rocket

Pending Hotfix: Build 1.7.1.5

Question(s) for Rocket,

Since you're using the latest beta build, will we be keeping our items when swimming or do you prefer that we lose them in that scenario?

To take a step back, is this an overall decision or a server setting that is up to whoever own the individual server? I noticed it said it was done by editing a file, and from my experience that is generally just a small configuration setting that anyone could modify, so I'm not sure of the implications for this mod.

How about only allowing n Zeds to spawn every m minutes' date=' to prevent being swarmed by newly spawned Zeds?

[/quote']

This. A thousand times this. Tired of getting swarmed after I clear a town... /:

How about only allowing n Zeds to spawn every m minutes' date=' to prevent being swarmed by newly spawned Zeds?

[/quote']

too easy

You do realise that n and m can be any numbers.

It could be 5 Zeds/minute or even 100 Zeds/minute in any given area. To me it seems like the current respawn is almost instantaneously though, which in truth is quite silly.

My friend and I vaulted over wire rolls to get in a building last night, we vaulted to get out as well..... so I take it that we should not have been able to?

Can't wait for this patch.

1) increase fps

2) zombies no longer have super hearing.

3) hatchet no longer primary weapon

4) flashlight in toolbelt

AMAZING!!!!

I agree here! Keep up the good work! I like these changes!

what about the food spawn? i dont find food for about 2 hours. i know have 6 sodas' date=' but no food. Is it only me or u have the same problem?

[/quote']

I have been finding sardines, beans, and lost of animals; so food isn't that scarce.

okay, then will try to find some food.

Perhaps i had no luck. thx

Switching between your pistol and flashlight would be easier if you could holster your pistol in the tool belt too.

My friend and I vaulted over wire rolls to get in a building last night' date=' we vaulted to get out as well..... so I take it that we should not have been able to?

[/quote']

I have had no joy in vaulting wires, my friends who play have also vaulted a couple which I find odd, maybe its due to placement. Either way it would be nice if this was looked into so we could know for sure.

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but...

* [FIXED] Can dupe tent's by right clicking (forgot to close the window)

This isn't the only method of duping. Currently tents that are packed and removed always reappear when a server restarts.

It's very' date=' very easy to accidentally dupe tents if you're trying to get your tent position just right.

It also allows a player to create hundreds of tents from just a single tent item, you just need to wait for the server to reboot for them all to appear.

Also, on the topic of tents, see my thread about rubber tubes.

Are loot drops messed up? or is it just me.

Looted over 10 tree stands, only weapon I saw was a hatchet.

Also, 15rd shotgun shells don't seem to be spawning only 2rd.

idea for improveing the crossbow.. the real problem with it is you can only carry a bolt or two.. but the problem is if you made it so it had 3 bolt mags you probly couldint recover them... so... how about makeing the crossbow bolts take up tool belt slots insted? ... i also think this should be true for the double barreled shotguns 2 round mags you can put 2 12ga rounds just about anywhere... .. ah well i just think inventory space is far far too limited right now

Am I the only one that loves the new stealth features? I love em' date=' because it makes you have PATIENCE in playing.

[/quote']

get your head out of rocket's ass and acknowledge that a bug is a bug. It has nothing to do with patience so stop trying to take the high ground

Am I the only one that loves the new stealth features? I love em' date=' because it makes you have PATIENCE in playing.

[/quote']

get your head out of rocket's ass and acknowledge that a bug is a bug. It has nothing to do with patience so stop trying to take the high ground

Pull your head outta your own ass and learn how to sneak.

I think a 10 minute healing debuff timer on broken bones could fix the issue of not having morphine available. Well, maybe not fix, but improve. I think anything longer than 15 minutes would be too long. 10 minutes of crawling around while your bone heals itself seems reasonable.

As it stands now, a broken bone is just a slow painful death.

Not a fan of the direction the mod is being taken. I loved when I started a couple weeks ago but now its as if the mod is being coded with bandits and organized groups in mind. Not having any items is a really bad idea. I just lost a character with an M10 shotgun and over 11 mags worth of ammo because I agroed a zombie and got a broken leg without having any morphine. Funny thing is the hospital in Northern Cherno Didnt have any when I went last night so this morning I lost everything becasue a Zed got a lucky hit on me. So I pretty much had to respawn suicide because I didnt have no one to call for help. Please please rethink starting with at least a hatchet and the 2 bandages, 2 painkillers, 2 morphines, 2 beans and 1 canteen. Nothing was wrong the way it was back in prior to 1.7.

Are loot drops messed up? or is it just me.

Looted over 10 tree stands' date=' only weapon I saw was a hatchet.

Also, 15rd shotgun shells don't seem to be spawning only 2rd.

[/quote']I got an AKM last night, which came in handy when the zeds didn't want to let me get down.

Joe

Maybe a broken bone changes to a "sprain" after 10 minutes' date=' and then heals as sprains currently do in-game?

[/quote']

ahhh so that is what that debuff symbol is.... it's a sprain? Slower movement speed then?

I think a 10 minute healing debuff timer on broken bones could fix the issue of not having morphine available. Well' date=' maybe not fix, but improve. I think anything longer than 15 minutes would be too long. 10 minutes of crawling around while your bone heals itself seems reasonable.

As it stands now, a broken bone is just a slow painful death.

[/quote']

Crawl to a hospital.. On one of my first few playthroughs I fell off a 2nd story staircase, broke my leg, and went unconscious. When I woke up I had no idea what to do. After awhile I figured I can't just sit here, so I crawled to and then through cherno. Finally found the hospital climbed the ladder and got morphine, and the adrenaline rush was amazing. leave it the way it is

* [FIXED] Unlimited Infected spawning (now has a cooldown enabled so it won't spawn too many at once)

Not a fan of the direction the mod is being taken. I loved when I started a couple weeks ago but now its as if the mod is being coded with bandits and organized groups in mind. Not having any items is a really bad idea. I just lost a character with an M10 shotgun and over 11 mags worth of ammo because I agroed a zombie and got a broken leg without having any morphine. Funny thing is the hospital in Northern Cherno Didnt have any when I went last night so this morning I lost everything becasue a Zed got a lucky hit on me. So I pretty much had to respawn suicide because I didnt have no one to call for help. Please please rethink starting with at least a hatchet and the 2 bandages' date=' 2 painkillers, 2 morphines, 2 beans and 1 canteen. Nothing was wrong the way it was back in prior to 1.7.

[/quote']

All you players saying there is no morphine in hospitals really need to learn how those cardboard medical boxes work at the hospitals. :-P

If they are no morphine in the box that means someone probably already came by and looted it.

Protip: if you take EVERYTHING out of the medical box, then scroll wheel over the box and click on rearm, then scroll wheel again and go back into the gear for the box, the box will be refilled with everything again.