rocket

Hotfix Build 1.7.1.5 Rolling Update

Played for about one hour. Zombie LOS-behaviour is much better now as far as i can tell by now. Crouch walking near them was no problem. But still a challenge though. Crouch running in a decent distance was also possible without pulling them. That will bring the dynamic gameplay of 1.7. back that i missed a lot since then.

Looted one building and immediatly found a makarov. Played for a couple of hours today before the new hotfix and found almost nothing but ammo. So i think the loot-drop is better too.

Performance was also very good. After joining a server i measured a increase of framerate.

The toolbelt feature with hatchet and flashlight is awesome. Finally since 1.7. i am pretty excited to play tomorrow after work for a longer time.

Awesome work' date=' Rocket. This Mod is a blast, and it gets constantly better. So much potential. Im so excited where this is going. Keep up the good work. You brought back the fascination in gaming for me.

Thanks !!!

[/quote']

Well I played it for a while and 1.7.1.5 is better than 1.7.1.4 but it's still very easy to aggro zombies. I was prone (on a road) in a village and a zombie detected me from the other side of a house. ):

I got a broken bone from my pursuers' date=' and morphine is very rare so this game has gone from a running simulator to a crawling simulator, LOL.

[/quote']

Hi!!! I have a question, in the 1.7.1.5 can we crouch walk near zombies again? (20-50 meters are extremly good for me), because people are saying that is too easy to aggro zombies etc etc. Or in case not, I need to know how can i be stealthy now, but without going all the way prone, sometime I need move faster specially If I see a zed like 25-50 meters and nothing else near.

should I avoid the servers with the new mod but that are still running 93825?

really nice so far.

i couldnt extinguish many chemlights from otherplayers.

flares of my own and chems worked well.

somebody else expirienced this? maybe just i bugged out.

they were in the firedepartment tower on stairs.

tried a swim' date=' didnt lost any gear

[/quote']

You must not have been in the water very long, I lost my double barrel, ammo, bag, etc.

did u installed beta patch?

Great work thank you Rocket now for the bug reporting.My issue with this patch(all patches actually since 1.7 )

is the fps drops i get . I have a decent rig but i run this game on low

and still get massive fps drops on allot of locations

seems fine by me' date=' no bug found at the moment, tried a swim, didnt lost any gear, zombies seem good now, not extra super inhuman, everything works good so far

another thing, my temperature dropped to 34, did u updated something regarding temperature? awesome work then, :)

[/quote']

Maybe your temp drop after swim ? cause thats normal

not from swim. i was at rain only

The zombies have been toned down a bit - which is helpful for getting off the beach.

Flashlights in belt / side weapon I think works well.

Also the night was JUST bright enough for a rummage around a city. (not sure if this was lucky, server specific or changed as part of hotfix)

The main thing I have noticed is an increase in friendly behaviour. With no starting pistols, people seem less likely to shoot on sight. Tonight was the first night in ages that I have actually chatted to people in Cherno rather than shooting each other. (Well, them shooting, me panicking and throwing a flare in their direction). I think that these small encounters will stick in players minds and in some cases make for better chances of random teaming.

Only negative I found was that I am still experiencing freezes / low fps

Keep up the good work Rocket and team.

One thing I've noticed is that when crawling up to the ladder on deerstands, i'm at no bars, when i click to climb, I get up, go to being very visible, then I'm at no bars again while climbing. I'm not sure of the mechanics or code behind this, but could something similar be applied to doorways, where somehow you are at zero (or very low) bars when going through doors? That way crawling up to doors then having to rise doesn't always get you caught.

Zombies glitch through doors and sometimes open them.

I have two crosshairs for the hatchet (they seem to move independently in 3rd person)

Just wondering if you fixed the problem with picking up tools/weapons? e.g. I pick a watch up and drop all my ammo.

[bUG] I had my legs broken, then took a hatchet that was in my bag and swapped it for my Winchester, then I stood up and I could walk and run. Im still able to, with my legs still broken even when I change weapon.

Zombie behavior seems much improved. I was able to crawl close to zombies without getting noticed.

I saw side chat was back. Is that a server setting' date=' or is side chat back on all servers now?

Rocket, have you considered getting rid of the packpack as starting item in the next patch? I think that would be good.

[/quote']

Seconded - backpack is no longer needed and there would finally be a use for the czech pouch!

[bUG] I had my legs broken' date=' then took a hatchet that was in my bag and swapped it for my Winchester, then I stood up and I could walk and run. Im still able to, with my legs still broken even when I change weapon.

[/quote']

people have super powers when they have an hatchet! :)

Rocket' date=' have you considered getting rid of the packpack as starting item in the next patch? I think that would be good.

[/quote']

Seconded - backpack is no longer needed and there would finally be a use for the czech pouch!

i like this idea

So I followed all the instructions, installed both from the updater and the torrent. And I still have broken gui., invisible in 3pm, spawned in debug forest and no zombies.. I installed the latest beta and I still have these problems. Help please! :(

Edit: ok, rejoined, apparently I spawned ok, but I was still in debug forest.

Ran east, made it to Pavlovo, and now I'm hiding in a barn from the rain..

Also managed to find a hatchet.. I would like to suggest that the hachet and sidearm switch places automatically, and the ammo stays where it is. Please? :)

Other than that, everything seems much more fluid and better fps, even on my laptop. Thanks for everything Rocket, keep up the great work! :)

Respawn cooldown on Zeds could be longer.

I played it safe for this update, tweaking can happen.

Great so far, some issues though-

1) Zombies respawn a bit fast I think still (unless there was just a TON in the area). But if they are respawning that quick, it's kind of hard to "take over" a small town with your friends by wiping out all the zeds if they spawn again so quickly

2) Direct chat doesn't seem to be working (have correct files and am in correct server)

3) Picking up certain items drops ammo you already have in your inventory

4) Been said I think, but packs and medical crates can't be picked up/opened unless surrounding loot is picked up first

5) Framerate still drops tremendously when any buildings are in the frame

Loving the game so far, only getting better :)

Taken from the 1.7.1.4 thread;

* [FIXED] Unable to repair helicopter fuel leak (repair all parts to 95% or above and fuel leak will stop)

I wish you would've mentioned that you needed to repair the windscreens too, wasted about 100 litres of petrol today not to mention the trips to and fro...

Also thanks for the 24 hour warning about the tents, though I really wish that I'd known about it a few days prior.

[bUG] I had my legs broken' date=' then took a hatchet that was in my bag and swapped it for my Winchester, then I stood up and I could walk and run. Im still able to, with my legs still broken even when I change weapon.

[/quote']

people have super powers when they have an hatchet! :)

Rocket' date=' have you considered getting rid of the packpack as starting item in the next patch? I think that would be good.

[/quote']

i like this idea

This.

I vote for NO STARTING GEAR. It is very doable. I've done it a lot of times by just dropping what I have and seeing where the wind takes me.

So I followed all the instructions' date=' installed both from the updater and the torrent. And I still have broken gui., invisible in 3pm, spawned in debug forest and no zombies.. I installed the latest beta and I still have these problems. Help please! :(

[/quote']

beta should have fixed the invisible thingy...

is worked for some friends of mine

I vote for NO STARTING GEAR. It is very doable. I've done it a lot of times by just dropping what I have and seeing where the wind takes me.

well, a bandage is ok to start with...

it would be rather annoying for some new users if there was none...

zombies can make you bleed very easily so its very hard for beginners.

one bandage, one box of painkillers and a flashlight... its a really good and balanced starting gear

most of beginners just would quit and not pick up the game anymore if its too hard.

looking for a buddy to play with skype: armychris1

Hard to gain trust with all that equipment. Sorts of smells like a pker.

No! Im just walking thru the landscape alone and it kinda sucks lol. I got real good gear so i should be afraid of someone who might kill me.

Just found NVGs but being a lone wolf is not my kind of playstyle.

And noone of my buds are playing this crazy mod.

Aight, like i said, if you re looking for a serious buddy to travel alot and enjoy the game hit me up on skype or via PM

Please only 20+ :P

Just tried 1.7.1.5 and from what I see pretty impressed with both performance and the new things like switchable hatchet on toolbelt.

Zeds seem more manageable now. I didn't mind the super Zeds before but so many were having trouble something had to give. Maybe because I play lone wolf a lot. For groups being stealthy maybe aint much fun.

Anyone who says the devs don't listen to feedback need only look at this patch.

My only pet hate at the moment is broken limbs and the lack of morphine.

I don't find morphine anywhere. Does this mean I am forced into the big cities for basic medical supplies? Maybe that's the intention ? If it is then that's what I must do I guess. But it still leaves a lot of people in the middle of the countryside surviving of the land who find themselves facing an impossible cross country crawl, maybe loosing blood with failing vision.

Thx for your work and commitment.