rocket

Pending Hotfix: Build 1.7.1.5

This is a mod' date=' not a game. If you want to use the flashlight, or a melee weapon (which doesnt even EXIST in the base game...) they must be in the primary/secondary slot. Melee weapons can't be in secondary because animation is too limited.

[/quote']

Understood, but what if you could transfer your pistol to the toolbelt and then transfer the flashlight in to the secondary. The pistol can be thought of as on your hip. The flightlight I'm sure works the same way in your test scenario. This way the handgun never has to weirdly consume half your backpack space for something the size of a can of beans.

The primary weapon melee thing is totally fine. If you want to be silent to other players you have to limit your firepower by stowing your rifle, and that completely works as long as you can chop wood from the tool belt like before.

Quick question--is the whole "having to get up to go through doorways" thing an Arma II engine limitation, or can it be changed in the mod?

Add Holster for pistol(a utility slot) where you can store your current pistol to solve your must drop pistol to get a flashlight.

Me likey.

Oh gods yes. Being able to put a pistol in a holster or even in your backpack would be a big plus, especially when you're trying to team up and aren't interested in PK-ing.

I wouldn't say this is a bug but Zombies seem to have crazy attack range since the change to there attack range which makes using my trusty hatchet very hard since they can hit me before I can hit them alot of the time. I will say though I love using the melee weapons alot of fun running around Cherno as an axe murderer.. Again it just seems even though im using it as a weapon my attack range is shorter then a zombies most of the time but its really hard to test this out since they don't exactly cooperate with my attempted testing.. they just don't want to stand still long enough.

My guess about the hatchet space issue is that you won't be getting it out that often once on the toolbelt. It seems to be a good melee weapon until you get a gun' date=' then it's a tool for getting firewood. If it were equipped to your pistol slot then maybe it would be feasible for switching.

[/quote']

This, I see all kinds of melee as secondary.

Honestly the packing to toolbelt of the flashlight and hatchet is an unoptimal way to solve the issue. You would still need additional slots for your primary or secondary weapon when you unpack both "tools".

For example: A character carries a Winchester' date=' a Makarov, toolbelt flashlights and hatchet and his 10-slot coyote bag is full of various shit (beans, bandages, flares...). When he unpacks his hatchet, he needs TEN slots to unequip his Winchester and put it in the bag to make room for the hatchet. Same applies for the flashlight with the handgun. He would need those 10 slots free at all times to be able to switch between hatchet and rifle if he wants to freely use both (and be mobile across the map - otherwise he would need to free bag space to store rifle/handgun).

What's the point? Unpacking tools conflicts with space availability to store same category equipment. Please rethink the changes.

[/quote']

this.

Well with this thought in mind, I've been thinking of something Rocket, maybe allow these tool belt items to be used without unequipping / removing your primary or secondary weapons, like allow tool belt items to be used via the mouse wheel or the "F" menu like how you switch to flares / chemlights / cans & bottles to throw / grenades etc. so you can use those tool items without dropping / unequipping your primary & secondary.

That sound any better? Or is this even possible? unsure of engine capabilities.. *shrug*

This is a mod, not a game. If you want to use the flashlight, or a melee weapon (which doesnt even EXIST in the base game...) they must be in the primary/secondary slot. Melee weapons can't be in secondary because animation is too limited.

Hi Rocket!! I believe I've mentioned the Rifle Butt animation in Arma before. (I'm sure you know this already) Could this be a working option for allowing melee without losing/replacing you primary weapon?? I'd be interested to know if this was considered and prevented by a technical issue? Tying the riflebutt attack as a "F" key option might be the best of all worlds, allowing for a stealth attack while still retaining the capability of use your main weapon....

So many hotfixes, but i like them :)

This is a mod' date=' not a game. If you want to use the flashlight, or a melee weapon (which doesnt even EXIST in the base game...) they must be in the primary/secondary slot. Melee weapons can't be in secondary because animation is too limited.

[/quote']

Understood, but what if you could transfer your pistol to the toolbelt and then transfer the flashlight in to the secondary. The pistol can be thought of as on your hip. The flightlight I'm sure works the same way in your test scenario. This way the handgun never has to weirdly consume half your backpack space for something the size of a can of beans.

The primary weapon melee thing is totally fine. If you want to be silent to other players you have to limit your firepower by stowing your rifle, and that completely works as long as you can chop wood from the tool belt like before.

I just figured if you kept your primary weapon on your back, like it is normally if your using a secondary, you would have your hands free to use a melee weapon without unequipping your primary or secondary. *shrug* But whatever Rocket decides will be fine I'm sure, I'm just here to throw out ideas and suggestions! :-P

BUG:

Cant pick up hatches!!! Since 1.7.1

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/406/2012062000002.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/337/2012062000001y.jpg/

picked one up in 1.7.1 never died since...

my hatchet was gone when i updated to the melee patch, foudn a new one but couldnt pick it up (1.7.1.1 ? )

tried to pick one up in 1.7.1.2 same issue

1.7.1.4 cant pick them up either

I even droped everything in my backback to make room (yes i droped more then the pic is showing)

Beta patch 98325 is installed

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/171/2012062000003.jpg/

Happens on:

DayZ Zombie RPG - Germany 10 (v1.7.1.4) dayzmod.com - Hosted by KrebsCOHO Commentaries - www.youtube.com/KrebsCOHO

@rocket

Any chance of having a group of (lets say 3 to 5) steel bolts per item slot?

EDIT: This would liven up usage of the crossbow much I think

I fully agree with this. I love using the crossbow, but can only carry 3-4 bolts when carrying other gear i need. Adding a quiver for the bolts, or just making the bolts have a higher ammo count (ie: Winchester ammo comes in things of 15, Lee comes in clips of 10, maybe bolts come in groups of three?) would make this often overlooked weapon much more useful.

Excited to try the new hotfix, thanks for your work.

I've noticed some people saying the morphine spawn rate seems low and I feel inclined to agree with them. Last night, a friend of mine crawled for nearly three hours without finding any morphine; despite being able to investigate various buildings including a hospital. As to how he was able to do this, he received a large stash of winchester ammo after my blood and bones were eviscerated while proning through a door.

Seriously though, EVERYTHING in this game breaks your bones; maybe more of an ARMA 2 collision detection issue than DayZ code, but when you combine that with the zombies increased rate of bone breaking; it just seems like a method for fixing broken bones should be more accessible.

I still think that there should be some sort of starting weapon, but I'm interested in trying the no weapon spawn with the new zombie detection.

OH MY GOD,. i just cant take it anymore, people dont even read the fucking fixes, what the fuck, they just come on here and ask if what they want fixed is fixed, this is the most epicly retarded center for autistic children ive ever seen. whats the point of even posting the god damn fixes if you asshats DONT even read them.

Rocket, this suggestion is a whine-saver:

While you are just adding the toolbelt packing, please make any flashlight or hatchet or other packble that spawns as loot be picked up as the toolbelt 'packed' version already so nobody accidentally loses a secondary weapon.

OH MY GOD' date='. i just cant take it anymore, people dont even read the fucking fixes, what the fuck, they just come on here and ask if what they want fixed is fixed, this is the most epicly retarded center for autistic children ive ever seen. whats the point of even posting the god damn fixes if you asshats DONT even read them.

[/quote']

are you gonna be ok? want a hug?

Rocket: maybe set the emphesis away from disposable food/water (IE canned/soda) and create more renewable food/water (IE increased animal spawn and empty canteens) thanks for the hard work :D ♥♥♥

BUG:

Cant pick up hatches!!! Since 1.7.1

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/406/2012062000002.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/337/2012062000001y.jpg/

picked one up in 1.7.1 never died since...

my hatchet was gone when i updated to the melee patch' date=' foudn a new one but couldnt pick it up (1.7.1.1 ? )

tried to pick one up in 1.7.1.2 same issue

1.7.1.4 cant pick them up either

I even droped everything in my backback to make room (yes i droped more then the pic is showing)

Beta patch 98325 is installed

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/171/2012062000003.jpg/

Happens on:

DayZ Zombie RPG - Germany 10 (v1.7.1.4) dayzmod.com - Hosted by KrebsCOHO Commentaries - www.youtube.com/KrebsCOHO

[/quote']

It takes up one of your weapon slots (the secondary). Think man, think!

[

Hi Rocket!! I believe I've mentioned the Rifle Butt animation in Arma before. (I'm sure you know this already) Could this be a working option for allowing melee without losing/replacing you primary weapon?? I'd be interested to know if this was considered and prevented by a technical issue? Tying the riflebutt attack as a "F" key option might be the best of all worlds, allowing for a stealth attack while still retaining the capability of use your main weapon....

I had this same exact idea. Zeds are like brick walls when standing in a doorway. And, there's no way to get around them if you run out of ammo.

I don't know if its a bug or intended.

The cook feature, first when I killed a boar I just grab one piece of meat from total of 4, couldnt take more because the body vanished, then I cooked the meat that I had, but the fireplace when you put fire on it it last for 1~2 seconds then the fire dies.

It would be better if the fire take 5~7 seconds, gives us more time to click on cook meat. And the body to loot could only disappear if you loot all the meat or after 1 min.

Thx for the fixes rocket the game is very fun to play after 1.7.1.2

Oh the MELEE WEAPON ROX! Should keep this feature forever, its working very nice ;D

Scraps of backpacks can not be used! plz Fix.

Found 4 Alice Backpacks today ... 3 of them I could not pick up

Make sure nothing around them. Especially if they are floating. For example if there is a can near the pack then you can't pick it up. Remove can, presto, you can pick it up.

I don't know if its a bug or intended.

The cook feature' date=' first when I killed a boar I just grab one piece of meat from total of 4, couldnt take more because the body vanished, then I cooked the meat that I had, but the fireplace when you put fire on it it last for 1~2 seconds then the fire dies.

It would be better if the fire take 5~7 seconds, gives us more time to click on cook meat. And the body to loot could only disappear if you loot all the meat or after 1 min.

Thx for the fixes rocket the game is very fun to play after 1.7.1.2

Oh the MELEE WEAPON ROX! Should keep this feature forever, its working very nice ;D

[/quote']

The fire dies because theres no wood on it.

* [FIXED] Hatchet takes up too much room (can now be transferred between toolbelt and primary slot through gear action)

* [NEW] Flashlights can now be packed to toolbelt also (gear action)

MY BODY IS READY

So many hotfixes' date=' but i like them :)

[/quote']

That's the life of the Alpha, son... :cool:

:P

Fingers crossed this is released when I leave work.

Keep up the good work loving the effort guys!