r4z0r49

DayZ Mod 1.7.7.1 Hotfix

People bitching about the standalone for X reason are stupid. People bitching about the update being sent in weeks ago and hearing nothing more about it have a point.

):

Edited by IonicPaul
  • Like 1

New mod update sounds awesome, Come on Matt pull your finger out!! lol =)

Edited by vandal gab

Hey guys, first time posting etc etc.

I'm just wondering if there were any plans regarding the antibiotic spawn rates, or perhaps the introduction of ammo (for lack of a better term) for them, so as to help more than one individual in a group recover from an infection?

I've been playing a couple of hours a night for the past week, so far me and four others have been roaming the countryside in a group. One of us was infected by a zombie at one stage, and we thought nothing of it, and we started looking for some antibiotics to help him out. Quickly realising that the hospitals were (contrary to common sense) the worst place to be looking for antibiotics, we started to hit up larger concentrations of high value loot spawns... Keeping our mate alive with various animals we encountered along the way, we made our way to the north east airfield and begun to loot.

Anyway, long story short, in our travels we have encountered the following:

6 x ghillie suit,

3 x camo clothing

SVD, 11 magazines,

Silenced M9, 6 magazines,

2x Mk48 mod 0, 4 magazines,

Silenced M4, 12 magazines,

2x G17, 16 magazines,

M9, 7 magazines,

4x Coyote patrol pack,

Many grenades,

3 working or near-working vehicles + enough wheels to last us a week,

rangefinders,

a partridge in a pear tree,

And two sets of antibiotics,

These antibiotics were used to cure the two nearest to death of us, but we had now all fallen to infection, either as a result of travelling together or benig hit by zombies whilst trying to find more antibiotics. I'm loving the increased difficulty, but as it stands this has become less of a threat of death to us, and more of a curse to walk the lands of chernarus until we find a cure as though we'd unwittingly become the skeletal-by-moonlight antagonists of a certain pirate film....  60% of our game time so far has been "Lets go find antibiotics"; 30% has consisted of "Low on blood, murder sheep". Our (what I find to be a somewhat incredible) loot haul has been an unintenional result of our searching for antibiotics... It's quickly become the centerpoint of the game for us so now it is less "slowly collect  all the gear we need to live off the land, and only raid towns if we need supplies urgently" and more "Oh we just cured that one teammate of infection but now three more of us are infected".

Is anyone else finding this, or are we alone in our experience?

Edited by Care
  • Like 1

Don't try and cure it try to survive without a cure.

We do know there is an issue with infection. This has been corrected in the dev builds but we have no release date just now.

• Like 1

The infection thing is the reason I quit playing DayZ for now. I play mostly solo so bloodbagging isn't much of an option, and once I get infected, it's just a matter of time. I have no camps, no tents, nothing. It's just me and what I have on my person. Once I get infected I'm pretty much guaranteed to lose everything I've found. I'm not saying it's a bad thing, it's probably me not being cautious enough but it has killed the game for me.

I just hope that it isn't like this in the standalone, lone wolves like myself need everything we can get to stay alive.

• Like 3

personally i do not see what all the fuss is about with the infection,i actually far prefer it being that much of a kick in the balls when u do get infected, my advice to you all is gethunting around stary novy and that central map space forheli crashes, i have a tent with 12 antis in about 8 of which came from two crashed helis.

So, any answer from Matt regarding the new update for the mod? Or was the mod abandoned?

Yes the mod has obviously been abandoned. No need for you to ever come back to the forum.

personally i do not see what all the fuss is about with the infection,i actually far prefer it being that much of a kick in the balls when u do get infected, my advice to you all is gethunting around stary novy and that central map space forheli crashes, i have a tent with 12 antis in about 8 of which came from two crashed helis.

As a solo player myself, going to the general Stary-area results in certain sniper-inflicted death 9 out of 10 times. I much prefer hanging out near the coast and western side of the map so when/if I die, there's a better chance of me getting my gear back after a short corpse run.

That + I still like to think that hospitals have the highest chance of yielding medical supplies, but apparently Chernorussian medical procedures involve lots of rusty tin cans and razors.

Also, the infection isn't the kick in the balls. It's the way you get the infection: bugged out zeds that hit through walls, zeds that run through solid fences, invisible zeds that hit you from beneath the floor (I thought this was fixed?), zeds that appear to be many yards away from you but suddenly rubber-band right next to you, zeds that are bullet-proof while they are having a cat-scratch-party on your face. That is the real kick in the balls.

Infection as it currently works (or doesn't work) would be fine if the zeds were working properly, but they aren't, so the infection now just causes an immense amount of frustration.

Edited by Applejuice
  • Like 3

ok so again every one is in agreement thatthe ai pathing of arma 2 and the zombies using that system in dayz do not work well, this is being addressedi beleive and from what i know, the zed thing will always be at best buggy.as for bullet proof zeds the only zeds who can take more than a single headshot off of me is the pilots of heli crashes. it sounds to me like a lotof people expect the game to accomadate their playstyle, but it simply does not accomodate any playstyle other than damage limitation and risk evasion.

ok so again every one is in agreement thatthe ai pathing of arma 2 and the zombies using that system in dayz do not work well, this is being addressedi beleive and from what i know, the zed thing will always be at best buggy.as for bullet proof zeds the only zeds who can take more than a single headshot off of me is the pilots of heli crashes. it sounds to me like a lotof people expect the game to accomadate their playstyle, but it simply does not accomodate any playstyle other than damage limitation and risk evasion.

Bulletproof might have been a wrong term, but there are bugs (of course there are) that cause some sort of lagging effect where shots or hits don't register for half a minute or so, making it look as if a zed needs 20-30 hits to kill, while in truth you can actually shoot him in the head once, wait half a minute and then they'll drop.

The problem with that, is that during that lag-out period, the zed is still hitting you and is causing real damage to you, and by doing so, potentially cause an infection.

Maybe I shouldn't run into sheds or one-door buildings, but since antibiotics are so frigging rare, I tend to look through every potential lootspot to find them (and they're also really good spots to find camo/ghillie clothing or bigger backpacks).

I don't want to game to accommodate my playstyle. I want the game to work properly so that I know when I make a mistake by being careless or having bad aim, I will be in trouble. But right now I'm in trouble because the game has constant AI-farts that make ingame life frustrating.

And yay, the next patch will/might fix all of these issues, too bad Matt has been busy the past 3 months and hasn't done anything to get this patch live.

PS: yesterday I was trying out DayZero. I broke a leg and was actually not bothered about it because it was my stupid mistake, the zeds behaved normally. And instead of just getting myself killed, I spent half an hour crawling to a hospital for medical supplies (and the hospital actually did have medical supplies there, shocker) to patch my leg up and get going again. If I get an infection in DayZ, the first thing I do is get myself killed, regardless of the amazing gear I may or may not have.

Edited by Applejuice
  • Like 4

1. Stary - Novy area is usually camped by clans.

2. I don't understand why Zombie AI and zombie/loot spawning mechanics were changed from working to buggy/glitchy that we have right now. Cadian412 reported a bug related to nonmoving zombies (aka zombies guarding the loot). Yes, they were idle in some very small buildings (sometimes, not always!) in 1.7.6.1, before the 1.7.7.x. And now they are guarding almost all of the buildings. Wait, they're also dancing around the helicopter crash sites. Why do we have to kill all of the zeds to loot the crash site, which is extremely rare and contains the best loot in the game (including antibiotics)? So, looting crash sites is not the solution, since killing all of the "zombie security" is required, but melee weapons are almost useless right now and firing a pistol/rifle will spawn 20+ zeds out of nowhere. Before the 1.7.7.x patches I was able to sneak past zeds (just like Price and MacMillan sneaked past the enemy soldiers in Call of Duty 4:

(4:36 - 5:46)), but now I'm not.

3. And the last, but not least, loot spawning mechanics. I can find only 1-2 servers out of 20 (!) where the loot is spawned properly, without any errors or 20+ minute delay. I agree that 1.7.7.1 is better than 1.7.7, but it's full of bugs and problems compared to 1.7.6.1. What I'm trying to say is that most of the things - zombie/loot spawning mechanics, zombie AI, hospital loot tables, tent placement, performance were more stable and simply better. Was it necessary to fix something that wasn't broken? 

I'm not advertising DayZero, but sometimes it's funny to see that DayZero developers solved much more problems than developers of the original mod did. Not to mention that admins of the vanilla DayZ servers (who pay money for running those servers) lost a huge amount of players (who moved to DayZero because of the recent patches).

PS: yesterday I was trying out DayZero. I broke a leg and was actually not bothered about it because it was my stupid mistake, the zeds behaved normally. And instead of just getting myself killed, I spent half an hour crawling to a hospital for medical supplies (and the hospital actually did have medical supplies there, shocker) to patch my leg up and get going again. If I get an infection in DayZ, the first thing I do is get myself killed, regardless of the amazing gear I may or may not have.

I'm glad to hear those 30 minutes were worth it, but try checking industrial, Police and military buildings next time (if the hospital is far away from you): Morphine Auto-Injector is often spawned there.
  • Like 2

Just have a crack at dayzero if you're done with the current build/infection thing being broken as hell. It blows the mod out of the water. Redoing buildings so you can enter them and have loot spawn in em properly not doable? Well dayzero sure shows the devs :P  they has it

Just have a crack at dayzero if you're done with the current build/infection thing being broken as hell. It blows the mod out of the water. Redoing buildings so you can enter them and have loot spawn in em properly not doable? Well dayzero sure shows the devs :P  they has it

It's probably more to do with the fact that you aren't allowed to reverse engineer BIS content including 3D models without special permission as per the EULA, unless these MLOD models are made available by BIS they legally can't use/modify them, I'm curious if DayZero actually managed to get permission because I'd love to see new interiors to the hospital/barracks etc in DayZ too. If they did get permission then I assume it's just a matter of getting a competent ArmA modeler to contribute his time and getting that done (anyone can contribute, you just need to PM RaZ0r)

The official mod seems to be hampered by a bunch of legal and other issues that other mods either don't face or can simply choose to ignore, it's no wonder most people start their own DayZ mods rather then contribute to the official one with limited access (4 PBO's) a bunch of legal/ownership issues and a lengthy approval process for each update.

Edited by SmashT
  • Like 1

It's probably more to do with the fact that you aren't allowed to reverse engineer BIS content including 3D models without special permission from BIS as per the EULA and/or they don't have competent ArmA modelers on the team (it is a team of volunteers afterall that anyone can contribute to)

Would be interesting to know more about this.  I have a feeling that the DayZ devs work under restrictions that either don't apply to other mod makers or that are sometimes ignored by other mod makers.

i played dayzero other day and some features lked like they were from the standalone. was interested to know how this happened if it was content from standalone.

as to the guy showing the cod 4 sneak video yes this is sadly missed from the dayz mod and used to be great creeping by zombies crouch walk around sneaking by them this doesnt happen now they eithr just notice you or they dont.

the earlier way was better and was great in towns.

• Like 2

i played dayzero other day and some features lked like they were from the standalone. was interested to know how this happened if it was content from standalone.

as to the guy showing the cod 4 sneak video yes this is sadly missed from the dayz mod and used to be great creeping by zombies crouch walk around sneaking by them this doesnt happen now they eithr just notice you or they dont.

Yeah, sneaking has become out of the question.  The watch dog zombies not leaving loot coupled with the ones who are drawn to you like a magnet for no reason other than the fact that you're there.  It's frustrating entering even a small "town" with one or two buildings and having 6-8 zombies form a loose circle around you.

The mechanic causing every zombie within a certain number of yards to aggro on you when one zombie does is really un-fun.  Same with the sudden spawning of zeds when you shoot a gun in the wilderness.  I can handle glitchy zombies, but it's very un-fun when I clear out a helicopter or deer stand or infected camp or whatever.  Start looking around and then suddenly 10-15 more zombies are running down the hill towards me even though I just came through there with no zeds in the area.  Eh.

I'm all for more zombies annd more risk, but there has to be better ways to do it other than the cheap "throw zombies at anyone firing a gun" mechanic.  I still play vanilla DayZ exclusively, regardless of what the bugs may be.  I do enjoy it and I know it's a mod with bugs and volunteer staff, so I don't really get upset that it is the way it is.  It's only frustrating that when changes are made they seem to be such a huge swing.  For instance, I'm afraid the next update with make it nearly impossible to get infected or make ABs so common that it's basically like finding a soda can. 

Zombies need to aggro, unaggro, die, and behave relatively similarly vs. the sprinting out of the woods from 500 meters away garbage that's going on now.  The infection rate, AB rate, and other issues may work themselves out if that's fixed.  It's the changing of multiple, interconnected mechanics that give us what 1.7.7.1 has become.  Hotfix one thing at a time!

• Like 1

I've never played or really looked at DayZero tbh although I will be having a peek.  What features would you say were "taken" from the standalone just out of interest?

I've never played or really looked at DayZero tbh although I will be having a peek.  What features would you say were "taken" from the standalone just out of interest?

better fps, 3d gun sights

better fps, 3d gun sights

Not sure "better fps" is really the feature I was looking for.  That's just a performance gain :/.  I'm pretty sure there's been 3d gunsight mods for Arma2 for years as well.  I meant something specific to the SA.

Edited by Fraggle

As a solo player myself, going to the general Stary-area results in certain sniper-inflicted death 9 out of 10 times. I much prefer hanging out near the coast and western side of the map so when/if I die, there's a better chance of me getting my gear back after a short corpse run.

That + I still like to think that hospitals have the highest chance of yielding medical supplies, but apparently Chernorussian medical procedures involve lots of rusty tin cans and razors.

Also, the infection isn't the kick in the balls. It's the way you get the infection: bugged out zeds that hit through walls, zeds that run through solid fences, invisible zeds that hit you from beneath the floor (I thought this was fixed?), zeds that appear to be many yards away from you but suddenly rubber-band right next to you, zeds that are bullet-proof while they are having a cat-scratch-party on your face. That is the real kick in the balls.

Infection as it currently works (or doesn't work) would be fine if the zeds were working properly, but they aren't, so the infection now just causes an immense amount of frustration.

Applejuice pretty much nailed it. Although I think the infection is the big kick in the gonads.

Don't try and cure it try to survive without a cure.

We do know there is an issue with infection. This has been corrected in the dev builds but we have no release date just now.

Last time i played vanilla dayz, i got infected in Novy Sobor, during a very mild Zed attack. I then went from nearly full to fairly low blood, but not empty. I bandaged up and got away. Tried eating, ate everything I had, but got no increase in blood. Had one little down arrow on my blood icon. Tried drinking fluids, no improvement. I made it as far as Stary Sobor, and started looking through the tents. I started passing out, and despite not bleeding, my blood icon was now empty. Less than 45 minutes from the time I got infected. I passed out a few more times, than just dropped dead. How am I supposed to survive an infection like that? Also, I've never been able to increase my blood while infected during this patch.

I've read before that due to the fact that ArmA was designed as a military sim, that the ai for the zeds will always be somewhat bugged; ie that zeds hitting through walls, weird pathfinding, poor hit detection, etc. If that's true, than I don't think infection should be in the mod. I really think it adds nothing, except for frustration, under those circumstances. As of right now, every parameter of it (ability to find antibiotics, ability to survive with it, ease to contract it, number of zeds carrying it), are all heavily scaled against the player, coupled with the bugs. I'd suggest instead just making the zeds attack more damaging, but without infection.

• Like 1

The game is supposed to be brutal.  Brutal is not fun, its frustrating, and therein do you find you fun.

You're going to love the standalone, where you can get infected by putting on new pants with a disease on them. 

When not infected, you should be looking for anti-b's, all the time.

The game is supposed to be brutal.  Brutal is not fun, its frustrating, and therein do you find you fun.

You're going to love the standalone, where you can get infected by putting on new pants with a disease on them.

... and someone has deliberately mislabelled rat poison as antibiotics...

• Like 2

If it's too frustrating, the fun is lost. Would you want to be on a server where you spawn on the beach hungry, thirsty, infected, bleeding, with no bandaids, and antibiotics rarer than sniper rifles, with nearby zeds per-aggro'd and running at you? Most of us wouldn't, but that would be brutal.

If putting on a pair of pants in the standalone is going to kill me in 45 minutes because I don't have antibiotics that take 6 hours to find if I'm lucky, than I'll pass on the standalone.

well you wouldnt put on the trousers of the sickly guy with the 7 fingers you just killed in a real life zombie apocalypse, would you?

Edited by TripleZero

What?

Well ok, then i suggest you make your own game which nothing else than zeds, infection, antiobiotics and axes. Lets see how this would work out.