Mos1ey

Can I Run DayZ Mod? (POST HERE)

I think that you need something beefier than that if you're going to upgrade. 2 cores just doesn't cut it (In my opinion) for dayz. Try and get a 4 core processor, if you can.

Sorry but it's kinda impossible, a quad core CPU will fit in my socket, but I'll just get a BSOD upon booting the laptop, just because a quad core CPU requires 45W, but my MOBO accepts only 35W CPUs, so yeah, that's the best one I can get.

Intel® Core™2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.4GHz

ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series

4096MB RAM

320GB 7200 RPM 16MB

Windows 7 Ultimte 64 bit

I run a lot of games with this setup but on DayZ there's times were it works fine and there's times were it just runs horribly, was wondering if it's time for a new pc or if there's any tips you guys might have to increase performance.

Might be your ArmA 2 settings, do some research on boosting FPS in ArmA 2, because your rig isn't bad for low settings.

i5-4670k processor at 3.4 Ghz (Will overclock later when I get a better CPU cooler and more fans)

Sapphire Radeon HD 7870 Ghz Edition

8gb Corsair Ballistix Sport RAM at 1600

120GB Samsung SDD read up to 530mb/s

I think that is really all that would matter other than the monitor I have is a bit old so it runs at 768p so I will probably play on 720p.

i5-4670k processor at 3.4 Ghz (Will overclock later when I get a better CPU cooler and more fans)

Sapphire Radeon HD 7870 Ghz Edition

8gb Corsair Ballistix Sport RAM at 1600

120GB Samsung SDD read up to 530mb/s

I think that is really all that would matter other than the monitor I have is a bit old so it runs at 768p so I will probably play on 720p.

Get a HDD as well, ArmA 2 with the DayZ mod and the mods for the DayZ mod and the mods for the mods for the DayZ mod will eat up to 30 GB, so think about that.

Edited by Barrett_killz

@Barret_killz: My advice: Don't upgrade yet. The difference between the two processors you mentioned is next to null. Instead, wait for the prices to drop on this year's hardware (GPUs, CPUs, HDDs, etc.) and upgrade and build instead a desktop. If you wait, you can easily end up with a 500$ desktop PC that runs Dayz with really good fps and with high settings, you'll just need to do some price hunting here and there and you'll get more power out of it than running it on a 1000$ laptop.

Honestly, buying a Beefy Rig is not as expsensive as most people think, Most people, when you say Custom build PC the first thing that comes to mind is $$$$, its not true, i can build a great pc that will not only play dayz, but make dayz it's bitch, without spending over 900$. All you need is the right stuff, the stuff you should spend the most money on is CPU and GPU, everything else is run of the mill at that point, you can get a great motherboard, great liquid water cpu cooler, Ram, Powersupply Gold, and a SSD for very cheap. the cpu and gpu is what is gonna cost the $$$. buy on newegg.com during holidays or weekend sale's events, u can save up to 300$

Plus if you already have a harddrive and a windows 7 OS u can just switch those over and you use the SSD for arma 2/steam, note ssd only works well with games that require indexing, so pretty much 90% of games made today do not require that feature. but , i do noticed my Planet side 2 when i run it off ssd, it seems more fluent and flawless, not scrachie and hazy.

If anyone needs or wants a custom build PC Drop me a private message with your budget, what the machine is intended for, What type of parts you would like, example :Intel built, AMD built...etc. and i can make it happen.

Edited by =DiG= Zgraphz
  • Like 1

zfleming, no no no thats way to much money

Alright can you show me something that can do all of this, with the same power at a better price and means to show me how to assemble it?

Edited by zfleming12

Alright can you show me something that can do all of this, with the same power at a better price and means to show me how to assemble it?

Here you go: (I assume you're American)

CPU: Intel Core i5 3570k @ 3.4GHz

MOBO: ASRock Z77 Extreme4

RAM: 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws

HDD: 1TB

GPU: Radeon HD 7870 2GB GHz edition

CASE: Coolermaster HAF 912

PSU: 500w Gold

All this was $922 from PCpartpicker and is basically equivilent to the computer you were looking at. Much more effiecient.

As for putting it together, its basically giant lego blocks. There are tutorials on Youtube that explain it very easily.

Most, if not all of the parts are only meant to go in one spot, so you can't screw it up, unless you handle the parts incorrectly and damage them.

You should be fine.

Hey, would a computer with the following specs run DayZ smoothly?

Intel Core i7 3770 Ivy Bridge Quad Core with HT 3.4GHz LGA1155 Processor

Asus P8B75-M LX Intel B75 mATX Ivy Bridge Socket 1155 2x DDR3-2200 Motherboard

Seagate 1TB Barracuda 7200.12 SATA3 HDD 64M CACHE 7200RPM Hard Drive

8GB RAM 1600MHZ

Thanks. :)

Edited by Sparthage

Hello i have a friend who wants to get a computer so he can play games, His into Arma 3 / BattleField 3 / DayZ & I'm sure his going to be into the new games coming out like Battlefield 4 and stuff. He has eyes on this computer but isn't sure if it will be able to run

the games i mentioned, He also wants to start recording videos. He has eyes on 2 Computers. Can someone give me opinions if they will be able to run the games games and be able to record?

Thanks in advance.

AMD 8-Core FX-8120 Zambezi Processor with AMD Radeon HD 7850 graphics

http://www.bestbuy.c...power&cp=1&lp=4

&

AMD 6-Core FX-6300 Processor with AMD Radeon HD 7750 dedicated graphics

http://www.bestbuy.c...werpc&cp=1&lp=1

Anyone?

Anyone?

If any of them, go for the first one, although I think he'd need a i7 for recording. A 3770k or 4770k, and a very good GPU like a 7970 or 680.

8GB RAM 1600MHZ

It won't run anything without a graphics card.

@Barret_killz: My advice: Don't upgrade yet. The difference between the two processors you mentioned is next to null. Instead, wait for the prices to drop on this year's hardware (GPUs, CPUs, HDDs, etc.) and upgrade and build instead a desktop. If you wait, you can easily end up with a 500$ desktop PC that runs Dayz with really good fps and with high settings, you'll just need to do some price hunting here and there and you'll get more power out of it than running it on a 1000$ laptop.

The thing is, a desktop isn't made only of CPU, GPU and RAM (which counts up to $300-400 EVEN the low budget components). A good PSU will cost you under $100 (maybe more depending on the brand) and also a monitor, expensive mouses and keyboards, doesn't sound a bit too expensive?

The thing is, a desktop isn't made only of CPU, GPU and RAM (which counts up to $300-400 EVEN the low budget components). A good PSU will cost you under $100 (maybe more depending on the brand) and also a monitor, expensive mouses and keyboards, doesn't sound a bit too expensive?

Lowest budget possible?

CPU: $70 (AMD A8-5600k)

MOBO: $75 (ASRock FM2A85X Extreme4)

RAM: $50 (8GB Corsair)

HDD: $50 (Htiachi 1TB)

GPU: $90 (Radeon HD 7770 GHz edition)

CASE: $20 (Coolermaster RC-361)

PSU: $40 (Coolermaster 400w)

Monitor: $120

Total: $580

I have no idea where Moldova is, I assume its in Europe?

Keyboards and mice shouldn't cost much, if you ask me the $100 ones aren't worth it. Pure overkill.

Edited by dulix11

Intel i5 3570k @4.2ghz

MSI GTX 660 OC

G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb @1854 (weird number because of overclock)

I'm running at 1080p

Edited by 2bdkid

CPU: Intel Core i3 2120 3,3GHz Sandy Bridge

GPU: AMD HD6670 1GB

RAM: 4GB DDR3 1333MHz

This should be motherboard: Intel H61

How i would run it?

Plz reply

I'm not sure where you live Barret, but if you have access to newegg.com or Amazon, you could pretty much have a 500$ decent Desktop computer that includes a mouse, keyboard and a computer monitor. Like I said, you have to do some price hunting. And as for the 100$ PSU, that's only if you get a 1000w one, even if it's from the best of the brands. For running DayZ and beating the next-gen consoles, you would only need a 600w one since the new graphic cards that are coming out from nvidia and AMD are less energy intensive, but they have way more power.

So, just do a bit of a price hunt on any online services you got in your country. Checking prices will only take a bit of your time.

Edit: Check this article on RPS. You can use it as a guide (More or less) on what to get for your PC: http://www.rockpaper...-a-next-gen-pc/ . Just modify the PC parts on that computer according to your budget (I wouldn't get the Haswell Processor. Any previous gen i5 with 4 cores from intel will probably beat the crap out of the processors on the Next-gen consoles).

Edited by Macciavelo

8GB RAM 1600MHZ

Everyhting seems fine, except that you forgot to tell us what GPU you are using.

Intel i5 3570k @4.2ghz

MSI GTX 660 OC

G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb @1854 (weird number because of overclock)

I'm running at 1080p

You should have no problem running Dayz, probably Mid-to-high settings with 30 fps.

CPU: Intel Core i3 2120 3,3GHz Sandy Bridge

GPU: AMD HD6670 1GB

RAM: 4GB DDR3 1333MHz

This should be motherboard: Intel H61

How i would run it?

Plz reply

That CPU sounds like a big bottleneck. It only has 2 cores. DayZ is pretty CPU intensive, so you'll need 4 cores for having a good experience with it. Otherwise, you should try downloading ArmA 2 Free and checking how that runs on your computer (Just remember: Dayz is alot more CPU intensive than just having ArmA installed.)

EDIT: Sorry for double post.

Edited by Macciavelo
  • Like 1

Everyhting seems fine, except that you forgot to tell us what GPU you are using.

You should have no problem running Dayz, probably Mid-to-high settings with 30 fps.

That CPU sounds like a big bottleneck. It only has 2 cores. DayZ is pretty CPU intensive, so you'll need 4 cores for having a good experience with it. Otherwise, you should try downloading ArmA 2 Free and checking how that runs on your computer (Just remember: Dayz is alot more CPU intensive than just having ArmA installed.)

EDIT: Sorry for double post.

Okay,i had everything in low and i got 30-60 frames

I'm not sure where you live Barret, but if you have access to newegg.com or Amazon, you could pretty much have a 500$ decent Desktop computer that includes a mouse, keyboard and a computer monitor. Like I said, you have to do some price hunting. And as for the 100$ PSU, that's only if you get a 1000w one, even if it's from the best of the brands. For running DayZ and beating the next-gen consoles, you would only need a 600w one since the new graphic cards that are coming out from nvidia and AMD are less energy intensive, but they have way more power.

So, just do a bit of a price hunt on any online services you got in your country. Checking prices will only take a bit of your time.

Edit: Check this article on RPS. You can use it as a guide (More or less) on what to get for your PC: http://www.rockpaper...-a-next-gen-pc/ . Just modify the PC parts on that computer according to your budget (I wouldn't get the Haswell Processor. Any previous gen i5 with 4 cores from intel will probably beat the crap out of the processors on the Next-gen consoles).

$500 PC which beats the next gen consoles? Sounds a bit strange to me. Trying to build one up with FX-6100 (or even a Phenom II X6) and a GDDR5 HD 7750 counted somewhere near $800-900 (with monitor and everything you need).

Might be integrated. Intel HD 4000 or whatever that CPU comes with.

Edited by Barrett_killz

I doubt an integrated graphics chip could get by with medium, especially the HD 3000. The new Haswells? Maybe, but you'd spend a shit ton of money on one of those. AMD? Maybe. But not an HD 3000. Your laptop could handle medium easy. Its got a better GPU than my current one(5870M, Asus G73Jh) yet I can run high pretty well. I'd bet you could run high even better.

my HD3000 runs this at 30fps in cherno on medium

I have a Pavilion G7 with these devices: 4x AMD A8-4500M APU with Radeon™ HD Graphics 1.90 GHz, 7x PCI Standard host CPU Bridge , AMD Radeon HD 7640G , Realtek PCIE CardReader , ACPI x64-Based PC , AMD SATA Controller , 4GB of RAM , And my computer is about 5 months old and has 390 free Gigabytes. Thank you

Edited by irock32
  • Like 1

hey I need to know if my laptop will be able to run dayZ, I have a intel notebook PC from HP. im not much of a computer guy so how can I know for sure if my compter will run dayZ. its a 2000-2b59WM with a Pentium processor B960, now if anyone knows what that means that would be great. thank you.

• Like 1

hey I need to know if my laptop will be able to run dayZ, I have a intel notebook PC from HP. im not much of a computer guy so how can I know for sure if my compter will run dayZ. its a 2000-2b59WM with a Pentium processor B960, now if anyone knows what that means that would be great. thank you.

Not so good, nor at all IMO. Pentium is an old CPU, right now your "minimum" CPU should be at least an i3 but if you plan to game just settle for something with an i5 and build around it.

I have a desktop with six gigs of ram and an amd athlon II x4 620 processor. If I get an EVGA Gforce 9500 gt will I be able to run Dayz on low settings with at least a playable 20 fps?