Sign in to follow this  
thisisPyro

Game needs a sniper heavier than 7.62

What do you say about adding these, one shot-server kill rifles?

• Like 1

jesus dude, i'm talking about the MILITARY CATRIDGE 7.62X51MM used in MILITARY RIFLES like m14 (DMR), m24 and so.

the old nagant like catridges add to the atmosphere but should be rare as heck.

I'm saying that .22LR, .380, and russian common military scoped rifles should be in the game instead of all of these american bullshit.

the only weapon heavier than that should be a bolt action single shot .50 like the m99, that should be rare as fuck and the ammunition even more.

I only wanted to put in a bolt action 50. cal..........

this is zombie survival not sniper sim 2013

If zombies still give you trouble after a couple hours playing. Get a new game. 

• Like 1

I feel super sniper rifles don't belong in the alpha/beta due to all the hackers and dupers.  My suggestion would be add the m107 back in the dayz standalone.  Make it very rare and the ammo also rare.  Since in the standalone we will hopefully have not NEARLY as many hackers or dupers.

I disagree .....hell most of you out there would kill yourself firing such a weapon because you would not be doing it correctly.

? unpractical as in every major army uses them?

right.... and what branch of service are you ?  I wonder because they dont issue these antimaterial sniper rifles to platoons in a normal military unit.   Hell I doubt you would be able to operate it safely

I disagree.  It was accurate though.  A competent shooter with a good quality gun could achieve 2 MOA of accuracy at 100m.  It most definitely isn't a soviet piece of trash. There is quite a bigger difference between 7.62x39 and 7.62x54mmR 7N1.     B/c of the size differences, the 7.62x54 has better long range ballistics and more power.  It is a rifle caliber where as the 7.62x39 is an intermediate caliber.

A good shooter could hit a target at 350-400m in 1-3 shots no problem. 600m would be a stretch, but possible.  Hitting anything with an AKM at 300m is tough w/o tons of bullets.  Many websites I searched compare the SVD to a M14.  The both fire 7.62 of slightly different size and ballistics.  

FYI I can get 2 moa at 100m with my ar15 shooting xm193FMJBT with iron sites using a 16 inch barrel.  Saying a scoped sniper rifle can do that as a sign of accuracy is bullshit

right.... and what branch of service are you ?  I wonder because they dont issue these antimaterial sniper rifles to platoons in a normal military unit.   Hell I doubt you would be able to operate it safely

I do not serve in the military. I never said they issued anti material rifles in every unit, but that every major army has anti material rifles. What does that have to do with dayz? Btw I actually have a shot a .50cal just not a .50cal BMG, and to be honest the only difference was that there was a little more kick.

FYI I can get 2 moa at 100m with my ar15 shooting xm193FMJBT with iron sites using a 16 inch barrel.  Saying a scoped sniper rifle can do that as a sign of accuracy is bullshit

Calm down.   That stat you quoted was inaccurate.  At 300m the Dragonov was required to achieve 1.24 MOA to pass manufacturing standards w/ the 240mm twist barrel and 1.04 MOA for the 320mm twist barrel.  You are correct though 2 MOA at 100m isn't impressive and the stat is wrong.  

The SVD is slightly less accurate than the M24 and slightly more accurate than the M82.   

Calm down.   That stat you quoted was inaccurate.  At 300m the Dragonov was required to achieve 1.24 MOA to pass manufacturing standards w/ the 240mm twist barrel and 1.04 MOA for the 320mm twist barrel.  You are correct though 2 MOA at 100m isn't impressive and the stat is wrong.  

Results of evaluations of a couple SVDs:

JB91YN8.jpg

qkESd6y.jpg

Either 1.2/1.3 MOA or 2.4/2.6 MOA, respectively... depending on if they understood the meaning of "R100".

I do not serve in the military. I never said they issued anti material rifles in every unit, but that every major army has anti material rifles. What does that have to do with dayz? Btw I actually have a shot a .50cal just not a .50cal BMG, and to be honest the only difference was that there was a little more kick.

.50CAL AE or .50CAL BMG?  yes major armies have them and they are usually given to a very few special teams not from masses.

The SVD is slightly less accurate than the M24 and slightly more accurate than the M82.   

When comparing the SVD to M82 for accuracy to you use the final number for each rifle at max range?  or did you find a number for the M82 at the max range of the SVD since the m82 outranges it?

When comparing the SVD to M82 for accuracy to you use the final number for each rifle at max range?  or did you find a number for the M82 at the max range of the SVD since the m82 outranges it?

The test I was looking at was a MOA test at 300m.  The SVD could achieve 1.24 MOA while the M82 could achieve 1.28(?) at some range.  I believe the range would also be 300m b/c that is what the SVD test was using.  I am not certain though.  

Btw turns out there is already .338 lapua in game so should be even easier to implement in game. 

Btw turns out there is already .338 lapua in game so should be even easier to implement in game. 

We talkin' standalone or regular game?

If it's the regular game, then no.

If it's the standalone; I guess that it's feasible.

Arma 2 has all types of guns.

Are you thinking of the L96 relative in game?

Only because it's in the game doesn't mean they have to use it. I hope they do change the weapons list quite a bit according to the country setting. A SV-98 would be a better choice for Chernaarus since it's an eastern bloc weapon. There could also be import weapons but i doubt import or spec ops guns will be that common and actually accessable in a place such as Chernarus. A backwater country would get 3rd grade or lesser equipment, that's the russian way. I never heard of a country other than the soviet union sporting the newest tanks and equipment when they had a word to say because it would make it difficult if they would betray me and they would stand on equal footing with my forces.

I dont mean that there is .338 lapua in dayz but .338 lapua is in arma 2 operation arrowhead.

I dont mean that there is .338 lapua in dayz but .338 lapua is in arma 2 operation arrowhead.

I know, I meant that adding it into the regular mod would be a bad idea, but if they made one for the SA it's fine

The long ranged snipers weren't really meant for something like DayZ, because they can be used for such a damn long ranged with absolutely no drawbacks that a normal person firing them would experience. In the standalone I'm all for it because they can compensate for the super long range by making sniping more realistc. Were there realistic drawbacks, I'd even be fine with an M82/M107 and AS50 (If they could have a canonical reason for them being there, like US/UK intervention.)

I know, I meant that adding it into the regular mod would be a bad idea, but if they made one for the SA it's fine

The long ranged snipers weren't really meant for something like DayZ, because they can be used for such a damn long ranged with absolutely no drawbacks that a normal person firing them would experience. In the standalone I'm all for it because they can compensate for the super long range by making sniping more realistc. Were there realistic drawbacks, I'd even be fine with an M82/M107 and AS50 (If they could have a canonical reason for them being there, like US/UK intervention.)

As in any warzone the best use of a .50 or simular high calibers is its anti material capabilities.

Any sniper can kill a guy, not as many can kill a car.

A legitimate reason would be for taking out rebellious bandit forces and their vehicles before the infection got out of hand.

However, I would prefer they take the m200 from Arma 3 if we're going to have a military grade sniper.

I think #1 it would leave the AS-50s notorious popularity with hackers behind with it aswell as being bolt action and generally just sexier looking.

As in any warzone the best use of a .50 or simular high calibers is its anti material capabilities.

Any sniper can kill a guy, not as many can kill a car.

A legitimate reason would be for taking out rebellious bandit forces and their vehicles before the infection got out of hand.

However, I would prefer they take the m200 from Arma 3 if we're going to have a military grade sniper.

I think #1 it would leave the AS-50s notorious popularity with hackers behind with it aswell as being bolt action and generally just sexier looking.

yea again, i want a bolt action .50cal or heavier. The semi autos can be spammed.

• Like 1

I agree it is hard to destroy choppers but with a decent weapon (DMR, acog rifles and scoped weapons in general) you can shoot out the gunners and pilot quite easily.

I Think the decision to remove the as50 and m107 was drastic, they were massively overpowered but instead of removing them, perhaps they could have been nerfed to something like 10000 blood damage.

I don't really know if that is possible.

.50 cal have been known to completely dissolve the upper torso of the target.  9999999999 blood should be correct.

Edited by creeperbane

The DMR in dayz actually has a name. It is an M21 basically or the M25 variant, all that DMR stands for is Designated Marksman Rifle, which can be any rifle at all that is not quiet a sniper rifle but more than a regular combat rifle! I wish they would drop the DMR tag and give it its rightful name, although I understand its function in dayz!  

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M21_Sniper_Weapon_System

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M25_sniper_rifle

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Designated_marksman_rifle

Edited by BlackDalia

What about he UN? (Irish, Germans, Czech?)

The DMR in dayz actually has a name. It is an M21 basically or the M25 variant, all that DMR stands for is Designated Marksman Rifle, which can be any rifle at all that is not quiet a sniper rifle but more than a regular combat rifle! I wish they would drop the DMR tag and give it its rightful name, although I understand its function in dayz!  

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M21_Sniper_Weapon_System

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M25_sniper_rifle

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Designated_marksman_rifle

? what does that have to do with the thread? you can make your own thread you know.