror ! 

• Like 5

Hmmmm, interesting.

This isn't the first time I've heard about their less than professional response to a legitimate concern/ticket/complaint.  I couldn't comment about the service they actually provide because I'm not a customer but reading that response to you (a customer) I would be concerned if I was.

If he worked for me and responded to a customer like that I'd sack him.

I'd be genuinely interested if one of their employees could respond to some of the comments in that email, it seems we've upset them somehow, maybe it's because we refuse to censor all of the negative comments people post about them here on the forums. 

• Like 2

Hmmmm, interesting.

This isn't the first time I've heard about their less than professional response to a legitimate concern/ticket/complaint.  I couldn't comment about the service they actually provide because I'm not a customer but reading that response to you (a customer) I would be concerned if I was.

If he worked for me and responded to a customer like that I'd sack him.

I'd be genuinely interested if one of their employees could respond to some of the comments in that email, it seems we've upset them somehow, maybe it's because we refuse to censor all of the negative comments people post about them here on the forums.

I hope that it is just that one person replying like that. As i would definitely not pay money to a company who were rude, unhelpful and easilly replaceable.

I hope that it is just that one person replying like that. As i would definitely not pay money to a company who were rude, unhelpful and easilly replaceable.

Well considering he's supposed to be the Support Manager, it doesn't say a great deal about the rest of the team.  Managers are supposed to lead by example.  Maybe he doesn't actually have anyone to manage though, it's probably two kids working out of their Mums basement.

That's not the sort of response I'd expect from a professional with any experience of dealing with customers.

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 3

Well considering he's supposed to be the Support Manager, it doesn't say a great deal about the rest of the team.  Managers are supposed to lead by example.  Maybe he doesn't actually have anyone to manage though, it's probably two kids working out of their Mums basement.

That's not the sort of response I'd expect from a professional with any experience of dealing with customers.

OH..IT'S ON ! 

• Like 2

WarZ is worse.... Trust.

Are you renting a dedicated server from them or a dayz server on a shared box? Apart from his reply on your legit mail, DayZ isnt the easiest mod to host imo. It needs a dedicated proactive hoster to keep everything running like it should.

• Like 1

We have a dedi box with them 16 cores dual ssd, 128gb ram. Not only is it the best server we have had (and trust me we have had a lot) the customer service has been flawless, the md himself has jumped into our ts to make sure everything was up and running, they have contributed some time to our optimization and so other super secret stuff that i can't disclose yet. We approached pretty much every dayz hosting service and asked for their help in getting set up/ helping with this secret thing, we had one other response from another hosting company every other one couldnt be fucked to reply. Im very happy with the service and when you guys see what we have developed with their help you will piss your pants with excitement. 

• Like 1

We have been hosting with Vilayer since November last year and we have had no problems with them. We currently have 3 dedicated servers, and about 12 standard hosted servers for DayZ and other games. Support has been great and in all fairness. I would say if anything that the ticket at the top is reasonable, bar the comment about the wonderful mods of dayz.

As far as Im aware you cant mod the official hive files, this is a rule set by the DayZ team if im not mistaken, hence why vilayer dont let you change these files on there system, thats why people host private hive these days.

Edited by domuk

It has been stated, that a certain amount of control over the server is necessary and there's an easy fix for the massive duping-problem out there and you need access for that and R4Z0R49 even posted the fix on this forum so it's fairly easy to apply. But if you don't get access to any of the files there's nothing serveradmins can do these days and the reason people say publichive isn't secure. Of course it isn't when you can't even have an antihack installed on your server. It would all be so much easier and there's barely any reason do keep the ability from serveradmins these days, especially as so many hostingcompanys out there already offer the ability to do these already anyway.

We have a dedi box with them 16 cores dual ssd, 128gb ram. Not only is it the best server we have had (and trust me we have had a lot) the customer service has been flawless, the md himself has jumped into our ts to make sure everything was up and running, they have contributed some time to our optimization and so other super secret stuff that i can't disclose yet. We approached pretty much every dayz hosting service and asked for their help in getting set up/ helping with this secret thing, we had one other response from another hosting company every other one couldnt be fucked to reply. Im very happy with the service and when you guys see what we have developed with their help you will piss your pants with excitement. 

datz cuz u pay mo muny then us.

Hello there

Hmmm

Interesting.

OP's PM may not have been the most eloquent, but the hoster's reply smacks of amateurism to me.

They aren't buddies, they're a provider and a user.

If they think we're kids? Well we are. I just happen to be an old one. No way would I say something like that in a support ticket etc though.

Poor show indeed.

I wonder what their reply will be to this thread? I await with interest.

Rgds

LoK

Hello there

Hmmm

Interesting.

OP's PM may not have been the most eloquent, but the hoster's reply smacks of amateurism to me.

They aren't buddies, they're a provider and a user.

If they think we're kids? Well we are. I just happen to be an old one. No way would I say something like that in a support ticket etc though.

Poor show indeed.

I wonder what their reply will be to this thread? I await with interest.

Rgds

LoK

No doubt it'll be a response disguised as a mature one. These guys always love to try and cover their asses.

IMO Vilayer is terrible, and I'd love to argue with them about it. I also have a strong feeling they are behind the DDoS attacks on DayZST and other providers, but that is just my feeling. I always used ST, but had friends that have had similar experiences with immaturity from the guys at Vilayer. They have a serious lack of respect for people, and that is a fact they'll surely deny.

They're like any other company though, they have their idiots... sometimes there are more than others.

Edited by OfficerRaymond

OP's PM may not have been the most eloquent

That's racism! I'm german!

• Like 1

That's racism! I'm german!

get him :)

joking love ya kichi 

• Like 1