rocket

Where are all the devblogs?

Do you guys think it will be out at the end of the month?.

You mean within the next two days? no chance.

You mean within the next two days? no chance.

FFS i'm going to be so bored then lmao can't even game ps3 cause the laser died have to get it repaired today...

We all know we are going to be hundreds of thousands of people in The Alpha! :D Let's face it 1,7 million own dayz and AT LEAST the half of them want a new repaired version of this high quality game!

Edited by kanars

We all know we are going to be hundreds of thousands of people in The Alpha! :D Let's face it 1,7 million own dayz and AT LEAST the half of them want a new repaired version of this high quality game!

Why did you put it in red....

RED IS ONLY USED FOR HIGHLIGHTING INCORRECT GRAMMAR!...

it's also far from being just a "mod"

Edit: FYI I'm involved with a few other SA games being developed as well as large A2 mods.

Dayz is coming on in leaps and bounds. The time it's taken to get this far is IMHO very short indeed.

L

That's a good point.  Whenever a new mod (or spin-off of DayZ appears) people say "look what these guys have achieved already and we're still waiting for the SA!!! Rockets team sucks!" need to understand some basic facts.

Most of the mods we see literally just tweak DayZ a bit (it's still Deans work that provides the meat of the game) and then pluck community made assets from the Armaholic website that have been around for years and squish them all into a new mod, or at least mod of a mod.  The actual "new" content is very thin in the ground.

Every single item you will see in the SA is new and has been created for the SA.  There's already quite a few and the list is growing fast.  I saw a lot of comments about the zed noises being the same as the mod.  Well those zed noises are placeholders because they already have that asset so may as well use it in development.  I've played games in alpha that have no sound at all, litarally.  When everything's in place they're going into the sound studio and recording a completely new sound catalogue for the zeds, but there's no point in doing that until the zeds are near to complete.

That's just one example.  Excluding the map you'll be looking at a completely new game and even the map is having hundreds of man hours spent on it.  Saying it's a polished up mod is a massive understatement.

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 14

@Wolfensteinsaurus I used red letters because I CAN! Just kidding xD I had a little problem with the editor and I couldnt make my letters readable.

@Wolfensteinsaurus I used red letters because I CAN! Just kidding xD I had a little problem with the editor and I couldnt make my letters readable.

Fair enough....

• Like 1

The only thing I hate more than bad grammar is a grammar Nazi.

The only thing I hate more than a grammar nazi is a grammar nazi with bad grammar.  ^_^

• Like 4

I can't wait any longer.... SHIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET !! 249-impossibru.jpg

Calm down dude :D the devblog is coming soon and I bet on Friday because Friday used to be the developer blog DAY! Let's hope I am wrong!  :P

• Like 1

it's also far from being just a "mod"

Edit: FYI I'm involved with a few other SA games being developed as well as large A2 mods.

Dayz is coming on in leaps and bounds. The time it's taken to get this far is IMHO very short indeed.

L

Who said anything about it being better than the mod? My point is the game uses a ton of assets from previous bi projects so its not built from scratch as others suggested.

Who said anything about it being better than the mod? My point is the game uses a ton of assets from previous bi projects so its not built from scratch as others suggested.

As Fraggle just so eloquently pointed out, your point is wrong.. 

I'm guessing you're one of those that are of the mentality that "if it looks the same, it is the same", without having any knowledge or appreciation of the back-end of things right?

Do some research before spouting off your pedantic bs.  :rolleyes:

Edited by CapricornOne

I can't wait any longer.... SHIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET !! 249-impossibru.jpg

I can. A buggy Alpha game is less fun than the Origins Mod.

• Like 2

Who said anything about it being better than the mod?

no one. What I said is a continuation from your quoted sentence.

My point is the game uses a ton of assets from previous bi projects so its not built from scratch as others suggested.

It's very very common NOT to use brand new original assets as it cuts down on development time. Also what one see's on screen is only the tip of an iceberg.

The SA is, to me, comparable to a game built using the UDK. There's a common base but while we can argue on the "game from scratch" semantics it pretty much *is* from scratch.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 4

Excluding the map for now, what assets have been imported from previous BIS projects?

• Like 1

oh, fraggle, when one thinks of chernarus, even that isn't really the same.

A standard building may well have been used as a new buildings base, but it's definitely  different as theres been a 75% of additions/changes etc.

L

Excluding the map for now, what assets have been imported from previous BIS projects?

So you think you can gear up in Cherno and head Nth for the hills still,,, ha !

I can. A buggy Alpha game is less fun than the Origins Mod.

Talking about buggy alphas... LOL. 

BTW- Wargame, come join PCGN again. We dropped the Chernarus server and now host Origins. ;) RonSoda and friends miss you. 

Edited by BeastOverlord

I know lol but if someone says the SA is using "tons" of assets from previous projects I'm just interest to know what those are.

Edited by Fraggle

Why did you put it in red?...

RED IS ONLY USED FOR HIGHLIGHTING INCORRECT GRAMMAR!...

• Like 1

I know lol but if someone says the SA is using "tons" of assets from previous projects I'm just interest to know what those are.

He won't retort, but will simply wait for another convenient opportunity to push his agenda.  :rolleyes: I swear, some self-proclaimed fans almost act as if they want the game to fail (more than likely due to severe butthurt). Tad ridiculous if you ask me.

Edited by CapricornOne
  • Like 1

You cant do that anymore?

then that makes Cherno and Elektro Totally Useless

Talking about buggy alphas... LOL. 

BTW- Wargame, come join PCGN again. We dropped the Chernarus server and now host Origins. ;) RonSoda and friends miss you. 

Well thank you very much! I shall do that :)