SmashT

Rezzed - June 2013 - Developer Session

That would actually be quite cool... Imagine if you needed to store your valuables in a condom whilst navigating a swamp or swimming out to the shipwreck :o

The Shipwreck is on the Coast, you walk onto it

Honestly it drives me nuts

it drives me bonkers.

There, there :beans:

(>^-^<)

Hope you feel better now :)

Edited by Conzolax

So the Game will be out in a Week, and dont any Nerds correct me.

A week a year a Month , whenever is fine. Just get rid of the idiotic Idea for Radios , not the Walkie Talkies, but the frigging Radios are frigging Stupid. So were living through a Zombie Holocaust, battling to stay alive, little Food and Water, yet i can choose from 7 Different Radio Stations playing all the Hits.......Ohhh for fck sake. SACK the person who thought of this hair brained Idea. OR, Hang on i'm getting a Job as a DJ at a Radio Station right away . Radio DJ's are impervious to Zombie Attacks and they can carry on about their normal Daily routine and travel to work every day to play some tunes for you as a Zombie is biting your Wifes Head Off

• Like 1

Yeah I agree with poster above me, radios are a waste of time and will break all the 'immersion' if people are running around playing Yolanda Be Cool.

Seriously I have never ever been pissed off at Dean but the fact that he very unclearly said it will be released in a week as left tens of thousands of fans pretty devastated :S

On two of my DayZ forums and facebook groups everyone is going wild crazy about it being released to everyone (public) within the week.

So the Game will be out in a Week, and dont any Nerds correct me.
Anyone who's not too stupid to understand their own first-language, or too lazy to rewind a video and listen properly is a "Nerd"?

Pull the other one, mate.

• Like 6

Anyone who's not too stupid to understand their own first-language, or too lazy to rewind a video and listen properly is a "Nerd"?

Pull the other one, mate.

Just caught the Catch of the Day well done Jabba Jaw. Read the whole post, or maybe get someone to read it to you

Edited by YZ250

It had to be done. The crying and feet-stomping about radios clearly didn't deserve a response.

I invented a new little thing called a "cassette-tape". Stick your immortal DJ theory right up your ass. :emptycan:

• Like 2

It's gonna be hard to survive if all you do is bicker with your fellow survivors, guys.

I understood it like they set a timeframe in which they want to release it. They dont have a specific release date but a "release week", so any day in that week. That doesnt mean its out in a week just that they havent decided which day of that week they want to release it. that week could be in 1 month, half a year, next week.

It had to be done. The crying and feet-stomping about radios clearly didn't deserve a response.

I invented a new little thing called a "cassette-tape". Stick your immortal DJ theory right up your ass. :emptycan:

Are you for real, or do you just nod ya head with ya great yellow teeth and say well done Rocket about everything. If i dont like something I will say so, and you aint gonna stop people.. Now off to floss Jabba

Is this really keeping you up all night?

That's a shame, kiddo. Get some meds or something. That's not healthy.

You're allowed to dislike something, but when you start crying, I'm allowed to take the piss out of you.

It's the rules.

• Like 2

Radios will likely need batteries, batteries will likely be a commodity you won't use lightly (hopefully).

On another note: As far as I've seen or heard there has been no mention of the possibility of characters developing immunities\resistance to diseases. IMO this could add a lot towards creating realistic 'character development' that is intrinsicly connected to the player, unlike loot which is a commodity that anyone can take from you and utilise. I hope the idea is at least on Deans raidar.

Edited by Hoik
  • Like 3

Radio this, radios that. Ffs. There's like a 20m range on them :| Chernarus is 225km2. Are you really insinuating that a feature (that isn't even set in stone, as Rocket has quite clearly said a lot of thing are subject to change depending on feedback) that'll you'l perhaps come across in a blue moon is gamebreaking?

People will find anything to complain about, or at least nitpick on one possible (and completely subjective) issue that apparently negates all the positive things you've heard?

Gone are the days when people had no say/inside track in the development of games and you'd no idea (for the most part) what was in them until you shelled out full retail price.. :rolleyes:

• Like 5

Yes, it will stream live radio from the interwebz. Live radio stations that have been endorsed by the devs as I understand it. They are currently accepting applications.

Where is the application form?

People are amazing creatures. Sees radio in game demo... thinks it'll be everywhere at all times in its most annoying form possible and NEVER in any other form.

• Like 1

Where is the application form?

Rocket didn't say, only the following (posted a little over two weeks ago):

DayZ Notice: In 2wks will be taking applications for dayz streaming radio stations. Will receive radio freq that players can tune ingame
DayZ streaming radio stations need to be established, i.e. website. Will need to provide sample radio content. "in character" stations only

I'll ask him

Edit: He said they aren't taking applications yet, I assume more details will come in time.

Edited by SmashT
  • Like 2

I'm really worried about those bases what Rocket has been talking about. Sounds like a real time waster to me for a game like DayZ or at least it needs hell lot of work to be done right and that time could be spent on better things.

Edited by St. Jimmy
  • Like 1

Rocket didn't say, only the following (posted a little over two weeks ago):

I'll ask him

Edit: He said they aren't taking applications yet, I assume more details will come in time.

Well, you could ask him what he meant with the release date, because it's driving some people nuts as you see. ^^

I'm really worried about those bases what Rocket has been talking about. Sounds like a real time waster to me for a game like DayZ or at least it needs hell lot of work to be done right and that time could be spent on better things.

Bases seem like a pretty great thing to "waste time" on to me.

EDIT - And on an unrelated note, while I know this will not do an ounce of good,

Rocket has said they set an internal date target.

They're not revealing it, probably due to the problems associated with the last time they had a semi-firm (really vague) date.

It will be in week form (Mon, Tue, Wed, Thur, Fri, Sat, Sun).

Edited by Katana67

Bases seem like a pretty great thing to "waste time" on to me.

Whoosh :P

Or at least I read that as sarcasm anyway :|

Edited by CapricornOne

Well, you could ask him what he meant with the release date, because it's driving some people nuts as you see. ^^

As explained on the previous page, they have now decided on a specific week they want to release the game. They have not announced which week that is though.

Edited by SmashT
  • Like 1

As explained on the previous page, they have now decided on a specific week they want to release the game. They have not announced which week that is though.

Maybe It would be a good idea just to add that to the topic post. So maybe we wont get someone every few hours saying "standalone is next week I'm so excited".

Maybe It would be a good idea just to add that to the topic post. So maybe we wont get someone every few hours saying "standalone is next week I'm so excited".

You only have to look at the comments on the youtube video itself to see how many people have issues with basic comprehension. Making a note of it here won't change that I'm afraid, although it wouldn't hurt.

Edited by CapricornOne

You only have to look at the comments on the youtube video itself to see how many people have issues with basic comprehension. Making a note of it here won't change that I'm afraid.

It seems nearly every time Dean makes an announcement the community misconstrues it. It's making a good chunk of the posts on these topics simply telling those people they are wrong only to be repeated constantly.

I guess I'm just a little irritated, I may not post very often but I'm always reading these topics.

• Like 1