TheWizard14

What DayZ really is - A jogging simulator

Honestly, instead of surviving and all that killing crap, looting people, killing other people, you are just running 90% of the game. Running around, more running, oh I gotta get over there, run another 10K, ooh gotta get to NWAF, run like 8K.

RUN RUN RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then you find a car. 

drive drive drive then someone pops a tire then back to running. RUN RUN RUN!!!!

then u die and u have to run again :(

This petulant nonsense has been done to death many times before...and anyway, there's nothing as invigorating as a virtual cross country ramble...

...inb4 graveyard :D

:P other day I run from ...

Kamenka past

Balota pick up ak74s and continue to

Cherno do some loot and murder time after run to

Elektro, more loots and kill 2 guys then I heading north to

Berezino. I don't see no player so I going north again to

NEAF, no loot I see a few heli crash and find one L85 1 mag, so I running north west and find

Big water lake, drink, fill water and going west to

Devil castle. Nothing here but I find binocular, I decide try find

NWAF, which I find no problem and is where I am now wait for night times for make raid on barracks.

My plan if I survive is continue north west, looking for player camp maybe find heli then I going again south like zig zag check every towns..I love this run, is feel like I going long way, I see too much nice thing and after I going home to elektro for sure I feel too much satisfy for this big adventure run times. :thumbsup:  :D

• Like 1

Well i'm sure to survive in a zombie apocalypse you would probably do a lot of running.

• Like 6

YOU'RE PLAYING IT WRONG.

Seriously though, yeah, alot of it is travelling on foot, but half the fun IS getting where you want to.

It feels so, realistic, I guess, playing this game. It IS an apocalypse. You aren't going to get a little car to dwive awound in. You are going to run through hell and back, fighting off bullets, savage zombies, clinging to that can of beans in your backpack, a hatchet is the only weapon you have to defend yourself...

You seriously don't perceive it that way? The excitement of playing IN the apocalypse. 

• Like 1

I love RunZ.

There IS a lot of running, but if you don't have the patience to run, this game isn't for you.

• Like 2

when i'm tired of running, i log off and do something else until i want to run another little..or just sit in a place for a bit waiting for animals or players..

What DayZ Really Is - A Jogging Simulator

My life...

is...

a lie!

crying-asian-man-o_zpsfadde3cc.gif

• Like 4

Pure class.

A bit of Sunday morning Doobie Brothers, thank you sir :beans:

• Like 2

Old jokes aren't funny.

Focus on the journey, not the destination. Joy is found not in finishing an activity but in doing it.

• Like 3

DayZ auto run hack(Wedge jammed in W key),put kettle on for coffee,comes back and all most at Stary sobor.

Hold W.

Press shift + tab to bring up the Steam in-game menu.

Let go of W.

Close the Steam in-game menu.

You are now auto-running.

• Like 3

If you just run to NWAF to either get killed or to get a weapon and then run back to Cherno to kill people, it will indeed get boring.

I must apologise forehand but OP just seems childish to me.
You have to "work" for something in a video game? Years back you had to start the whole bloody game over if you died or messed up. Now you get an achievement by pressing left mouse button for teh win.
If you are really that sore about having to run in this game, be sore to the industry in general and mass consumer base, not to the mod/ game that is actually trying to maintain something decent.
Rant done with, as it is with my beer also.

You have to "work" for something in a video game? Years back you had to start the whole bloody game over if you died or messed up. Now you get an achievement by pressing left mouse button for teh win.

If you are really that sore about having to run in this game, be sore to the industry in general and mass consumer base, not to the mod/ game that is actually trying to maintain something decent.

Years ago on my speccy 128k playing turbo esprit a minor prang at a junction meant a 20 minute tape deck reload... Kids today eh

• Like 1

Years ago on my speccy 128k playing turbo esprit a minor prang at a junction meant a 20 minute tape deck reload... Kids today eh

I remember playing ninja strike (or something like that) on the old Sega Mega Drive and having to start from the beginning of the game everytime I died. I hated/loved that game soo much...

Edited by p4triot

That's the problem with players today, they all want instant-gratification and don't want to 'work' towards it - it completely cheapens everything.

An example would be WoW which I played for years, since the beginning, back then Epic quality gear was exactly that: Epic.

It took a while to get it was rare and players really thought highly of someone who could manage to get a full set of epic gear.. now?

Now as soon as you hit max level you pretty much get handed epic gear, it's not 'epic' in any real sense anymore, why? Blizzard said that a lot of players didn't want to put the time and effort into the game to earn the gear and they felt they were missing out.

That's like me wanting to be the best player at football and not want to have to waste time doing fitness training, practicing shots, technique, etc. It's just stupid.

• Like 1

Hold W.

Press shift + tab to bring up the Steam in-game menu.

Let go of W.

Close the Steam in-game menu.

You are now auto-running.

Iv only(had to) installed steam to get Arma 3 5 days ago.The less I see steam the better,so my cut down door stop will be in use for some time yet

ahhh the modified doorstop...that is brilliant.

i was using my upsidedown tv remote on the xbox 360 controller since day 1.

beans!

i also blame dubstep!

but I too have little patience these days for vanilla dayz...

try some mods OP, there are some amazing ones out there!

DayZero podagorsk has really taken me and many for a surprise. bringing back that vanilla dayz feeling. Not alot of loot, but plenty of new things to do and interesting player interaction. Not to mention an amazing map

also try arma 3, the mods are really rolling in now. bringing a great new dayzish experience. the graphics alone are enough to peak my interest!

Edited by deebz1234