rocket

Pending Hotfix: Build 1.7.1.5

I don't know how difficult it would be to put a timer on the broken bone' date=' but it doesn't seem that difficult to me. As it is right now, you can break a bone just walking into a building or doing a number of mundane things in the game. Stop being obtuse, I am offering suggestions while you are trolling. Do it somewhere else.

[/quote']

It is nonsence. You know you need morphine to heal as well you need painkillers to stop pain. Learn to plan and learn from your mistakes. I broke my leg by fall near north edge of map with rare weapon and trust me, from now on i never forget.

Protip: if you take EVERYTHING out of the medical box' date=' then scroll wheel over the box and click on rearm, then scroll wheel again and go back into the gear for the box, the box will be refilled with everything again.

[/quote']

Isn't that an exploit? :huh:

untill / unless rocket says it is, it isn't, I happened upon this discovery while going on a hospital run a few weeks back.

You dont have to rearm. Its not an exploit. So i think...

You just cant access the box if there are other random loot on the same loot pile. You have to take these loots to your inventory, and when you see the rearm option, its clean and you can open the box and throw the random loot inside and take what you need. I dont think the box will restock if you try to rearm on it. Never tried it so im not sure.

Same issue with some backpacks. You just have to remove the random loot that is in the same pile, in order to access the backpack.

yep' date=' I also get more lags with the latest version. seems the zombie detection is laggy.

[/quote']

laggy isnt correct label. Unplayable is. Im droping from 40fps to 5-8 .

I guess reading the thread/fixes is too much work. Just like it's too much work for me to copy & paste the answer here for you.

We are spamming shit loud of crap and honestly i have no intention of reading 110 pages of text (70 for 1.7.1.4. + this).

Was the humanity heartbeat implemented?

Yes. Last hotfix I believe. I tested it last night with my buddy. It is very subtle but it works.

I'd love to see it made so that Low Humanity players can't receive a blood transfusion. And they could only give them to players with a certain high level of humanity that the dev team deems appropriate. It would be a good tradeoff for being a prick all the time.

Ha. Ha. If you were prepared and didn't go around breaking your legs you wouldn't have this problem' date=' and no my post is here to debate kids like you trying to make the game too easy. Arrogant and ignorant, great combo's :)

[/quote']

You do understand a debate right? It implies that both sides are using logic. Unfortunately, you have supplied zero logic, so it's not a debate. It's you trolling. Crawling 50 KM's in the game is unrealistic when it comes to gameplay.

I'd love to see it made so that Low Humanity players can't receive a blood transfusion. And they could only give them to players with a certain high level of humanity that the dev team deems appropriate. It would be a good tradeoff for being a prick all the time.

That is actually not a bad idea. Only problem is that a player can receive low humanity while defending himself.

Crawl to a hospital.. On one of my first few playthroughs I fell off a 2nd story staircase' date=' broke my leg, and went unconscious. When I woke up I had no idea what to do. After awhile I figured I can't just sit here, so I crawled to and then through cherno. Finally found the hospital climbed the ladder and got morphine, and the adrenaline rush was amazing. leave it the way it is

[/quote']

Except, both times I have got a broken bone I was on Solnichny, closest hospital is in Berezino. So, leaving it the way it is doesn't make sense to me.

Protip: Next time you go to Solnichny bring morphine with you.

Problem solved.

Protip: we don't spawn with morphine. You should know this by now. If you are going to reply, have some logic behind it. I spawned in Solnichny. Your reply was a waste of thread space.

Ha. Ha. If you were prepared and didn't go around breaking your legs you wouldn't have this problem, and no my post is here to debate kids like you trying to make the game too easy. Arrogant and ignorant, great combo's :)

Give this thread some love guys! I know your pain but this is a realistic and challenging alternative to timers.

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=14058&pid=133250

* [FIXED] Unlimited Infected spawning (now has a cooldown enabled so it won't spawn too many at once)

Finally!

Ha. Ha. If you were prepared and didn't go around breaking your legs you wouldn't have this problem' date=' and no my post is here to debate kids like you trying to make the game too easy. Arrogant and ignorant, great combo's :)

[/quote']

You do understand a debate right? It implies that both sides are using logic. Unfortunately, you have supplied zero logic, so it's not a debate. It's you trolling. Crawling 50 KM's in the game is unrealistic when it comes to gameplay.

That is actually not a bad idea. Only problem is that a player can receive low humanity while defending himself.

Hmm you should find yourself a new game if this one's too tough for you' date=' and I would take you more seriously if you'd give a better idea than just a "10 minute healing debuff" for broken bones, stop using this little defense mechanism of yours and learn to communicate.

[hr']

Except' date=' both times I have got a broken bone I was on Solnichny, closest hospital is in Berezino. So, leaving it the way it is doesn't make sense to me.

[/quote']

Protip: Next time you go to Solnichny bring morphine with you.

Problem solved.

Protip: we don't spawn with morphine. You should know this by now. If you are going to reply, have some logic behind it. I spawned in Solnichny. Your reply was a waste of thread space.

Ha. Ha. If you were prepared and didn't go around breaking your legs you wouldn't have this problem, and no my post is here to debate kids like you trying to make the game too easy. Arrogant and ignorant, great combo's :)

Give this thread some love guys! I know your pain but this is a realistic and challenging alternative to timers.

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?...pid=133250

For some reason the thread isn't showing up for me.

Is it possible you could do something with the barbed wire?

Ive found myself being locked in/out of rooms due to barbed wire blocking a doorway. Is it possible you could make it vault-able by players yet still blocks the Z's. There's good loots that I cannot haz because of some selfish mugs barbed wire placement.

Find a toolbox and dismantle it

I was expecting this response' date=' fact is, toolboxes are pretty rare and finding one is a huge task. If I spawn inside a building after logging on and I'm locked in I either have to server hop or kill myself. Toolboxes are great, if you have one.

[/quote']

They're aren't that rare, i've found 2 in the same city no more than 10 minutes apart, luck? maybe, but i then ran to cherno only to find another one.. so eh

Lets put it like this: Players who find toolboxes can setup and dismantle wires and traps as they please, anyone else is left to suffer the mess of those who can build. A player could completely block off certain areas using wires leaving them to enjoy all the re-spawn loot and safety of certain goodie buildings. I walked through Cherno and Elektro and noticed people were blocking off the entrance to the church for whatever reason. There was no-one inside or around, meaning this wire wasn't being used for any purpose other than to block others in or out. Its very well to just say "find a toolbox" but fact is, not everyone on a server is going to find one. They are pretty rare, yes you did get lucky. I'm not asking for anything game breaking, I thought the barricades were there to fend off Z's, not to grief those who don't have the required items. Its quite annoying going from town to town to find the best loot spawn areas are blocked off to those who only have tool kits.

I don't know how difficult it would be to put a timer on the broken bone' date=' but it doesn't seem that difficult to me. As it is right now, you can break a bone just walking into a building or doing a number of mundane things in the game. Stop being obtuse, I am offering suggestions while you are trolling. Do it somewhere else.

[/quote']

It is nonsence. You know you need morphine to heal as well you need painkillers to stop pain. Learn to plan and learn from your mistakes. I broke my leg by fall near north edge of map with rare weapon and trust me, from now on i never forget.

Why must a repeat this for some of you. You can break a bone just walking into a building or doing a number of mundane things in the game. We spawn without morphine. I spawned no where near a hospital. Therefore, those two issues are exempt of planning.

Why is a 10-15 minute timer on crawling considered so easy to some of you? 10-15 minutes of crawling is a long ass time. Open your eyes, I am not suggesting a game breaker here. It makes sense, it's pertinent and it's more practical that a shot of morphine suddenly healing a broken bone.

Will the hueys start spawning in again on the Legacy servers after this patch?

I remember seeing that a "self-defense kill" detection system was going to be implemented to prevent players who get attacked from losing humanity when killing in self-defense. That would solve that issue.

really this patch fix the fps problems? or its a lie like all latest patches?

[/quote']

Why must a repeat this for some of you. You can break a bone just walking into a building or doing a number of mundane things in the game. We spawn without morphine. I spawned no where near a hospital. Therefore, those two issues are exempt of planning.

Why is a 10-15 minute timer on crawling considered so easy to some of you? 10-15 minutes of crawling is a long ass time. Open your eyes, I am not suggesting a game breaker here. It makes sense, it's pertinent and it's more practical that a shot of morphine suddenly healing a broken bone.

You have a point if Rockets unable to fix the random bone breaking(Probably not) then maybe there does need to be some kind of change, maybe a splint with wood? I don't know, just anything but the timer. It's just i think it's, I dare say.. unrealistic.

Rocket, I've been unable to test your fix in 1.7.1.4, regarding repairing Hueys to 95% in order for the leak to stop.

What's been hindering this is that repairs made to Helicopters (at least) do not persist through server restarts (regardless of whether I 'Save' the vehicle or not.)

These restarts can take place hours after my repair work (which, with an auto-save system, should be enough time to commit the repairs I've made, no?) and upon restart, everything just goes back to orange/red (Even though I've repaired say the MROT and Engine of the Huey to green.)

I'd love to test the whole leak fix for you, but making all the repairs at once only to lose them on a next restart is very hindering!

Thanks.

Edit: Here's the dev-heaven issue report link (https://dev-heaven.net/issues/33970)

really this patch fix the fps problems? or its a lie like all latest patches?

i hope a bird poops on your head when you step outside today.

Sheesh, I have a hard time keeping up with this thread, new post seems to be added faster than I read them... :P

Disclaimer, the hotfixes keep coming thick and fast as well, to the point where my observations in many cases may be moot, in any case fwiw;

Re aggro range, checked a barn, immediate exterior clear of any infected, crouch walked up the stairs to the second landing and somehow drew aggro from infected across the field (dunno 70-80 ish meters away).

Not sure if it was visual or audio pull, tried it a few times and my impression was that the reacted to sound. Same thing happened near a deer stand, where I had a small hill between me and the infected, drew aggro nevertheless. Again, I got the impression they aggroed on sound.

Hatchets seems to spawn like mad, lost count on how many I've seen. Equiped one, and could not get rid of (drop) it. I finally managed to lose it by finding a loot pile, dropping my rifle in the loot pile and then equipping it from there. That dropped the hatchet in the loot pile.

The awkward hatched has made wood piles hard currency... :P Not been able to find food for quite a while used up my little buffer of food, made me turn to hunting, which provided me with steaks but no means of cooking them, until looting wood piles.

Infected seems to get stuck in "scan mode" after losing LOS. I once managed to track a group of three players by kind of following the bread crumbs of "stuck" infected. Not sure if it was a fluke, kind of hard to replicate that to test it on my own... :P

Infected are VERY twitchy, makes navigating infested areas very interesting... :P

My inventory-fu is weak, lost some items and ammo that way, but if I recall correctly that is something more arma 2 related than anything else.

Anyhoo, my 2 cents, fwiw. Probably most, if not all, have already been rendered moot. As I said, fixes coming so fast makes testing things out a bit difficult in an orderly manner.

Been a hell of a ride so far, I am excited to see where it'll take me.

It doesn't matter how much you will punish ppl for killing others it won't change anything... at least not in good way. If you want cooperation you have to give ppl more things to do in groups. Repair heli, build a base or take over a villige. Some long term, hard to achive objectives that give players some profits.

You have a point if Rockets unable to fix the random bone breaking(Probably not) then maybe there does need to be some kind of change' date=' maybe a splint with wood? I don't know, just anything but the timer, it's just i think it's I dare say.. unrealistic.

[/quote']

There are a ton of unrealistic aspects of this game. It's not about every aspect being realistic, it's about gameplay that makes sense. Rocket will decide whether my idea is a good one or not, not you or I, but it won't happen at all if I don't voice my opinion. I am testing, testers provide feedback and suggestions. I am being constructive.

[/quote']

We spawn without food and you still need to eat, right? Morphine isnt spawning only in hospitals. So keep looking. You dont break leg by walking into building, you break leg when you do something stupid. I think timer is the worst solution.

Would it be possible to have a hotfix that does something about the debug forest?

Every time the Survival Ops group starts to move our vehicles to a new location or starts to run an OP, everyone on the server magically falls out dead because of someone in the debug forest...

Its getting extremely aggravating, because it was not just 1 of us who died, it was 45+ people on server who all died at once. All that gear was lost from our group and now we have no clue where our vehicles will end up...

Since noobs dont get weapons i just want to suggest making the flashlight look beefier, preferably like a maglight http://www.simarud.no/images/Mag-lite/Cell%20D%20web.jpg

Then allow it to be used as a weapon...maybe even with a chance u can break the lightbulb

LOL but seriously...6 D batteries....imagine getting hit with that thing?!?