SmashT

Rezzed - June 2013 - Developer Session

Yeh I know but calling it a clusterfuck is over-egging the pudding. It was dealt with quickly. There's a very long list of multiplayer game releases that have gone a hell of a lot worse, most of them by bigger companies with much more resources to draw on too.

We are now in the Beta for Arma 3 and so far I'm really impressed with both the content and the polish. If DayZ follows a similar path I'll be a happy bunny.

Yeah, you got me there. :P They did do an amazing job with handling it. I hope if they plan to release it on BI Store, they're a lot more prepared this go round!
  • Like 1

good points :-)

let's hope that we see more creative people on the servers than "used to Battlefield/CoC" players.... even the best game mechanics will not do the magic if there are no players willing to try new ways as well

Yeah, you got me there. :P They did do an amazing job with handling it. I hope if they plan to release it on BI Store, they're a lot more prepared this go round!

I think almost every popular multiplayer game released has had some sort of issue. I just hope they're prepared for it and deal with any issues quickly and communicate to us what the issues are. If it get's released without 1 single hickup I'll be truly amazed.

I'm hoping that the way Arma 3 is being rolled out is a sign of what we can expect with DayZ. It's methodical and they're communicating well. They're also making pretty quick progress.

Edited by Fraggle

I think almost every popular multiplayer game released has had some sort of issue. I just hope they're prepared for it and deal with any issues quickly and communicate to us what the issues are. If it get's released without 1 single hickup I'll be truly amazed.

I'm hoping that the way Arma 3 is being rolled out is a sign of what we can expect with DayZ. It's methodical and they're communicating well. They're also making pretty quick progress.

Yea, I agree. I didn't have any issues when I bought A3 Alpha and tried signing on. I think they are handling A3 very well.

Well perhaps they could include some kind of "classes" menu.

Before you create a character you choose a setup.

Perhaps being a mechanic. So you start with some ductape instead of some pain killers.

Some sort of starting kits. That don't really effect the starting gameplay.

But might add some "general" background story to what your character was,

in the normal life.

That's the thing... I would not use the term "squad" for our group or sniper for my friend with the hunting riffle. My guess is that most people simply prefer to play that way because playing a badass person and using military terminologies seems to be a lot more epic than to be or to rollplay the avarage guy next door finding himself in somekind of a nightmare....which is what I prefer.

however.... we should focus on the ugly font and the release date :P I guess

Why do you think its because they want to seem epic? Its just simpler to use. Hell when I say sniper in games like COD its usually with a lot of rage instead of respect. Its a simple way of communicating a role for each person. The military don't use it to feel epic. I'm not saying players are soldiers, but those who would likely say squad or team isn't doing it to act like their Delta Force.

Well perhaps they could include some kind of "classes" menu.

Before you create a character you choose a setup.

Perhaps being a mechanic. So you start with some ductape instead of some pain killers.

Some sort of starting kits. That don't really effect the starting gameplay.

But might add some "general" background story to what your character was,

in the normal life.

As harsh as this may sound, thank god your not involved in the development is all I can say.. :P

• Like 1

I would prefer a random background story that could somehow affect the starting gear (clothing and other equipment).

With the respawn button still disabled, of course :D

As harsh as this may sound, thank god your not involved in the development is all I can say.. :P

@CapricornOne

Well it was just an idea, and it was more aimed at the discussion about why most people call their "squadmembers" or "teammembers" Medic, Sniper and so on.

For me it's fine as in the Mod you spawn with some really basic stuff.

Shirt, pants, shoes, x1 bandage and be on your way.

What about everyone spawns with different things each time. Just a random selection of low level items with the odd exciting thing thrown in from time to time.

You could spawn without a bag on one time and some things in your pockets like a chocolate bar and some painkillers and a broken mobile phone. You know, realistic things.

On another occasion you could spawn with a bag on, with various food and drink, or tools, or camping stove, knife, matches, etc. That would give a bit of background maybe but means it's not a choice for the player which I think is the route it should go down.

I wouldn't like to see people choosing their loadout to begin with, it's not that kind of game. Everyone should spawn with random stuff, it would make the immediate start more interesting too to find out what you begin with. But it would always be low level items, nothing crazy like a fully working radio/GPS, or DMR, etc.

• Like 1

How about we all start with nothing and then scavenge for what we need?

• Like 20

This please!

Yup, the only thing that i want randomized is the clothing, different types of basics tshirts and jeans, no more.
  • Like 4

Nope, no clothing either. We should be naked and scared.

• Like 4

I don't wanna start near a naked Fraggle ingame!

and i dont want to get near a naked guy with is radio blasting l33t cod montage song or Never gonna give you up T.T

Nope, no clothing either. We should be naked and scared.

Exactly my ritual for every indie respawn in A3's wasteland - by taking off my clothes! :lol:

...in-game that is

What about everyone spawns with different things each time. Just a random selection of low level items with the odd exciting thing thrown in from time to time.

You could spawn without a bag on one time and some things in your pockets like a chocolate bar and some painkillers and a broken mobile phone. You know, realistic things.

On another occasion you could spawn with a bag on, with various food and drink, or tools, or camping stove, knife, matches, etc. That would give a bit of background maybe but means it's not a choice for the player which I think is the route it should go down.

I wouldn't like to see people choosing their loadout to begin with, it's not that kind of game. Everyone should spawn with random stuff, it would make the immediate start more interesting too to find out what you begin with. But it would always be low level items, nothing crazy like a fully working radio/GPS, or DMR, etc.

this is exactly what I would like to see :thumbsup: ( plus random player spawn points in the wilds)

Have some :beans:

• Like 2

So the way many people play this game seems to be more based on what they are used to do from other games ( or what is shown on youtube in some cases) than based on their personal background and social competencies...??

This would be also a good explanation for the kos mentality ...

PS: sorry for being off topic but this game offers so much to talk about and I am really tired of reading the same stupid shit again and again ( don't know how the mods can handle that without getting pissed every day)

i see you are all hyped again for the game ;). i see you now each day everywhere :)

i see you are all hyped again for the game ;). i see you now each day everywhere :)

I have always been there.... B)