rocket

Where are all the devblogs?

Seriously though, does this mean the alpha is happening?!

No, it does not.

Bummer, I was hoping there would be an alpha at some point.

• Like 1

Where does this entitlement come from?

*SLAP!*

No, once isn't enough... *SLAP!*

...Still not really enough *slapslapslapslapslapslapslapslapslapslapslapslapslapslapslapslapslapslapslapslapslapslapslapslapslapslapslapslapslapslap*

I'm starting to wonder if people even know what the definition of "entitlement" is.

Why are you here, you say it like we care.

Nay saying child is nay saying.

Get a hobby.. or a job.. write a book..ride a bike.. or a girl ??

I dont know do something untill its released

ohh I know you care.

That comment.....

Those suggestions are for the mod not the standalone.

well i don't think so...or why do you think they say they will have hundreds of or even a thousand items....

i'm 100% sure most of the ideas will find their way into SA

Edited by joe_mcentire

Oh man, i can't wait till alpha is out! Good luck to you rocket.

well i don't think so...or why do you think they say they will have hundreds of or even a thousand items....

They are for the mod, if you watched the FAQ a little back, they said they were trying to get a crafting system in.

Yeh that thread was Razor asking specifically for ideas for the mod but you're right good ideas from the forums always filter back to the SA dev team one way or another.

Edited by Fraggle

It's okay. I think I speak with all the other adults on the forum when I say in the standalone we want quality, and marked improvement. Gotta give it time to grow. Otherwise you kill the plant, dude.

• Like 3

Take yer time Rocket =3

I just got me gaming monster of a pc so I am now enjoying DayZ on max settings as it is =) That will tide me over for a long while.

I do have a question though. Could we see a zombie pic or two next week with the Devblog? =3

Edited by zfleming12

I like how you're the people pissed off at us for wanting information and notices when the game will actually happen. When in turn you'll be taking our money for the game thats been set way far behind with little to no information on a relase. To be honest I doubt very much Ill even know when the game comes out cuz I dont bother to check anymore. How bout Rocket go on another vacation(everest) or something prospone some more things. You've completely missed out on the whole zombie craze(Fading out like twilight). You'll still make a nice amount of money of that I'm sure. Its just sad this game had a lot more potential that was missed out on. Best of luck guys in doing what ever it is ur doing(what ever that may be). I'm sure ill pick up the game sometime but me and my other friends will surely find something else to replace waiting for u to realse something new.

I like how you're the people pissed off at us for wanting information and notices when the game will actually happen. When in turn you'll be taking our money for the game thats been set way far behind with little to no information on a relase. To be honest I doubt very much Ill even know when the game comes out cuz I dont bother to check anymore. How bout Rocket go on another vacation(everest) or something prospone some more things. You've completely missed out on the whole zombie craze(Fading out like twilight). You'll still make a nice amount of money of that I'm sure. Its just sad this game had a lot more potential that was missed out on. Best of luck guys in doing what ever it is ur doing(what ever that may be). I'm sure ill pick up the game sometime but me and my other friends will surely find something else to replace waiting for u to realse something new.

I'm confused about who that's aimed at :/

If it's aimed at the devs then they're not pissed off with peeps wanting info, that's why they're going to be giving us info and it's pretty much the point of this whole topic.  If it's aimed at us (mods) I couldn't give a shit whether you buy it or not, I won't be making any money out of it.

Your last sentence made the most sense, go and find another game to enjoy, it makes the waiting less painful.

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 7

And how do you know the game 'had alot more potential'? Are you a game developer? What's the point in releasing a worse version of the current DayZ mod we have? If Bohemia (or Rocket, whoever it doesn't matter) thinks the game isn't ready then it just isn't ready. There is nothing we can do about it other than just be patient and wait until the game eventually comes out and is at least decently playable so we can all be happy!

• Like 2

Hot diggidgy can't wait :D, only problem is just spent a £1000 quid preparing for the apocalypse by getting a gtx 780, 144hz monitor and 7.1 surround headset :(. If it came out tomorrow id be incredibly happy, but my bank manager wouldn't be

post-166539-0-47593600-1374958734_thumb.

• Like 1

When in turn I'll be giving you my money for the game thats been set way far behind with little to no information on a relase.

Fixed. Nobody is "taking your money." You choose willfully to spend it or not. The mod is free.

Furthermore, this game has been in development for literally one year. Even call of duty games take longer than that to complete. How long has watch dogs been under development? How long did the Fallout games take to develop? The answer is years. It took years to get them to the state they were in before they were even released. We should consider ourselves lucky to be playing a prototype. Most games don't advance this quickly. So I don't see how it's "way behind" in terms of a realistic development standpoint. I would consider it right on track, actually. A standalone release is going to have to fill some really big shoes if it wants to actually succeed. They simply need time to make progress. They are tackling huge problems, which require more elegant solutions that most other games. I'd say they're doing a fine job.

• Like 7

To be honest, I like Dayz as it was before, but now? The original Dayz Mod became very 'difficult' to play.. I don´t really like the way dayz is heading with the last update, like come on getting infected after 4 hits? really? I spawned in Elektro went crouching through the city, got spotted by 1 zed and suddenly the whole city is after me.. and this is not really a fun way to play the game.. The last update was supposed to let player think if they kill on sight or team up to fight the zeds.. Problem is, the people who played together for a while and spawn fresh will not be very lucky finding a gun/melee weapon before getting infected.. And the other kind of people who shot on sight, they now shoot on sight and hope their victim has antibiotics with him.. Is this really smart? And the worst thing is getting infected by already dead zeds.. I had killed a zed with a machete, he falls down on the ground and after 1 sec he suddenly stands, hits me and falls back down without me hitting him again..

Please SA and Mod Team, don´t let a game which was fun to play become a game which is 'realistic'. Because sometimes being not 100% realistic is more fun..

I appreciate that the team is taking their time to make a good game, but If the Mod keeps getting worse, than can you keep the SA..

Edited by ToastiMan
  • Like 2

Please SA and Mod Team, don´t let a game which was fun to play become a game which is 'realistic'. Because sometimes being not 100% realistic is more fun..

Yeah, I always say that Realism gets in the way of fun.

• Like 1

Unfortunately, a lot of the things that Rocket is implementing in the game will probably make DayZ SA annoyingly realistic to the point that playing the game will feel like a chore.

• Like 2

Unfortunately, a lot of the things that Rocket is implementing in the game will probably make DayZ SA annoyingly realistic to the point that playing the game will feel like a chore.

As long as it keeps the COD kiddies away I'm happy!  ;)

• Like 3

Yeah so much for going back to basics like he keeps saying.

Seriously though, does this mean the alpha is happening?!

No, it does not. There is no set release date. When an alpha candidate passes it's milestone review, it will be released.

its-happening-ron-paul-gif.gif?w=900

<'gooogle translation'>

I dont understand this massage.

What is this say and will there be special jackets for doctors?

• Like 1

Truth be told I could use a massage too, even if I didn't understand it. Don't care though if the masseur wore a special doctor jacket or not.