hedich

Barbwire really?

The way it is now, barbwire has no place in the game. For the most part it is useless as it is most often used to wire off loot spawn areas or houses. I have been jumping servers today and one of them was incredibly horrible. Both major cities near the spawn areas had EVERYTHING barbwired. Essentially it is impossible to get any items at all. The people that barbwire everything are roaming arround killing the people.

Here are some ideas:

barbwire only holds for 5-10 minutes.

You can move through barbwire at 60% normal speed or alternatively atempt to dismantle it (no toolbox needed) with a 70% chance to fail and loose some blood.

Somehow limit it so that a single person can never set up more than 3 short pieces of barbwire.

Everyone starts with a cutter that can destroy a barbwire.

These are just some of the ideas.

The biggest issue is that people are heavily barbed wiring industrial facilities where toolboxes spawn, therefore denying players the ability to get toolboxes to remove them.

People are using barbed wire to make it harder to remove barbed wire.

If barbed wire is not removed, then toolbox spawn rates could be jacked up (although this will probably cause people to barbed-wire every single enterable building). The only defense at that point is to give players toolboxes from the start of the game. Which is also ridiculous.

I'm also in favor of removing barbed wire ASAP.

If you want to keep an area "safe" then barbed wire would be the way to go. But, yes i think some people do it becasue they are..how to put it....KNOBS!

Hmmm yea such a hax.... I mean how did they put those barbed wire fences up man.... I mean like they must be spawnin them toolboxes... I can"t seem to find any to take down the barricades and come to the forums to QQ

I'm finding barbed wire in extremely strange places, including houses. They are in the same location on multiple servers and in the same configurations. Server hopping does not help.

It appears that someone is making an effort to do this to many servers. It is extremely easy for a single person with a toolbox and a lot of wire to deny access to a single building on multiple servers very quickly, to say nothing of what a hacker who spawns things is capable of.

Again, I'm finding the most barbed wire around industrial areas where toolboxes spawn, making it very difficult to remove barbed wire at all -- except for maybe hackers, or people who already have toolboxes.

Max......... do you notice how everyone is moaning and whining about how.... they can"t get into places with lots of loot in MAJOR CITIES IN THE SOUTH. I have found two toolboxes in the past 2 days. In the south people simply find a toolbox.... get wire and tanktraps,barricade things. Instead of being lazy and just camping your southern loot spawns and waiting till your kitted out with an M16,M9SD,Coyote backpack, and waiting to get all the tools you need for wilderness survival. Go north.... I went north and I got the MK48 Mod 0 with red dot sight, (Best automatic weapon in the game aside from the gun on the Huey) M4A1 with 6 mags and a toolbox... along with enough fortifacations to build a fortress.... and no I am not a bandit, I lead a group of 10 men in the North. So my message to the people complaining of barricades at there classic loot-camping places in the south, My message is GO NORTH.

its retarted to block enterable buildings with the barb wire, and you can only vault over barb wires when they're stuck in the ground

Eh, I don't 'camp' those per se im just wandering normally, but what do we do when all the northern shit gets wired too? :/

Also, people are doubling barbed wire to prevent vaulting.

The north has so many pro players that scavenge NWAF with toolboxes..... I don"t think that it will get wired anytime soon. As for Zelenogorsk and Berezino. People up north assault Berezino alot, and Zelenogorsk really only has a grocery store worth looting. (I barricaded it once while I was waiting for medical supplies and never removed it)

I'm all for challenging gameplay, but barbed wire is nothing more than a tool for griefing. Came across it a few times, but if what people are saying on this thread is true, I expect to come across it a lot more.

I'm not sure what the thinking behind locking players out of loot spots is. You start with nothing, so you need loot+no lootable buildings=no point in playing. Is that what people want?

Some people need to realise that this game will live, or die, depending on the strenth of the playebase......

I'm all for challenging gameplay' date=' but barbed wire is nothing more than a tool for griefing. Came across it a few times, but if what people are saying on this thread is true, I expect to come across it a lot more.

I'm not sure what the thinking behind locking players out of loot spots is. You start with nothing, so you need loot+no lootable buildings=no point in playing. Is that what people want?

Some people need to realise that this game will live, or die, depending on the strenth of the playebase......

[/quote']

When I first started playing the game there were always groups of people who in essence staked their "claims" at the airfields, Berenzino, and Stary Sobor. There was much ado about staying away from those places unless you wanted to be summarily "shot in the fucking face". In a post I read awhile back someone had written about how he had to shoot someone at the northwest airfield because they didn't have a security pass. Security Pass? It made me laugh, at least.

Maybe the game is being kind directed towards this type of playing now. Find a good loot building, throw down your wire, the building is essentially yours. In the final game product you'd have to buy points or something to get some wirecutters in your backpack for a few hours. Yes, I know, Rocket has said he despises microtransactions, and so do I (2 gamers in this house nickle and dime me half to death). Publishers,on the other hand, love them.

I'm not a...um..."career" gamer myself, but since the last update the game has felt like a great deal of time consuming work. It's made me wonder whether or not they are attempting to cull the player base. Frustrate the more casual gamers to the extent they stop playing. What they will be left with are the types of players from whom the most money can be made. Again, YES, I know, they are also testing bits and pieces for game mechanics and what not. And I do love the concept, that's why I'm here. But it's going to go mainstream at some point (deservedly so) and the bottom line is profit. I may be super-cynical but I can't imagine that the developers and players are the only ones keeping an eye on this forum. There's a great deal of fodder for marketing research freely available here as well.

Yeah i'm seeing a lot of wire, even out in the countryside, I think the spawn rate is either too high or it has too many uses.

Hopefully it will be tweaked.

I have no problem with placement of permanent fortifications. It makes sense.

I also have no problem with taking down the fortifications myself.

My problem is the "meta-gaming" side of it where you can enter a building, barricade it up so that not even you can get out of it, grabbing the loot and hopping to the next server, appearing in the same place ... rinse and repeat through some trans-server teleportation...

In my opinion, that's bordering on cheating just like quitting to avoid death. Yes it's possible to do it in game, doesn't mean it should be done however.

Max......... do you notice how everyone is moaning and whining about how.... they can"t get into places with lots of loot in MAJOR CITIES IN THE SOUTH. I have found two toolboxes in the past 2 days. In the south people simply find a toolbox.... get wire and tanktraps' date='barricade things. Instead of being lazy and just camping your southern loot spawns and waiting till your kitted out with an M16,M9SD,Coyote backpack, and waiting to get all the tools you need for wilderness survival. Go north.... I went north and I got the MK48 Mod 0 with red dot sight, (Best automatic weapon in the game aside from the gun on the Huey) M4A1 with 6 mags and a toolbox... along with enough fortifacations to build a fortress.... and no I am not a bandit, I lead a group of 10 men in the North. So my message to the people complaining of barricades at there classic loot-camping places in the south, My message is GO NORTH.

[/quote']

Dude, seriously. STFU. (Im being friendly, not hostile)

Dont tell people where to go.

Let them die endlessly until they get smart enough on there own.

Elektro was all wired up at my game too (NL server). I first checked the firestation and the church but I couldn't loot the makarov I saw. After that I went to the big office and got shot in the face with a shotgun.

I bought this game the day before yesterday and am enjoing it very much.

But these barbwires are becoming a pain in the ass if you want to get some loot at well known places.

Greetings Kris

Recently was in a server where somebody had put 5 layers of barbed wire and about 10 hedgehogs on the entrance to the factory southeast of Polana, and then probably about 20 fences individually within the compound. Thankfully, me and a mate had toolboxes, but I can see how all that barbed wire could be a nuisance.

I wouldn't be against a nerf in the spawn rate. Maybe it's my bias in wanderlust, but I've never seen a use for any of the fortifications.

It just seems funny to me that we mention "industrial" areas MAYBE spawning toolboxes. Every single home on my block has a toolbox. I would wager 98% of all homes in my city have a toolbox. Maybe this item shouldn't be so rare? In such a rural area everyone would have tools in their home. Toolboxes should spawn a bit more often than say a canteen.

i can vault over wire as well as sand bags ...they dont really stop the zom's as they morph through it anyway

I usuly dont bitch about content but this is just to much' date=' just left a server that had barbwire on almost every single loot spot in elektro.

this is a greifer tool nothing else needs to go.

that's all.

[/quote']

I agree the razor wire should despawn 1 hour after the player that placed it dies. On one of the main servers I play on the wire is in most of the major fire stations as a camper tool and the toolbox is such a rare spawn it is hard to counter it....someone also started placing it in area's that new players go like barns so they couldn't get weapons and ended up farming a ton of people as a result. It is a little to over powerd at the moment and also it goes through the walls of buildings which makes no sense.....

I hate bobwire, I got trapped inside of a building. I broke my legs and died trying to get over it. If it continues it should be limited to one or two pieces being laid per a person so you dont even up with whole city's blocked off. They block off all the buildings and snipe every one trying to get in them. At least give us wire cutters.