Ejw

Humanity loss - Self Defence

When someone kills a friendly next to you and starts shooting at you, killing them isn't really murder since that kind of move is of a bandit. So if you kill someone who starts attacking you first, I don't think you should have to lose humanity points for killing them since it's self-defence. Of course people aiming to become a bandit wouldn't like this but I think the majority would.

• Like 2

Been suggested a million times. I'm on the fence about it, because there are tons of positives that come from it, but there are also tons of negatives.

• Like 1

It is a murder. Don't be silly. The concept of self defence is not universal.

I find the humanity thing silly and artificial, but hey according to the yahoos who support humanity, killing "anyone" will make you slowly go insane.

Edited by Lady Kyrah

You murdered him, plain and simple.

If you're focused around your humanity, maim him and run, don't kill him.

• Like 2

Thought it hadn't been suggested since I searched but kind of obvious subject I suppose. Also killing a bandit is murder, so then why don't you lose humanity points from killing them? You can still have the characteristics of a bandit without having the skin so this why I think something like this should be implemented. 

Edited by Ejw

Do like Jesus and turn the other cheek!

I can't think of any situations in which it would be justified to actually kill someone, especially if they're only trying to murder you.

Yeah "humanity" is kind of broken and always will be.

• Like 3

Do like Jesus and turn the other cheek!

I can't think of any situations in which it would be justified to actually kill someone, especially if they're only trying to murder you.

Yeah "humanity" is kind of broken and always will be.

I think beans is a very justifiable reason to shoot someone.

murder and man slaughter are the 2 differences here so yes they both have to just register as a murder but it is a strange issue because but the person above is right..the concept of self defence  but it should in some way still be fair in the way of if a bandit is shooting at u first and you kill the bandit it shouldnt register as a murder.. or maybe it allready doesnt i dont know ?

To hell with humanity....

I'm a cold grammar nazi, I don't care who I kill, I only care if I correct them first...

“grammatical errors: 2”

• Like 1

if you want play like hero skin guy but make kills for defend yourself is problem for sure. :|

is possible make too many blood bag for some guys to make humanity higher or something like this?

for me is ok, my humanty is more than -12 thousands something, is take me 1 month play like some carebear for make one hero skin - but I never do like this, is not for me the fun way for make play. :P

• Like 1

Wait, what? The replies here are very... strange.

Self defense is literally defending yourself when someone is trying to take your life. There's nothing wrong with defending yourself. Defense is not murder at all.

Defending yourself should not give you humanity loss.

Edited by colekern
  • Like 3

Self defense is literally defending yourself when someone is trying to take your life. There's nothing wrong with defending yourself. Defense is not murder at all.

Exactly... I'm not sure if my sarcasm got through.

According to humanity defenders, killing a human being is such a thraumatic event that it will make you insane, hence humanity system. Why killing someone to save your own life would be any different?

It's not my logic.

Might as well rename Humanity by Stupidity so that we can have the same sterile conversation about it, but just with a funnier tone to it.

According to humanity defenders, killing a human being is such a thraumatic event that it will make you insane, hence humanity system. Why killing someone to save your own life would be any different?

It's not my logic.

whomever that logic belongs to, it's wrong.

if you want play like hero skin guy but make kills for defend yourself is problem for sure. :|

is possible make too many blood bag for some guys to make humanity higher or something like this?

for me is ok, my humanty is more than -12 thousands something, is take me 1 month play like some carebear for make one hero skin - but I never do like this, is not for me the fun way for make play. :P

literally everytime KoS posts it makes me smile, thank you for your broken English - it is genuinely awesome :)

The humanity will be broken, as it originates from ArmA 2 'friendly fire' stuff (if you kill 2 friendlies in arma you are shot on sight) , the same thing with dayz, but expanded to the hero status. Now I have to crush your feelings:

It will never, ever be repaired in the mod! Muahahaha!

Also, self defence 'murderer' is not a murderer, but killing in self defence. Problem solved for you.

When someone kills a friendly next to you and starts shooting at you, killing them isn't really murder since that kind of move is of a bandit. So if you kill someone who starts attacking you first, I don't think you should have to lose humanity points for killing them since it's self-defence. Of course people aiming to become a bandit wouldn't like this but I think the majority would.

Someone shooting another right next to him is not banditry, that choice of word like the word zombie for the infected is so wrong and misleading imo.

Let's juts put everything that involves homicide without reason into two words: "stupid KoS"

I have an issue with this too, while i dont think you should gain humanity, a player should be able to defend his/herself without sacrificing their reputation. I feel humanity is more that than anything else, a reputation, do you try to help, or slaughter all in your path. Both have pros and cons, and both can be fun depending on who you are. But its unbalanced when one cant kill the other without becoming the other....

Humanity shouldn't be measured. A lot of the players lack common sense, compassion and humanity anyway when they turn on their computer.

Edited by Enforcer

Hi guys and girls! My solution is to choise at the beginning with side u fight for. The choice for man or woman is unnecessary. (Sorry girls) more needed to choice the side, or maybe u can choice by rooster.

Hi guys and girls! My solution is to choise at the beginning with side u fight for. The choice for man or woman is unnecessary. (Sorry girls) more needed to choice the side, or maybe u can choice by rooster.

What??? There are no sides in DayZ...no blufor, opfor or independant...

Would zeds be Indies or OPFOR?

Would zeds be Indies or OPFOR?

Technically zeds are civilians which should be indies set to "friendly to nobody". This side thing was part of the military game ArmA anyway...in the SA there shouldn't be any sides at all imo.

I see there is lots of low intel user here, i try to explane for u. If the game already has 2 sides 1 for "good" 1 for "bad" players, why we cant choice?? the "goods" becomes negative karma if they shoot a bad guy??

I vote extremly for side choice!!