rocket

DayZ Developer Blog 3rd August 2013

Thanks for developing the game we all dreamed about as children! 

• Like 2

"And doesn't it make you feel bayonetter?" huh? who's with me? NIN? Anyone?

Damn it.

I want to see the bayonet in action.  Scratch that.  I'm ready to put the bayonet into action.

Cheers for the screenies mate, it's lookin bonza.

Perfect. The DevBlog is right on my birthday ;)

To clarify things in this picture, looks like the character is holding an M4(due to it's short stock) with a bayonet.

The clothing looks great, especially the vest.

I get that we've discussed this quite a bit before, and rocket has assured us that it'll be improved...

But, just as a critique (And yes realize this isn't final -at all-, I'm not expecting anything, nor does this ruin the game for me, so chill...) the zombie animations still look terrible to me. I just don't understand why they need to include the "massive 10ft jump attack" animation at all. To be honest, animation sync has never really been ARMA's strong suit, so I don't think going for the most flamboyant zombie attack animation was wise at this stage. That, and the pathing wasn't perfect, but I suspect it'll remain like this for the time being.

That said, everything else looks great (reeeeeeally digging the new clothing options), except that FOV... jesus... Good thing it's on a slider.

Edited by Katana67
  • Like 4

The guns were M4's

And they are frigging awesome.

Edited by DemonGroover
  • Like 1

Man, we ever going to see the zombies at a normal speed? lol I'm waiting for that day that shows up in these videos.

Visually its all looking pretty great right now, good animations, players look good, that's all nice. Looking forward to when the standalone is at a point of stability for some alpha play.  

not sure if its me god it looks god damn desync like right now on arma2.

i swear to god if there is 1% of desync this game will die instantly

and the animation need majors improvements. cause its as bad as arma2 right now.

Edited by monkza
  • Like 2

not sure if its me god it looks god damn desync like right now on arma2.

i swear to god if there is 1% of desync this game will die instantly

and the animation need majors improvements. cause its as bad as arma2 right now.

If I have to say "pre-alpha" again, I'm stopping this car right now you hear! :P

• Like 20

If I have to say "pre-alpha" again, I'm stopping this car right now you hear! :P

good news. i just hope when its gonna be open for everyone to play that those 2 things will be 100% operational

thx for the reply and gl !

• Like 1

Looks great!

Are the weapon animations going to be like this in the final game?  They look fairly awkward, for example @ ~4:20, when you are running backwards, you hold your weapon barrel forward, stlil able to shoot.  Feels very different from Arma2, almost worse then how it already is.

I understand this is all in development, but is this something that's staying?

Edited by Deviant
  • Like 2

Dang boy...

You tell that motherfucker...

Ahem, back to my formal self...

Looks great!

Are the weapon animations going to be like this in the final game?  They look fairly awkward, for example @ ~4:20, when you are running backwards, you hold your weapon barrel forward, stlil able to shoot.  Feels very different from Arma2, almost worse then how it already is.

I understand this is all in development, but is this something that's staying?

Nothing is final. Nothing.

• Like 11

So, the window of two months from E3 is out of the picture, yes? Just curious.

I mean, as long as we can keep getting updates, I'll be content until whenever it's released. Doesn't need to be fancy, just some bullet points on a text document every so often would do. Great blog by the way. I hope to see the game grow before my eyes. 

• Like 2

<'gooogle translation'>

The zombie is very real because he make a jump when he is mad.

And one player have a helmet and no motorcycle.

In the real life this player is maybe retards.

• Like 7

Amazing how things shape up in such short time. Well done devs, well done. I hope that inventory bug gets sorted though ;)

I do agree that the zombie speed should finally be toned down to a normal speed. now that they can run in buildings and path towards your current location instead of following where you were, they will be fearsome even without hyperspeed.

On top of thanking you for making a game that I certainly am going to love, and have unknowingly wanted for my entire gaming life. I want to congratulate you rocket and all, for making a game that you guys have the passion for, and appear to have the freedom to execute. I'm very glad that you don't let the naysayers get to you. It's like a breathe of fresh air watching your project come to life.

• Like 4