rocket

Pending Hotfix: Build 1.7.1.5

btw.

I dont get the idear with teaming up in the beginning of the game now.

Alone you get less infected more loot

If you team up you get more infected everywhere and you have to share the loot.

When you had a gun you could do some focus fire now you can just run together.

Or as the noob i am did i misunderstand something ?

Danish

...this is probably an ArmA 2 engine problem' date=' but is there any chance of fixing the bug where, when you enter a building in prone, you instantly revert to standing up, resulting in 5 audibility and visibilty, and attracting all the nearby zombies you were trying to avoid :(

[/quote']

Its not the standing up that is the problem (in 1.7.1.4); there's a zed awareness bug (on the fix list for 1.7.1.5)

If you are fixing tents at the moment could you please fix "cook food" option too? I seen similar issue there. If you click too fast on the button you will get "extra" food.

* [FIXED] Can dupe food during cooking if click really fast (now you cannot)

how am i supposed to download the new patch? i use the sixlouncher but immo i dunno how to play the new wersion :?

and thx for your hard work again :)

I dont know about sexual anxiety meter' date=' but perhaps some kind of loneliness meter that effects your sanity?

The more time you spend alone, the lower the meter gets and you could start hearing random zombie noises when there are none, Zombie agro noises when they are still all calm, possible hallucinations ect.

Could help promote co-operation since to keep the level up, youd have to spend some time close to living players. The higher a players humanity that you are near, the quicker the level would go up. Meter doesnt go up when around players with low humanity.

[/quote']

But some people really enjoy going around by themselves from time to time, including me. I think this is not such a hot idea, the focus on forcing people to cooperate should come from reducing people being bandits, not people being loners.

This. just the latest idea trying to force the rest to play as you would like.

Just an idea, not trying to force anything.

But instead of hijacking this thread, i thought it best to create one specifically for it. So please direct any comments or criticisms there :)

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=17004

I dont know about sexual anxiety meter' date=' but perhaps some kind of loneliness meter that effects your sanity?

The more time you spend alone, the lower the meter gets and you could start hearing random zombie noises when there are none, Zombie agro noises when they are still all calm, possible hallucinations ect.

Could help promote co-operation since to keep the level up, youd have to spend some time close to living players. The higher a players humanity that you are near, the quicker the level would go up. Meter doesnt go up when around players with low humanity.

[/quote']

This sounds like a good idea! I can see it freakin the shit out of some people though and sometimes seeming out of place. but i think it would be a good idea if implemented well.

Or maybe even hearing gunshots! That'd be so fucked! I like it.

Great idea, if it's done right but idk.

how am i supposed to download the new patch? i use the sixlouncher but immo i dunno how to play the new wersion :?

and thx for your hard work again :)

See the Pending bit in the subject?

I can't exactly find the thread but someone suggested that there would be server specific characters. This would fix DCing from pvp' date=' server hoping for loot, and ghosting.

[/quote']

You might be referring to me. I started a thread on this.

Idea was that the first server you log into with your new character is your 'primary' server, and when you log back into it, you spawn where you left off, just like now. But, when you log into a different server for the first time, you get a random spawn somewhere on the map outside of a town (woods).

That way, there is no logging back in to appear behind someone during a firefight, there's no server-hopping for loot, and there's no spawning into the middle of people's camps if they want to set up a little safe-haven (the Trading Post thread, which would be possible with my idea being implemented).

Small inconvenience for 'legal' players who want to switch servers once in a while, but it would completely solve so many problems we have with server-hopping and loot-farming :D

Keep up the amazing work Rocket :heart:

" I dont know about sexual anxiety meter, but perhaps some kind of loneliness meter that effects your sanity?"

Horrible idea as discussed in the thread dedicated to it elsewhere on this forum.

I'm not sure if it's still a bug in 1.7.1.4, but yesterday on a 1.7.1.1 server me and my friend were able to see every zombie, corpse, and animal with the peripheral vision dots right in front of our eyes.

By that, I mean that the white blobs were actually floating in front of the target's chests; we could see zombies in another town, or behind buildings, but it hasn't occurred in any other servers we've been on.

Is the fast respawn of Zeds like it should be right now?(had yesterday respawn within 45-60 seconds) or is that still a Issue?

Thanks so far for putting ur effort and time in DayZ, it will be perfect once!:D

[/quote']

This sounds like a good idea! I can see it freakin the shit out of some people though and sometimes seeming out of place. but i think it would be a good idea if implemented well.

+1 Great idea.

Oh god please no! This mod is about having the freedom to do what you want and what you think is necessary to survive. I don't want to be forced to team up.

Audibility was my biggest thing so far right next to the fact that melee weapons are almost useless considering the fact that the zeds lag and can hit you 10 feet away without doing any animation. We fix that, and I'm completely cool.

I was crawling around in a Building when i suddenly broke my arm or leg ... i dont know ... it happened to me when i was crawling through a door ...

It happened to me in a different Builduing when i was crawling through a door again ... Is this a Bug or is it just part of the realism that its just possible to brake an arm or a leg when you crawl through a town for an hour or two like a maniac?

Could be the Arma II Engine instead of problems with the hotfix ...

THIS IS NOT A HATE OMG OMG FIX THIS HATE POST .... I'm just trying to contribute something to the thread ...

It is a bug with the Arma 2 engines buggy collision detection and has always persisted. Quick fix is, dont crawl on stairs or through doorways also don't try to crawl through tight spaces e.g. between two walls or between a stone wall and a bush etc. I broke my legs and lost 6k blood immediately twice yesterday. One was when I tried to crawl between a bush and a stone wall the other was when I tried to crawl between 2 trees that were too close together even though there was plenty of space to crawl through.

Found a bug yesterday that I haven't seen anyone report when reading thought the forums,

If there's a gun on the floor that you want to put in your backpack but don't have enough room, the item/gun will totally disappear. I've come across this twice and Both times with guns so I don't know if it's the same with other items or not

Found a bug yesterday that I haven't seen anyone report when reading thought the forums' date='

If there's a gun on the floor that you want to put in your backpack but don't have enough room, the item/gun will totally disappear. I've come across this twice and Both times with guns so I don't know if it's the same with other items or not

[/quote']

This has happened since day one

Found a bug yesterday that I haven't seen anyone report when reading thought the forums' date='

[/quote']

Pretty sure this is an engine bug, though I'm not sure if the devs are aware of it. Can't access dev-heaven right now.

I was crawling around in a Building when i suddenly broke my arm or leg ... i dont know ... it happened to me when i was crawling through a door ...

It happened to me in a different Builduing when i was crawling through a door again ... Is this a Bug or is it just part of the realism that its just possible to brake an arm or a leg when you crawl through a town for an hour or two like a maniac?

Could be the Arma II Engine instead of problems with the hotfix ...

THIS IS NOT A HATE OMG OMG FIX THIS HATE POST .... I'm just trying to contribute something to the thread ...

It is a bug with the Arma 2 engines buggy collision detection and has always persisted. Quick fix is' date=' dont crawl on stairs or through doorways also don't try to crawl through tight spaces e.g. between two walls or between a stone wall and a bush etc. I broke my legs and lost 6k blood immediately twice yesterday. One was when I tried to crawl between a bush and a stone wall the other was when I tried to crawl between 2 trees that were too close together even though there was plenty of space to crawl through.

[/quote']

But as this bug can not be fixed and we often have to crawl into buildings I really think we should have at least 1 morphine from the beginning. That or broken bones healing after a few minutes as requested before. Otherwise you'll have to restart as soon as it happens.

[FIX] Work over the hatchet so it does not act as a arm range pistol. Right now it produces small clouds, similar to gunfire, upon each swing. Also, there is blood effect if you strike with hatchet in prone lying on the road.

[sUGGESTION] Might be logical to increase morphine spawn rate in military structures, and maybe some ~0.05% chance to morphine spawn in common house. It could be doctor's residence before the outbreak.

+1 Great idea.

Oh god please no! This mod is about having the freedom to do what you want and what you think is necessary to survive. I don't want to be forced to team up.

I get where you're coming from and I agree, but in real life, if you were surviving on your own, out in the wilderness, during a zed apocalypse... you'd get paranoid and hear things. If you have even just a single person with you, you'd be much less paranoid for pretty simple reasons. First and foremost, you'd be able to relay to a friend that you thought you heard something and see if they heard it to. That in itself I think would reduce paranoia a lot.

Next, if you really did hear something, you know that your friend will have your back if you're in trouble, AKA not on your own to die alone.

If done subtly, like the Bandit/Heartbeat thing, it could work. Don't dismiss it immediately.

[/quote']

+1 Great idea.

I guess your kinda right. then there should be something else that gives both kinds of players more choice, Sanity meter sounded like a okay idea?

Rocket, please see if you can do something about the zombies losing your sight and then detecting you if you're one floor up.

I picked up a few zombies, went in a building with two floors (warehouse style) around a corner then climbed the ladders to the first floor and just sat there crouched because i couldn't move anywhere (that's how one of the ladders are in that building).

The zombies started to walk around and approached slowly towards the ladders then one of those zombies that go around crouched all the time simply teleported at the top of the ladders.. i was trapped between him and the walkway bars and died.

The zombies don't look up, it doesn't feel realistic for them to suddenly start climbing ladders once they lose you.

I was also heard (or seen?) when i was behind a hill from a zombie (but I think you already fixed this)

Good job on these fixes.

I have to agree with some of the other posts regarding the removal of the Melee option for the time being.

Not having a weapon at start cuppled with high aggro, on top of zombies being able to knock you out or at the very least bleeding in one shot is proving too hard to test out how zombies react.