rocket

Pending Hotfix: Build 1.7.1.5

Excited to try the new hotfix' date=' thanks for your work.

I've noticed some people saying the morphine spawn rate seems low and I feel inclined to agree with them. Last night, a friend of mine crawled for nearly three hours without finding any morphine; despite being able to investigate various buildings including a hospital. As to how he was able to do this, he received a large stash of winchester ammo after my blood and bones were eviscerated while proning through a door.

Seriously though, EVERYTHING in this game breaks your bones; maybe more of an ARMA 2 collision detection issue than DayZ code, but when you combine that with the zombies increased rate of bone breaking; it just seems like a method for fixing broken bones should be more accessible.

I still think that there should be some sort of starting weapon, but I'm interested in trying the no weapon spawn with the new zombie detection.

[/quote']

A mate of mine experienced the same issue with me yesterday. Would it be possible to look into the increased bone breaking?

[NEW] Flashlights can now be packed to toolbelt also (gear action)

Awesome, so we will be able to carry a pistol and a flashlight now..?

Better fix that we dont spawn in debug zone ! Everytime the same !

Honestly

this.

*shrug*

This is a mod' date=' not a game.

[/quote']

how about adding the option to put one's weapon on his back (like it's done in some Domination scenarios (or ACE), effectively giving you an extra slot for your main weapon?

Good fix list, covers the major playability issues. I also liked :

+1 On putting swapping pistol and flashlight in tool belt, the gun would obviously go in the holster the flashlight is removed from

+1 Morphine scarcity fix (just piles of dead bodies in front of the hospitals, game is already easy mode for bandits no need to make it worse). Really, just more buildings and loot distribution in general to discourage server hopping/camping. Never fails to disappoint coming across a small cabin in the woods at night but unable to search it and take shelter from the rain. Alternatively, making broken bones much more rare is also a fix (albeit not as cool as using stuff to fix them). I think perhaps a combination of the two. Either way, no one likes crawling for hours doing nothing else.

I look forward to playing this with the zed nerf. I just picked up the mod on monday and it was more brutal than a 90's japanese console platformer... :)

* [NEW] New players will spawn with flashlight added to their toolbelt not backpack

* [FIXED] Infected sometimes not inspecting thrown items (they will walk to the location of a noise, 20-40m away)

BUG:

Cant pick up hatches!!! Since 1.7.1

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/406/2012062000002.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/337/2012062000001y.jpg/

picked one up in 1.7.1 never died since...

my hatchet was gone when i updated to the melee patch' date=' foudn a new one but couldnt pick it up (1.7.1.1 ? )

tried to pick one up in 1.7.1.2 same issue

1.7.1.4 cant pick them up either

I even droped everything in my backback to make room (yes i droped more then the pic is showing)

Beta patch 98325 is installed

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/171/2012062000003.jpg/

Happens on:

DayZ Zombie RPG - Germany 10 (v1.7.1.4) dayzmod.com - Hosted by KrebsCOHO Commentaries - www.youtube.com/KrebsCOHO

[/quote']

It takes up one of your weapon slots (the secondary). Think man, think!

omfg thx alot... that fixed it...

im so clad that the hatchet can be tranfered between toolbelt and primary soon

otherwise i would be scwered

cooked meat is my main blood refill option

Build_93965 support?

i would love an answer to this question as well.

I'm using that build before you get it :)

So yes, always use the latest beta for DayZ. The updates are developed with these in mind.

btw rocket that fly noise where bodies despawn isn't actually fixed it:) Encountered it alot today during 1.7.1.4:)

For all those bringing up the hearing of zombies please read the line:

* [FIXED] Audibility is far to high (completely rebalanced, in line with how it was in previous updates)

Honestly

this.

*shrug*

This is a mod' date=' not a game.

[/quote']

how about adding the option to put one's weapon on his back (like it's done in some Domination scenarios (or ACE), effectively giving you an extra slot for your main weapon?

yea that was what I was getting at, at least someone understood and knew where I was coming from, hah, thanks sorophx

+1 Morphine scarcity fix (just piles of dead bodies in front of the hospitals' date=' game is already easy mode for bandits no need to make it worse). Really, just more buildings and loot distribution in general to discourage server hopping/camping. Never fails to disappoint coming across a small cabin in the woods at night but unable to search it and take shelter from the rain. Alternatively, making broken bones much more rare is also a fix (albeit not as cool as using stuff to fix them). I think perhaps a combination of the two. Either way, no one likes crawling for hours doing nothing else.

[/quote']

I love the idea of bones breaking less often, or making morphine a spawning item. Pretty much at this point if my leg gets broken while I'm exploring, whether it be on odd geometry or an unlucky zed attack I pretty much just have to hit respawn and try again, which keeps me from testing more of the game.

Build_93965 support?

i would love an answer to this question as well.

I'm using that build before you get it :)

So yes' date=' always use the latest beta for DayZ. The updates are developed with these in mind.

[/quote']

:heart: Thanks!

* [NEW] New players will spawn with flashlight added to their toolbelt not backpack

* [FIXED] Infected sometimes not inspecting thrown items (they will walk to the location of a noise' date=' 20-40m away)

[/quote']

He saw my post about the tin cans not distracting zombies! But did he see my post about putting your pistol in the toolbelt? HMMM?

I dont know that there is a way to fix this, and I have looked around and searched for it without much luck so here is my go.

If you login to a server that is out of date with a more up to date patch installed (Say, Server-1.7 and you have 1.7.1) the message you receive to tell you your outdated is sometimes faded and very easy to play through. And if a player were to choose to they could continue playing on that server running through any city they want in a full sprint without pulling zombie aggro, both sight and hearing meters stay at 0. Easy kills for them, player or zombie, they make no server side noise, so you couldnt hear them coming up the ladder, and they have free roam over say Cherno, with all the loot they could possibly want. When I was exploring this, I also was able to dupe several items by logging onto an up-to-date server.

This might be a mess, anyway, I feel better about it now.

Please fix zombies: as they are now, it's just impossibile not only to sneak around, but to move around aswell.

I dont know that there is a way to fix this' date=' and I have looked around and searched for it without much luck so here is my go.

If you login to a server that is out of date with a more up to date patch installed (Say, Server-1.7 and you have 1.7.1) the message you receive to tell you your outdated is sometimes faded and very easy to play through. And if a player were to choose to they could continue playing on that server running through any city they want in a full sprint without pulling zombie aggro, both sight and hearing meters stay at 0. Easy kills for them, player or zombie, they make no server side noise, so you couldnt hear them coming up the ladder, and they have free roam over say Cherno, with all the loot they could possibly want. When I was exploring this, I also was able to dupe several items by logging onto an up-to-date server.

This might be a mess, anyway, I feel better about it now.

[/quote']

this has happened to me as well

POSSIBLE BUG :

Encountered with latest patch (.4) last night.

*Could not refill empty jerry cans at gas station east of Gorka. Had 3 jerry cans (empty) and 3 separate players tried to refuel w/o success. We had successfully refueled at that gas station 2 nights previous (so what, 5 hotfixes ago:) ).

@rocket

Any chance of having a group of (lets say 3 to 5) steel bolts per item slot?

EDIT: This would liven up usage of the crossbow much I think

I fully agree with this. I love using the crossbow' date=' but can only carry 3-4 bolts when carrying other gear i need. Adding a quiver for the bolts, or just making the bolts have a higher ammo count (ie: Winchester ammo comes in things of 15, Lee comes in clips of 10, maybe bolts come in groups of three?) would make this often overlooked weapon much more useful.

[/quote']

I made a suggestion for this topic in another subforum.

TL;DR

Quiver that spawns single steel bolts in your inv via gear menu. Limited uses. Able to restock via right click on single bolts.

Although, I dont know if it's possible to implement this "limited uses" mechanic.

seems like a lot of the requests in this thread will make the game too easy. imo a quiver would allow you too carry too much ammo and fire at will. the crossbow isn't meant to fight off a swarm, so don't stockpile ammo and try to use it that way. just keep 2 or 3 bolts and use it to single zombies with headshots.

that's a lot like how some people want to be able to carry a melee weapon and a primary gun without losing bag space. the whole point of having melee weapons is that they offer a tradeoff to firearms and you're supposed to calculate the risks of carrying one or the other (or carrying both and sacrificing the extra bag slots) and make tough decisions.

too many people want to have their cake and eat it too.

You've just tipped off of the 'realistic' crowd's argument.

If you've clung to it in the past, you've just abandoned it.

In reality, you can carry a quantity of equipment. There is no mystical 'trade off' between a firearm and a melee weapon, and there shouldn't be here.

It's because Arma is built for 'standard military' type load outs.

Sure, a pistol in one hand and a torch in the other is possible. I would not be as accurate &c, but the engine does't allow it. THAT'S why it's not allowable. Not because you 'realistically' have to choose between them.

Likewise, an axe and a rifle.

If I'm doing things, I might keep the axe in my hand, and just plain drop it when I need to unlimber the rifle. I might make a sling for the axe, with a cover, and attach it to my pack as an emergency weapon and survival tool.

Arma keeps us to the 1 pistol, 1 rifle/main model.

Don't even get me started on how silly your argument against a quiver for the crossbow is. More of the same.

Get real!

I got to use an axe today, and practice evading a few hordes. Not too bad, but yeah, they do seem to spot you from super far away.

I had one bad experience... But aside from clipping, and I think unfairly seeing through bushes, I thought them more realistic than previous builds. Looking forward to changes in THIS update.

i was NOT talking about making the game making the game more or less realistic. my initial post was about DIFFICULTY. if you were able to carry a melee weapon and whole bunch of different guns with you, it would make the game too easy since you could just switch to the gun best suited for a given situation. as it stands, I like the fact that I have to change my approach to a situation because might not have the ideal equipment. it forces you to improvise and adapt. it's more of a challenge and arguably more realistic.