rocket

DayZ Developer Blog 3rd August 2013

If you say that will be ultimate dev blog, then the game out soon, no?

Oh dear god no, not this again.  Do people do this on purpoese?  This is how the rumours start.

I didn't say that.  I said that I think the devblog is finished.  Nothing more.

Oh dear god no, not this again. Do people do this on purpoese? This is how the rumours start.

I didn't say that. I said that I think the devblog is finished. Nothing more.

Don't worry Fraggles, it's just a part of evolution from ape to man...

Completely normal part of life...

Edited by Wolfensteinsaurus
  • Like 3

the public alpha wont start before November the best month of video games of the year ;)

On the topic of the zombie sprint attacks, couldn't they just ram into you at full speed and knock you over instead of doing some complicated and difficult to produce swing?

• Like 2

the public alpha wont start before November the best month of video games of the year ;)

You are right. November the first or December the first. Either of those.

Oh dear god no, not this again. Do people do this on purpoese? This is how the rumours start.

I didn't say that. I said that I think the devblog is finished. Nothing more.

OMGZ! What's that? Fraggle confirms devblogs are finished? Standalone releasing next week!?

Ahhhhh!!! ;)

Oh dear god no, not this again.  Do people do this on purpoese?  This is how the rumours start.

I didn't say that.  I said that I think the devblog is finished.  Nothing more.

No offense or anything like that but if someone is 100% sure that something will be, is because if will be, not for assumptions not confirmed. PEACE.

Devblogs need to be restricted to 20 page max, maybe i just forget that reading past 20 is always like a journey to the tip, mildy exciting at the prospects of finding an antique buried under an old couch.. and then after a bit of digging...just stinky.

• Like 6

No offense or anything like that but if someone is 100% sure that something will be, is because if will be, not for assumptions not confirmed. PEACE.

Sorry, you've lost me.  I have literally no idea what it is I'm reading.

• Like 3

I dont understand because Rocket not leave the SA, is supposed that will be PRE ALPHA (with errors) not complete version as for the long delay.

The game is currently Pre-Alpha which means it is not ready to be released.

When it is ready it will be Alpha, then we can play it.

Edited by Fluxley
  • Like 4

So guys, what does everyone think of the weapon attachments? This was one of the big things Rocket was trying to show off i think.

Bayonet, scopes, handguards, buttstocks, flashlights and silencers all removable.  The M4 really does look awesome up close and personal.

One thing i am interested in, is finding a gun that is completely bare (ie: no attachments at all, not even a handguard or buttstock).  How will that fire?

I liked the new muzzle flashes.  TBH I preferred them to the new Arma 3 ones.

• Like 1

How will that fire?

Poorly?

I wouldn't want to be holding that barrel once a round goes through it. Hot!

I wonder how they will implement it?

L

So guys, what does everyone think of the weapon attachments? This was one of the big things Rocket was trying to show off i think.

Bayonet, scopes, handguards, buttstocks, flashlights and silencers all removable.  The M4 really does look awesome up close and personal.

One thing i am interested in, is finding a gun that is completely bare (ie: no attachments at all, not even a handguard or buttstock).  How will that fire?

The attachments? Well... I'll be excited when I handcuff someone and use the bayonets for my favor. Also I'd like to use a sniper rifle with a suppressor so it would be more difficult to zero in on my location... if they even ADD suppressors... maybe too OP?

Minimum three months?!...

*buys arma 2 combined operations*

The mention of three months was regarding the map only. the alpha release will not be held back by the map. they can update that at any time.

• Like 1

Minimum three months?!...

*buys arma 2 combined operations*

This is the equation I use: dev. release date claim * 2 (+ 1 month). The extra month is sudden unexpected technical issues.

• Like 1

Kind of disappointing, not a lot of new information and by the way it sounds I would guess an October release at least.

Poorly?

I wouldn't want to be holding that barrel once a round goes through it. Hot!

I wonder how they will implement it?

L

Yeah i suppose the gun would still fire but how would the accuracy be? 

What kind of different buttstocks are there for certain guns?