rocket

Pending Hotfix: Build 1.7.1.5

* [FIXED] Unlimited Infected spawning (now has a cooldown enabled so it won't spawn too many at once)

Great news! Thanks.

Hey Rocket, will the military flashlight be added to the tool belt as well?

Maybe a broken bone changes to a "sprain" after 10 minutes' date=' and then heals as sprains currently do in-game?

[/quote']

ahhh so that is what that debuff symbol is.... it's a sprain? Slower movement speed then?

That other icon isn't sprain, it is shock, shock lasts for 5 minutes and nothing removes it other than time.

Wiki is your friend

http://dayzwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Status_Effects

Shock

Symptoms: If the player logs out with this status, the next time they log in they will spend a long period unconscious. It is marked by a White symbol on the HUD

Causes: Shock is the status effect a player will receive after being shot at by another player or damaging themselves somehow.

Treatment: This status will last for 5 minutes and is incurable.

is there anyway to increase the direct chat zone to say a city? if not sidechat needs to come back. Far too often does lack of communication cripple my gameplay.

I think a 10 minute healing debuff timer on broken bones could fix the issue of not having morphine available. Well' date=' maybe not fix, but improve. I think anything longer than 15 minutes would be too long. 10 minutes of crawling around while your bone heals itself seems reasonable.

As it stands now, a broken bone is just a slow painful death.

[/quote']

Crawl to a hospital.. On one of my first few playthroughs I fell off a 2nd story staircase, broke my leg, and went unconscious. When I woke up I had no idea what to do. After awhile I figured I can't just sit here, so I crawled to and then through cherno. Finally found the hospital climbed the ladder and got morphine, and the adrenaline rush was amazing. leave it the way it is

Except, both times I have got a broken bone I was on Solnichny, closest hospital is in Berezino. So, leaving it the way it is doesn't make sense to me.

Protip: if you take EVERYTHING out of the medical box' date=' then scroll wheel over the box and click on rearm, then scroll wheel again and go back into the gear for the box, the box will be refilled with everything again.

[/quote']

Isn't that an exploit? :huh:

* [FIXED] Unlimited Infected spawning (now has a cooldown enabled so it won't spawn too many at once)

good, that was my major issue

I can't wait to try this new update out

Protip: if you take EVERYTHING out of the medical box' date=' then scroll wheel over the box and click on rearm, then scroll wheel again and go back into the gear for the box, the box will be refilled with everything again.

[/quote']

Isn't that an exploit? :huh:

untill / unless rocket says it is, it isn't, I happened upon this discovery while going on a hospital run a few weeks back.

I think a 10 minute healing debuff timer on broken bones could fix the issue of not having morphine available. Well' date=' maybe not fix, but improve. I think anything longer than 15 minutes would be too long. 10 minutes of crawling around while your bone heals itself seems reasonable.

[/quote']

Crawl to a hospital.. On one of my first few playthroughs I fell off a 2nd story staircase, broke my leg, and went unconscious. When I woke up I had no idea what to do. After awhile I figured I can't just sit here, so I crawled to and then through cherno. Finally found the hospital climbed the ladder and got morphine, and the adrenaline rush was amazing. leave it the way it is

Except, both times I have got a broken bone I was on Solnichny, closest hospital is in Berezino. So, leaving it the way it is doesn't make sense to me.

Protip: Next time you go to Solnichny bring morphine with you.

Problem solved.

[93958] New: Dropping items while swimming can be disabled with "enableItemsDropping = 0;" in description.ext

Quote from the new beta patch changelog. Not directly connected to the patch but will this be used in some way?

If you are fixing tents at the moment could you please fix "cook food" option too? I seen similar issue there. If you click too fast on the button you will get "extra" food.

* [FIXED] Can dupe food during cooking if click really fast (now you cannot)

The same thing applies if multiple people Gut a animal at the same time. (haven't tested in a few patches tho)

Awesome!

If you are fixing tents at the moment could you please fix "cook food" option too? I seen similar issue there. If you click too fast on the button you will get "extra" food.

* [FIXED] Can dupe food during cooking if click really fast (now you cannot)

The same thing applies if multiple people Gut a animal at the same time. (haven't tested in a few patches tho)

it happend to me and a friend didnt know he had a hunting knife so we did it at the same to that was in 1.7.1.1 i think or .2 have not tried it yet tho was not trying to use the exploit just happend

[/quote']

That's your fault for making a mistake without a morphine pen, or being close to a hospital. Now you'll learn from it, I think it makes perfect sense unless you guys think of something good rocket can implement with ease.

Have they fixed the flies sound over nothing? I've been spawning in servers with that sound, have been searching and seems like it was a recent kill+hide body but the flies sound is still there...

Hi rocket,

im not sure if its only my temporary problem, but im having really strong fps lags with latest patch (1.7.1.4) and it looks like its the worst when im chased by zeds.

[/quote']

Problem solved.

Protip: we don't spawn with morphine. You should know this by now. If you are going to reply, have some logic behind it. I spawned in Solnichny. Your reply was a waste of thread space.

Hey Rocket - Any chance that we are going to get a melee weapon where we don't get hit by zombies while we melee them? I mean - a spear or something we can fashion out of tree branches in the woods? Or use construction tools to remove re-bar from a broken cement block?

Thanks for the melee weapon :) I'm just greedy!

Is it possible you could do something with the barbed wire?

Ive found myself being locked in/out of rooms due to barbed wire blocking a doorway. Is it possible you could make it vault-able by players yet still blocks the Z's. There's good loots that I cannot haz because of some selfish mugs barbed wire placement.

Find a toolbox and dismantle it

I was expecting this response' date=' fact is, toolboxes are pretty rare and finding one is a huge task. If I spawn inside a building after logging on and I'm locked in I either have to server hop or kill myself. Toolboxes are great, if you have one.

[/quote']

They're aren't that rare, i've found 2 in the same city no more than 10 minutes apart, luck? maybe, but i then ran to cherno only to find another one.. so eh

yep, I also get more lags with the latest version. seems the zombie detection is laggy.

[/quote']

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=14058&pid=133250

Someone suggested the item splints for broken bones. I think this would be a neat addition and I hope it gets more attention.

[/quote']

That's your fault for making a mistake without a morphine pen, or being close to a hospital. Now you'll learn from it, I think it makes perfect sense unless you guys think of something good rocket can implement with ease.

I don't know how difficult it would be to put a timer on the broken bone, but it doesn't seem that difficult to me. As it is right now, you can break a bone just walking into a building or doing a number of mundane things in the game. Stop being obtuse, I am offering suggestions while you are trolling. Do it somewhere else.

yep' date=' I also get more lags with the latest version. seems the zombie detection is laggy.

[/quote']

laggy isnt correct label. Unplayable is. Im droping from 40fps to 5-8 .

[/quote']

Problem solved.

Protip: we don't spawn with morphine. You should know this by now. If you are going to reply, have some logic behind it. I spawned in Solnichny. Your reply was a waste of thread space.

Ha. Ha. If you were prepared and didn't go around breaking your legs you wouldn't have this problem, and no my post is here to debate kids like you trying to make the game too easy. Arrogant and ignorant, great combo's :)

yep' date=' I also get more lags with the latest version. seems the zombie detection is laggy.

[/quote']

laggy isnt correct label. Unplayable is. Im droping from 40fps to 5-8 .

I guess reading the thread/fixes is too much work. Just like it's too much work for me to copy & paste the answer here for you.