rocket

Hotfix Build 1.7.1.5 Rolling Update

Getting the flashlight to work was a little difficult. I think its great it goes in equip slot but if i have a pistol and want to use the flashlight, i have to either drop the pistol and hope it is actually on the floor, or put it in my pack, in which case i still need 5 free slots anyway..

It also wouldn't bring the flashlight out into my hands, i needed to change stance, similar to at spawn when marakov didn't use to show until you changed stance.

Just picked up a watch' date=' all ammo i had was dropped (both sidearm and main)

[/quote']

i had something similar. i picked up something, and my rifle and pistol ammo dropped to the ground.

The sight on the zombies when you are crouched running is still extremely high. A guy with no gun or any way to defend themselves stands no chance. I can't even make it out of a town alive now... Honestly...a new character should have something to defend themselves when starting out..

The standing up/running bug while crawling through a door is still there. I have died so many time because of that. Thought I'd let ya know.

Just picked up a watch' date=' all ammo i had was dropped (both sidearm and main)

[/quote']

i had something similar. i picked up something, and my rifle and pistol ammo dropped to the ground.

was it a toolbelt item by any chance? (matches, knife, etc.)

Getting the flashlight to work was a little difficult. I think its great it goes in equip slot but if i have a pistol and want to use the flashlight' date=' i have to either drop the pistol and hope it is actually on the floor, or put it in my pack, in which case i still need 5 free slots anyway..

[/quote']

It would be at least nine kinds of awesome if the pistol and flashlight would just change places in the secondary weapon and/or tool slot. If this is possible.

Very pleased with this update, tripled my frames in certain circumstances. Zombies acting much better now too, certainly a huge step in the right direction.

Few bugs.

* When running you can press crouch to reduce visibility by 2 bars. You can shift from crouch-running or stand up-running by x and c. They move at the same speed.

* When switching servers, ammo in your current gun is replenished.

* Zombies respawn too fast and close. (2 mins~)? Not utterly game-breaking. Just annoying.

- I like the new green bars indicating how much ammo is in a magazine. Could you possibly make the bar go from green to yellow / orange to red instead of being green all the time?

Thanks!

Played for about one hour. Zombie LOS-behaviour is much better now as far as i can tell by now. Crouch walking near them was no problem. But still a challenge though. Crouch running in a decent distance was also possible without pulling them. That will bring the dynamic gameplay of 1.7. back that i missed a lot since then.

Looted one building and immediatly found a makarov. Played for a couple of hours today before the new hotfix and found almost nothing but ammo. So i think the loot-drop is better too.

Performance was also very good. After joining a server i measured a increase of framerate.

The toolbelt feature with hatchet and flashlight is awesome. Finally since 1.7. i am pretty excited to play tomorrow after work for a longer time.

Awesome work, Rocket. This Mod is a blast, and it gets constantly better. So much potential. Im so excited where this is going. Keep up the good work. You brought back the fascination in gaming for me.

Thanks !!!

I see zombies are still hitting through walls -.- One shot, broke my leg and knocked me unconsious with 9.5k health...second time that's happened.

Had no morphine, ammo or gun. I just respawned, kind of sad...I had a czeck, matches, knife and a hatchet...could have survived if I'd stop getting one shot by zombies. Oh yea and shortly before that I was prone behind a house and a zombie ran across town to get me...

Guys please read the first post again:

Please do not post messages of support or abuse. Please only post your feedback from having tried the update' date=' or any serious issues.[/b']

I've again deleted 20+ posts. Please post to this thread only after you have tested the latest hotfix and got some constructive feedback about the changes.

Why not enforcing ban (temporary if you want to be kind) for the ones that do not read the thread posting restriction?

Well I played it for a while and 1.7.1.5 is better than 1.7.1.4 but it's still very easy to aggro zombies. I was prone (on a road) in a village and a zombie detected me from the other side of a house. ):

I got a broken bone from my pursuers, and morphine is very rare so this game has gone from a running simulator to a crawling simulator, LOL.

I've been playing on Germany 4. After a couple of server crashes I spawned at the Debug Forest. Before that I was around Rog Castle. None of the gear seems mising.

Forgot to give additional info. Player ID: 3590150. My char is Female and i'm wearing civilian clothes

For those of us who are semi-retarded. I clicked the link http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php to download the newest beta patch for arma 2' date=' but I need an account and pw to download it.

Obviously, I am not doing this right. Where is the safest place to download this file. I had a friend help me install this the first time. I am not looking for a full walkthrough, just a quick set of directions. Thanks! :D

[/quote']

ftp://downloads.bistudio.com/arma2.com/update/beta/ARMA2_OA_Build_93965.zip

what me and other people get when we click the direct link like what you provided:

http://i.imgur.com/G7IqY.png

lol

The way I got around it when it asked that, instead of just clicking the link I right clicked and chose save target as. Didn't ask for a password then.

seems fine by me, no bug found at the moment, tried a swim, didnt lost any gear, zombies seem good now, not extra super inhuman, everything works good so far

another thing, my temperature dropped to 34, did u updated something regarding temperature? awesome work then, :)

Great work thank you Rocket now for the bug reporting.My issue with this patch(all patches actually since 1.7 )

is the fps drops i get . I have a decent rig but i run this game on low

and still get massive fps drops on allot of locations

seems fine by me' date=' no bug found at the moment, tried a swim, didnt lost any gear, zombies seem good now, not extra super inhuman, everything works good so far

another thing, my temperature dropped to 34, did u updated something regarding temperature? awesome work then, :)

[/quote']

Maybe your temp drop after swim ? cause thats normal

- FPS are much better

- Zombie behaviour better than 1.7.1.4

- but zombies do respawn way too fast (~2 minutes) after wiped out them on a barn's area

Gameplay experience was THE BEST so far, great time. :)

Issues:

At Drakon, I spawned at the beach and 2 zombies spawned less han 5 m from me just shortly afterwards.

Hatchet sometimes runs out of ammo for no apparent reason.

Komarovo has a ridiculous number of Zeds (4 players in the vicinity), meaning the town is off limits.

tried a swim' date=' didnt lost any gear

[/quote']

You must not have been in the water very long, I lost my double barrel, ammo, bag, etc.

Few bugs.

* When running you can press crouch to reduce visibility by 2 bars. You can shift from crouch-running or stand up-running by x and c. They move at the same speed.

not sure what u are saying here... can u explain it more?

* When switching servers' date=' ammo in your current gun is replenished.

[/quote']

i found how it works,

if u have a magazine of 30 bullets and u have only <50% left in the magazine, when u logout and in again, its gone, if its >50% than u get to keep is AND its full again.

- I like the new green bars indicating how much ammo is in a magazine. Could you possibly make the bar go from green to yellow / orange to red instead of being green all the time?

thats from the BETA patch, not from DayZ.

Concerns for 1.7.1.5 : I saved in forest close to Guglovo east of Novy Sobor. Logged back in and was dropped from tree top level to ground.... death.

I will say that 1.7.1.5 is a huge improvement. Not having a starting weapon doesn't hurt so bad anymore. Once you find a hatchet' date=' stalking zombies and killing them (as long as you catch them in ones or twos. Is kinda fun.

[/quote']

^^ this

The update was delayed because I lost track of time. I was having too much fun sneaking around towns with a hatchet.

All those having stealth problems, stick to the edges of houses, stay crouched, pick your path. You can't just run anyway, you need to bound between objects and stick close to the side of buildings to reduce your visibility.

Running on the road is both loud and obvious. You should never do this. You either cross quickly in crouch, or your crawl across. Never walk. Treat roads like rivers.

You weren't the guy that ran up to me in the Shopping Centre in Elektro and tried to kill me are you? :)

ps how dare you have fun with the mod :P:P